Papa's gone

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Carol!

I can never find the right words for these times, but would like to share a short tribute that my brother wrote for my dad when he passed:

Let loose the chains that bind my soul.
That I may soar as meant to be.
Be free.......

There's no more pain.

kittymonsters

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Carol,

I have tears streaming down my face. You have so honored your Papa, I know he is smiling down upon you. It sounds like he passed peacefully and knowing how much he is loved.

I will be sending loving healing thoughts to you and your entire family.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Carol,

I am so very sorry. I know how much it must hurt you and your family. Your father sounds like he was a remarkable gentleman. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not very good at saying the right thing at these times, but my sympathy is sincere.

My Dad was also a WWII veteran.

Your last experience with him sounds eerily like mine when my Dad died. he was in hospice care, too. I even helped the nurse bathe him, before he was taken away, to spare Mom the ordeal.

I know if you were here, most of my kitties would sense your pain, and jump on your lap, and cuddle with you. I wish I could give you a big hug, too.

Please feel free to PM me if you need a shoulder to cry on.

Love,

MargeCat

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thank you for sharing your touching story. It has been said before, but I have to agree, we should all be so lucky to go as loved and peacefully as your papa.

rang_27

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. I know that right now you are focused on taking care of everything that you need to do. I also know that you are focused on taking care of you mother, but please take some time for yourself. Allow yourself to grieve and cry.

kaete

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear of your Papa's passing. You and your family are in my thoughts. You were wonderful in his last days, and I just know that he is so grateful for all of you. Take care of yourselves

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Carol.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
It sounds like he knew it was his time and that he was surrounded by people who love him.

Vibes for you and your family. You're definatly taking it better then I would

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. Your Papa was greatly loved and he knew it, and at the end his passing was peaceful. May the family have the strength to remember the good times they had with a good father and grandpa. ANd I am so glad you can have his funeral the way he wanted it. That is a wonderful tribute.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
My condolences, Carol. Just reading your post made me think what a peaceful passing that was for your father, and he'll surely rest in peace.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm sorry you've lost him - i know how much you loved him. but i'm glad he had a good last day, able to hear from so many loved ones.
my grandmother had a similarly good last day - her last christimas with all of her descendants around her... the musical ones sang for her [she always loved that, was so proud, tho she'd never admit it!].

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Carol, I'm so sorry about your Papa, I just finished reading your post. Your love for him is very evident throughout it. It's a nice tribute to your father and I'm glad you found a bugler. Take care of yourself and your Mom.

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Im so sorry about your pops passing!! How are you taking it?? Are you okay??
How's his wife taking it?? I cried when I read this, at first I thought It was a break off of the last thread, then I read the name.... Im soo soo sorryy!!This cant be easy for you....If you need to talk, or just to vent or you need a good cry Im always heree....crying along side of you..........

RIP Papa~ You were much loved!

thezookeeper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. My grandma passed away last month due to complications of Alzheimers. I had spent the past 5 years helping my Grandpa care for her. I understand the hard work devotion and love it takes to care for an ageing, sick parent. I also know the heartbreak that comes after the parent has passed away. When you devote so much of your time and energy careing for someone, your life feels off track when the person is no longer there to care for. My thoughts and prayers are with you.