Photography

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That parchment idea sounds cool. I think I want to get better bulbs for my lamps.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's some more.

These next few are taken in Traverse City, Michigan on the Grand TRaverse Bay.

I love this picture of my grandsons.

This was taken on my sister's property.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, one more and then I have to go to bed. I'm not that great of a photographer yet but I've been working on it!

These are some dead roses I had in a vase. Not sure why, but I like this photo

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There are some nice photos in there. However they are slightly overexposed etc. which is easy to fix in photoshop. Basically programs like photoshop are a "digital darkroom" and it's perfectly ok to tweak your photos in there a bit to get the most out of them.

I'm not talking heavy handed full out photoshopping but a bit of contrast, curves, levels, colour balance etc. adjustments can often make a photo.

As an example I took one of your photos (I hope you don't mind) and tweaked it a bit. I just used a slight curves and levels adjustment to bring down the slight overexposure (or what I see as overexposure anyway) which then brings out richer colours. I also resized to 640px max width because I think that's the biggest that's allowed on this site.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
mzjazz2u;2109453 said:
Ok, one more and then I have to go to bed. I'm not that great of a photographer yet but I've been working on it!

These are some dead roses I had in a vase. Not sure why, but I like this photo
quote]

You've got some lovely photos there and I can see how you're really thinking about the composition of the shots in those photos with the lakes and the tree by the rocks.

Your pictures of the roses is lovely

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Some photos I took over the Christmas period - I was pleased with the outcome considering they were taken with my little point and shoot digital that I take to places I wouldn't take my bigger camera to.

The Christmas ornament that we found in Disneyland Paris and reminded us so much of Tippy's "Don't even think of moving me from this spot" face

Another ornament that we brought back with us

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Siggav

There are some nice photos in there. However they are slightly overexposed etc. which is easy to fix in photoshop. Basically programs like photoshop are a "digital darkroom" and it's perfectly ok to tweak your photos in there a bit to get the most out of them.

I'm not talking heavy handed full out photoshopping but a bit of contrast, curves, levels, colour balance etc. adjustments can often make a photo.

As an example I took one of your photos (I hope you don't mind) and tweaked it a bit. I just used a slight curves and levels adjustment to bring down the slight overexposure (or what I see as overexposure anyway) which then brings out richer colours. I also resized to 640px max width because I think that's the biggest that's allowed on this site.

That's nice! I'm not sure they were really over exposed so much as It was a really overcast day? But I like what you did. I'm always afraid of doing too much in photoshop and making the picture look unrealistic. Guess I have to get over that!

siggav

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep! you've got the knack for it

It's not a huge adjustment but it makes the photo "pop" that much more which is especially important for making it look good on a screen. It's possibile to overdo this sort of adjustments and it doesn't fit every photo but it's a very useful tool to have in your photographic post production toolbox so to speak.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Beautiful pictures! Makes me want to get Photoshop!
Thanks! I'd like to think though, that is has a little to do with the photographer and the camera!
But maybe not so much.