Papa's gone

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, i am soo sorry i'm just now catching up to this thread
I am very sorry for your loss sweetie
It sounds as if your father knew he was very loved by your family and that even though he passed away-he did so knowing how much love everyone had in their hearts for him
I have no doubt he's watching over you now
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family right now during this difficult time

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, everybody. I've been coming by almost every day to read your posts, and I thank you so much for the strength they've given me. You have comforted me, and you have honored my father, and I love each of you for that.

We had the wake last night, and the funeral this afternoon. Papa rests now under a big wide sky on a high hillside, overlooking the beautiful American flag that flies at half-staff above the Dallas-Fort Worth National Cemetery. It's a special cemetery for military veterans and their spouses, like the one at Arlington, Virginia.

I'm so tired now... we all are, not only physically spent, but also emotionally exhausted... but when I can get my wits about me again, I want to share some of the past several days with you. They say it always hurts to grow, and we have certainly hurt a lot, but we've grown, too... within ourselves, and in the bonds among us.

I truly never thought I could survive the loss of someone I loved this much. I've dreaded it all my life. But now the worst has happened -- and I'm still here, and I still have Papa in my heart, and I am still the person he helped me to become.

So I think we're going to be all right... and I'm so grateful to all of you for helping me get through to this point.

calico2222

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, take your time. Funerals, preparations, family and friends are so draining...take time out for yourself right now and try to sort things out in your mind. You probably haven't really had a chance to feel anything but numb, and now relief that it is all over. Believe me, I know.

When you are ready, come back and talk to us. And, again, if you need to talk I'm only a PM away, and so are a lot of other people.
I'm just happy you checked in and let us know you are ok...well, as ok as you can be right now.

kittywarden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Carol rest now. It is a beautiful thing you have done for your papa. I know the next few days will seem strange. Just remember to take care of yourself and your mom. This place helps also as someone will always be around to talk to. Your post here have raised many sad and loving tears for my own loved ones who have passed on in a similar manner.
to you and family.

carwashcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
WoW! I have been so touched by this, I've been wiping my tears! I am
so glad someone came to play TAPPS for your dad, and for you to have promised that! I cry everytime I have ever heard that played! What an honor
for such an honorable man!! I have lost a good friend of mine, last week, but she had lost her father just 3 wks before on Jan. 8, he was a Brigadeare (ms)General, they had a full fledge military funeral, TAPPS was played also. He was also a pilot, he had his own small plane. The friends from the airport,
flew over right after they played TAPPS, there were 3 planes then 1 fell off,
as if the one pilot was no longer with them! They call it something and I can't think of it right now, some kind of salute! But then his best friend flew over in her dad's plane! OMG!!I will never forget that, ever!!!!
I am so sorry Carol for the huge loss of your special dad!! My heart hurts
for you and your family!! Please take care!

Monique

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carwashcats

He was also a pilot, he had his own small plane. The friends from the airport,
flew over right after they played TAPPS, there were 3 planes then 1 fell off,
as if the one pilot was no longer with them! They call it something and I can't think of it right now,
Missing Man Formation

Take care of your self Carol TCS will still be here.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol, I am so sorry for the loss of your papa. Know that he is watching you and looking down on you everyday