OK dawnofsierra- tell me how kitty is doing this morning?

laurelism

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow Steph I just got ahold of this post... how could I have missed it? Congrats on your cute little Serenity! Not to mention choosing her name! I don't know how you did it with all the choices *grin* Can't wait for some more updates and definetly PICS! Don't keep us waiting!
((((Vibes for Serenity))))

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you so much, Pat, Sandra, Sam, Rita, Lacey, Laurel, and Howard!
Your excitement with us just means so much! Yes, we're celebrating even the slightest progress!
Another little bit of progress to add! Just a few minutes ago, Sierra and Serenity ate from their own personal dishes positioned about 2-3 feet apart!
Sierra gets a bonito treat and much praise each time Serenity is anywhere near her! My sweet little girl is doing such a great job!

I keep forgetting to add how wonderful the little pouch is to us! Serenity spends the majority of her time when she is not eating or playing in our little pouch that hangs around my neck so that she is close to my heart, safe, cuddled and warm. What a wonderful idea this little pouch is for tiny kittens!

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great to hear this progress, Stephanie!! Nose touches -- yup, good stuff. It sounds as if any displays of hostility are just that -- displays -- intended to let little Miss Serenity know who's boss -- "and don't forget it, shortstuff" You're doing great giving Sierra an opportunity to call some of the shots, but at the same time encouraging her to be nice. Before you know it, she'll be grooming her little sister.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's wonderful to read those updates Stephanie - your two girls are doing so well!!! Sierra and Serenity will soon be best buddies
. You're doing a great job - what great news that they are eating close together and supervising your shower together. Before long they'll be a real team making sure you behave yourself

Sending lots of good vibes for continued integration progress and for the riddance of those nasty worms too

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wowee! Just found out about this! Congratulations Stephanie! Awww, everything looks good! The worm problem should be clearing soon! I'm happy for the 3 of you!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Serenity is perfect!

I am so pleased to read your updates, Stephanie!
It is great that the integration progress is going so well!
As everyone has said - I am sure Sierra will love her new sister in no time!
You are doing such a wonderful job!

I look forward to seeing some pictures and reading more updates!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stephanie!

What terrific progress! How wonderful Sierra is doing !
She's going to be a great "big sister" !

vespacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things sound to be progressing wonderfully, Stephanie!
Serenity sounds like a little cutie and Sierra is such a sweetheart to be doing so well with her!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh, I wanna see a picture of Serenity in her little pouch so bad!!!
Such a sweet visual!

I'm so excited that they keep getting closer. Sounds as if it's only getting better from here! Pretty soon they'll be cleaning each other!!! yay!!!

Thanks for the update!!!

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe Sierra, Rosie, and Eponine can start a big sister support group
. Sounds like things are developing WONDERFULLY!
I'd love to see a picture of little Serenity in her pouch; I bet she looks adorable
. I'm so happy for your growing family, Steph

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you guys soooo much! Sierra says the Big Sister support groups sounds to be a great idea!

Well, back to the Vet today for Serenity. She does extremely well, even tolerated a thermometer up her little back side with only the slightest flinch! She then fell asleep on my shoulder as the Vet examined her! We saw a different Vet today, and I once again pointed out the drainage from her nose and eyes and that she had sneezed twice today, she also has a slight temp. The Vet said she has a URI. This bothers me a great deal, because I pointed out these very symtoms Tuesday, specifically asking about a URI, and the Vet said it was nothing!
I'm upset because now all this time she's been in close proximity to Sierra due to my encouragment, and they even touched noses last night! Oh, how I couldn't stand for my sweet baby to get sick because I brought in Serenity.
Serenity is on Clavamox now, twice a day for two weeks. The Vet also prescribed another dewormer for her to have today, tomorrow, and then on July 7th.
She has lost down to 7 oz from her previous 8oz. Unbelievable as much as she eats! I suppose these are some well fed worms. I'll be so glad when they're finally out of her! She got another bath tonight because she made such a mess somehow rolling in her food!
She has also had these runny stools giving her a dirty little bottom. I'm also putting olive oil on her bottom because it's a bit sore. You'd never know she was sick, though, she's so full of energy!
Sierra is still doing wonderfully! Such a sweet baby girl! This is our one on one time, and she's snuggled up here with me as I type
She did very well with Serenity today, only hissing when Serenity invaded "her space"! Now that we've come this far with our introductions, we're sort of having to take a step back since Serenity has this URI. They will be completely separated once again as a precaution even though she's already been exposed.

Thank you guys for your continued support and encouragement!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry for the uri
I look forward to when you can say Serenity is worm-free, sneeze-free and gaining weight. My thoughts and prayers for Sierra to not have picked up Serenity's uri, and that it is a mild case that Serenity quickly kicks.

Give both these special girls, a little nose kiss from me.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I will be praying that sweet Sierra's healthy immune system keeps her safe while little Serenity heals quickly.