OK dawnofsierra- tell me how kitty is doing this morning?

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As you know Stephanie I LOVE the name Serenity
. Sierra is being such a brave girl. Don't worry, taking it gently - it will come right. She is still sleeping on your head, that has to be a good thing. Just take it slowly - remember that tiny steps will get you the longest way on your journey!

When we had two carriers in the car with Tippy and Adelaide in (before they accepted each other) we put a towel over Adelaide's carrier, so that they couldn't see each other and there were no problems at all.

Sending you and your little girls lots of good vibes and sweet little scritches.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Serenity...your name is beautiful.
You are now part of a family with a loving Mommy & Sister.
Bless you sweet Sierra, Serenity & Stephanie...
Lots of cuddles & purrs,
Dexter, Sadie and Lei

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much, Sandra, Pat, MA, Beth, Lei, and Sam!
Thank you for your advice, MA, Pat, and Beth! I will certainly put these excellent tips into practice immediately! Answering your question ,MA, of how Sierra is doing aside from the intro, she is great! Acting quite herself, even more lovable when we're alone, in fact. She's been eating great, and has thrown up only once all week. We're still having our fun playtime and snuggle time, and she still has her beautiful sparkle in her eyes.
Now if she will just tolerate her new little sister! Also, yes, they will definitely have separate kennels for the journey home.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww Serenity!
Sierra sounds like just how Rosie was with Sophie, and i remember when she would bop Sophie on the head and i would say "No Rosie, thats naughty!", but i didn't shout it, but i remember Laurie(LDG) told me not to say anything to Rosie as she was just showing Sophie who was alpha.

I left Sophie in the bathroom with her bed for the first two weeks when it was bedtime just so Rosie could have me all to herself, but after i found her grooming her that sunday i knew then Sophie would be able to share the room with us

She will get there, just take it one day at a time

emma's friend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good luck, Stephanie. I know it must be stressful for you to see your sweet baby unhappy. I bet in no time you'll both wonder how you got along with out the new wee one!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY!!! What a beautiful name! I hope they start getting along soon!

Have a safe trip home! Can't wait to see pics!!!

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
YAY Serenity! I like that name! I hope Sierra accepts her soon and can't wait to see pics!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stephanie,

Things really sound wonderful
even if there are head swats - it just happens.
I am curious to find out what happened after you got settled at home - Sierra probably said, "No - she's not coming with us, right Mom???!!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
aw gawsh i just finished reading this thread because ive been busy during the week!
Aww serenity! i cant wait for pics, im so happy that you got to keep her.
We are waiting untill the right kitty comes along to us.
Have a safe drive home and i hope not too many mews!

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a nice name Stephanie!

Sending lots of "get along" vibes their way!

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie!! I just caught up on this thread... how have I missed it?! I'm so excited for you - what a wonderful, caring person you are to take in sweet little Serenity (I love the name). You are an angel, honestly! I hope Sierra comes to accept her new sister quickly... I know how frustrating it can be when they don't get along but... wow, you should look at Baylee and Max, they are best friends now and I know that soon, that will be Sierra and Serenity.

Hugs to you and your gang... can't wait to see pictures!

lisalee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm just reading this now Stephanie, I love the name Serenity. So pretty, as I'm sure she is.
I'm sorry to hear Sierra is a bit stressed, although she doesn't sound like she's handling it too bad.
I hope it works out and everyone is happy soon!

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you guys for your never ending support, encouraging stories and tips!

Today was have made some progress. We all took a shower together, Sierra on the counter and Serenity playing around on the floor. Serenity is currently sleeping on my right hand as I do my best to type one handed!
Just a few minutes ago, Sierra came out of her window to walk across the keyboard (her message was something like wqyruojnbmgkl) She then touched noses with Serenity, hissed, and returned to her window. This doesn't sound great, but it's actually the best she's done!
With every even slight gesture on Sierra's part, she receives abundant praise and treats to reinforce her behavior!

Serenity is scooting today, her sides are still distended, and she's having loose stools. We will be in contact with the Vet tomorrow to inquire about further treatment for these nasty worms. She eats like a little piglet, but I must wonder, how much of the nutrients she receiving and how must the worms are stealing fom her.
It's incredible to imagine after all the worms she's expelled there are still many to treat! She's too tiny to have to deal with this! We'll have this taken care of in no time!
She also used her little box again today! She has to be placed in there and reminded what she's supposed to do, but she's doing a great job! The littler box is also an excellent play toy, so I have to watch her carefully, of course. Between her sleeping and eating, she's become a little ball of energy!
We'll , my little birdie is waking up and chirping for her meal, so off we go for another feeding!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear of the progress...I look forward to the day when Sierra decides this is actually the best gift she's ever received

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love the name Serenity too and can't wait to see some pictures
I hope things continue going well between her and your Sierra.
Sending -Good Vibes- for the vet visit tomorrow.