Papa's gone

jaffacake

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful father. I`m afraid that I`m not very eloquent but there will be a special prayer here for him and you and your family tonight.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carol, I'm so sorry that you have lost your Papa. Your post was so touching, the love that you all felt for Papa shines through.

He could not have wished for his final hours to be better and you will be able to find comfort in this in years to come. Even after he had passed, he was surrounded by love, this will be so important to your Mom too.

I am so happy that you are able to make the arrangements that he wanted for his funeral ceremony.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Carol, I'm so sorry for your loss.
I'm sure your father was so grateful that you helped his last day be so special, and that you remember his last wishes, and are honoring them. You've been a good daughter to your Papa.

persi & alley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, I am so sorry to hear this. We lost our son-in-law three months ago. He was only 27 and in the Green Berets. He did get a bugler but as many bodies that are coming back from Iraq, it is amazing. It looks from your avatar that your father was in the army, too. Our son-in-law (Joe) got a full military funeral and I hope that your father does, too.
God bless you in this time of tribulation.

arielrain

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Carol my heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my Dad last May so I understand what you are going through. If you need to talk, send a PM.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Rest in peace Papa.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry that your Papa went downhill so fast. He sounds as though he had a wonderful day yesterday, and was "ready to go". You and your mum did everything for him to make him comfortable, and sounds like what Grant did for him was so special as well.

Best wishes to you and your family over the next couple of weeks which I'm sure will be difficult for you.

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, I am so very sorry to hear of your Dad's passing. I know no words will ever take away the pain.But, know that he isn't in pain now from the Cancer, and he can breath now without the aid of oxygen machines.
Many
coming that way.

essayons89

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss, Carol. Deepest sympathies and condolonces to you and your family.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Carol!

This really caught me by surprise, so I can't even begin to imagine how you feel. It must seem very surreal.

I'm glad you decided to keep his recliner.

Carol - I really hope you at least are at peace with yourself. No one could wish for a better or more loving passing. I'm so happy for your papa that he's whole again - and probably enjoying chocolate pudding and eggnog again.
But I'm so sad for what must be such a big hole in your heart.

Laurie

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It sounds like your Papa's last day was beautiful and full of love!

I'm so sorry to hear that he's passed on.
I pray he is at peace now, and that you and your family will have peace as well.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Carol. I am so sorry for your loss. I am sending hugs and kisses, and healing vibes for you and your family

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, Carol!
I'm so very sorry for you and your family. I know how badly you wanted more time with him. I'm crying just reading this, so I can imagine how you feel.

I hope that it's some comfort to know that he got the kind of ending he deserved...peaceful and surrounded by love and the people he cared about. I guess that's about the best ending anyone can hope for.

Like Laurie said, though, it's nice to think that he's no longer in pain or having to breathe with a machine. Perhaps he's sharing some eggnog and WWII stories with my FIL...it sounds like the two of them would have liked each other.

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

I am so sorry for your father's passing, Carol
But I'm very glad he was surrounded by the family that loves him so much and his passing was peaceful. You and your family will continue to be in my thoughts
I couldn't have said it better..

I'm so sorry, Carol.
Words are hollow at a time like this.

RIP, Papa Petunia.

~KK~

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Carol, I'm so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing this wonderful man with us.