Opinions, please? Is Flowerbelle having a mild asthma attack or a weird purr?

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just ordered the exact same for Wendall - thanks for the link. I also am thinking of taking Wendall off of the Steroid and solely try him on the Curcumin. He is on 5 mg. Pred. 2 - 3 x wk. I don't really know how much it is helping him because he has not gotten worse nor has he improved. So - interested in trying the Curcumin solely for him.

WONDERFUL - SUPER news that so far Flowerbelle is doing much better !!! I assume you will still be hearing and witnessing the episodes from time to time BUT hopefully :cross: :cross: they will have diminished greatly and be on a much smaller scale so as not to cause her any stress and worrying momma :hugs:. It would be unsettling to see her in such breathing distress. Really good that you already have the oxygen on hand too. I forgot that you have it for Gary. I hope that you will never have to use it for Flowerbelle. :cross: :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: for many, many, many days of healthy, happy breathing and NORMAL purrs from sweet Flowerbeauty (as I like to call her :rub:)

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks Kelly. :)

Lauren - I just started taking it for myself. :lol3: I have asthma, and the advair without insurance is SO expensive. I don't know why I didn't immediately think of this! So I'll see for myself - I hope!

Flowerbelle is doing AWESOME. She has had one, MAYBE two MINOR MINOR MINOR episodes - literally like 20 or 30 seconds - each day. But that is IT. And it was always worst at meals, when she gets the most excited - and she is not having asthma attacks then. NONE. She can purr up a storm (which still sets me on edge in anticipation!) and EAT. No massive abdominal pumping, nose flaring, or stretched neck.

I am honestly stunned at how quickly and effectively this is working for her. We now have 13 meals under our belt with no more asthma attacks. I'm just wondering when I call the neuro to tell her. I mean - this has to be long enough to be no coincidence, right?

AND she's running around here like a nut. We'll be taking her in tomorrow to check her blood pressure. :cross:

KNOCK WOOD!!!!!!

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
This is super good news!   Nope, I don't think this is a coincidence

Good luck on the BP test tomorrow

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am honestly stunned at how quickly and effectively this is working for her. We now have 13 meals under our belt with no more asthma attacks. I'm just wondering when I call the neuro to tell her. I mean - this has to be long enough to be no coincidence, right?

AND she's running around here like a nut. We'll be taking her in tomorrow to check her blood pressure. :cross:

KNOCK WOOD!!!!!!
:woohoo: :dance: :high5: NO COINCIDENCE - way past that at this point. :nod: I am so very happy to hear how she is feeling ... like a nut..... YAY :bigthumb: :clap::clap:

BETTER DO THIS, because we always do and I can't find that little knocking on wood emoticon. This will have to do. :lol3: :lol:

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This thread needs an update.

It is January 2015. Late summer, Flowerbelle started having more breakthrough breathing issues (asthma attacks). After chatting with the vet, we bumped her dose of curcumin to 1/32nd teaspoon three times a day (doubling what she was getting). I switched from Doctor's Best standardized curcumin C3 complex to NOW Curcubrain - the longvida curcumin. For good measure, I now rotate in the Meriva curcumin as well. So I switch every two weeks between the three types (Longvida, Meriva, and Curcumin with BioPerine). The dose for any of them is the same. (Flowerbelle weighs 7 pounds).

Her asthma is 98% controlled. She will have little breathing episodes here and there - but I can't even call them asthma attacks. The vet feels that they are not anything that needs to be treated at this time, and I agree. Flowerbelle is running around here like a nut - it's not bothering her. :D

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
She is! They all are. :D :clap: And the BEST part - for us - is that now when Flowerbelle purrs, it is because she's happy, not because she's having trouble breathing!!!!!