OK dawnofsierra- tell me how kitty is doing this morning?

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Speaking of poop, Little One pooped again just a few minutes ago after her meal! Now she's settled into her special box for a nap. It's very tiring being a little kitty, you know!

berylayn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another S name -- Sophia.

I can't wait to see pics as well. Sounds like she's having a kitty blast with you. She wore herself out!

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooo running commentary of littleun's bowel movements. I don't think I've ever read anything more interesting
she certainly sounds like she's having a good time in the litter box

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Stephanie what wonderful news to hear that she is eating and pooping well. Little One certainly has made herself right at home in your loving little family
. Sierra is being such a wonderful girl, showing her little sister a good example. Sending lots of good vibes for a successful Vet visit and for the integration of all family members together

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie, I'm so excited for you
It is wonderful that you've taken in this sweet baby (I have a soft spot for dilute torties!). She sounds precious
Eponine never, NEVER liked other cats, either, which is why I was nervous about adding Cosette to the house. But, I introduced them slooooooooooowly and, since Cosette was so tiny, Eponine adjusted to her very well and now I cannot get them to stop playing
Your sweet girls will do great together, I just know it!

Good luck and keep us updated!

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You are doing a great job. Raising kittens gives one so many warm fuzzies. Keep up the good work and know that you are helping to reduce the rate of entriopc decay in the universe.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you for the encouragement, Howard, Rufus & Lukey!

You're so right, Barbara! Guess my poop descriptions were just the Nurse coming out in me!
People sure would be surprised, and likely a bit embarrassed if they new how carefully we have to describe our patient's bodily functions!

We're still visiting my parents. By the time we got finished up Wed, it was too late to drive home. Sure do want to go back today, Sierra and I miss the beach, and we're ready to get back to "normal".
We're out isolation!!!
Little One has tested negative for everything and is now enjoying a bit of freedom out of her box exploring the living room! What an enormous relief!
She did super well at the Vet. She weighs almost 8 ounces! I sure wish I had gotten her weight Sunday night. I tell you, she's practically doubled in size since then! She has round worms, not unusual for kittens, of course, and has been dewormed. She was treated with a partial strength flea treatment. I asked the Vet about the possibility of her becoming anemic due to her tiny age with all these flees. She agreed, saying she may already be somewhat anemic and gave us a vitamin supplement with iron. She has already had a good size poop, slightly loose, containing a couple of strands of spaghetti. Getting rid of those worms already! All the more great news about that poop and her pee, she went in the little pan for the first time!
I stimulated her in the pan, and she went like a pro! Then, she covered it up, but the litter instantly became a fun game, so out she goes!
Following the Vet, we went to PetSmart for a little fun! We stocked up on Nutro kitten, the best I can get around here for now. She also has her own little litter pan and scoop. We would need this anyway, but for now Sierra mustn't come in contact with her fecal matter. Also, a couple of fun toys as well! They only had two colors of the safety collar I like, purple, which is Sierra's color, and pink, which wouldn't go well with her colors.
Had to get my baby girl a treat while I was there, too! Sierra had a very special Nutro Salmon pouch when I arrived home! That's one of her favorites, and she was so excited about it!
Also got her favorite grass kit. Usually order it on line, didn't realize it was available in this store. I went all through the beds, but didn't care for any of them and didn't want to get one that isn't "just right" simply because I was wanting to give her a treat. She will be getting a new bed for her Birthday anyway!

We began our integration process tonight. I wore my shirt I had on with Baby S and when I picked Sierra up, she was unhappy. She sniffed me over, and got mad, whipping her tail and huffing and puffing.
She cheered up quickly, though, with her bonito treat! She then came out of our room where she usually stays when we're visiting my parents and investigated the house. She sniffed over Baby S's box in which she was sleeping, and didn't give her alot of thought, just wanted some more of her bonito! She's now back in our room, relaxing peacefully, and we've had some special snuggle and play time.
It's great to not have to keep showering and changing clothes to see my sweet girl!
Little One is exhausted! She's had such a big day and is trying to sleep it off! She slept for the longest time when we got home, not even interested in eating! Now she has eaten and pottied as I mentioned before, and is zonked back out in my lap!
She's so sweet, a fuzzy wuzzy purrbox!

For all who have taken the time to read all this, thank you so much for caring for us and for all your support!
I'm still digging through these fabulous names! I sure am carefully examining them and hoping she will soon help name herself! What's everyone's favorites? I love the meaning behind behind these beautiful names!You guys are the very best!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ahhh Steph, your post has put a smile on my face for the rest of the day! so glad to hear all the good news!! Sierra will come around, you will see. Just give her time..........

I really like the name Samantha.......Sammy maybe for short. Whatever you name your new baby will be just perfect though I'm sure. Give Sierra a big hug and kiss from Auntie Susie and TTP!

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awww... Steph.... I am so glad Sierra took it so well. She just needed to see her. Then Sierra went up to her and said "Wow - she's not scary"
Looking forward for you to get back home and update us in "fast time"

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How great is this so far!!!!
For Sierra not to even give a murmer at her is fantastic!
Good grief when i think back to how Rosie reacted Sophie with her hissing and growling at both of us!

Awww and i remember Sophies poop when she had her wormer
but thankfully it didn't last long

Ooooh i can't wait to see her!

SAFFRON, SAFFRON, SAFFRON

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

How great is this so far!!!!
For Sierra not to even give a murmer at her is fantastic!
Good grief when i think back to how Rosie reacted Sophie with her hissing and growling at both of us!

Awww and i remember Sophies poop when she had her wormer
but thankfully it didn't last long

Ooooh i can't wait to see her!

SAFFRON, SAFFRON, SAFFRON

SAMMY SAMMY SAMMY!!!

sar

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stephanie, I am so pleased that your vet visit went well and kitty is doing great!

I am glad that Sierra didn't take the smell too badly either - I think she knows it means lots of tasty treats!

I really can't wait for you to get home and give us another update - and lots of pictures of both Sierra and kitty S!

I like the name Saida!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

SAFFRON SAFFRON SAFFRON!

Ok meet half way?!...........SAFFY!!!!
Ok, halfway Susan...either Saffy or Samron!!! LOLOL

What do you think Steph???

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am glad to hear things are going well

I like the name Serenity

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are so great!
Saffron, Sammy, and Saida area all so lovely. Thank you for those suggestions, Susan, Susie, and Sarah!
Hmmmm, may need to give Saffrantha and Samron a little more thought, though!
Thank you for sharing your Sophie's story, Susan. Yes, Chris, I can't wait to be back on my cable modem! Boy, this dial-up is soooo s l o w. Pat, I have seriously considered Serenity.
The only thing is, it seems so long, doesn't it? Also, I don't care for Serena, sort of its abbreviated version. Boy, won't she hurry and name herself! This is so tough! For now, she remains Little One or Baby S.