Oh miss Annabelle

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Fourth baby has made it ;-)

I am so in love. Already making plans on us buying a house faster than planned. Not sure I can depart from any of them ;-(
Congrats dad 🎈 and Annabelle, start house hunting now. 😃 I understand how attached you can get just at first sight. Years ago I took in a litter of 6 newborns I had to hand feed them for four days before I was able to trap the mom, I already had 7 cats but I could not walk away from them as they were in a commercial building and the building manager was going to call animal control😠 so I took them in. As they grow you will become more and more in love with them. 💕💕

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Congrats! Are there 5 yet? It’s normal for there to be hours (and occasionally even days) between deliveries, so if indeed there are 5, she will deliver the last one when it and her body are ready.

I took in a pregnant stray back in 2015 who delivered 4 healthy babies. I could not part with any of them. The “kittens” (I still call them that as a group) are now 8 years old and all 15-plus pounds. Big and healthy. I’ve never regretted keeping them all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Number five is still staying warm inside their mommy. Her water just broke again so I am sure they will make their appearance very soon.
I just know I can feel it in my heart that after falling in love with Annabelle the way that I have I couldn’t imagine anything happening to her babies so they’re just gonna have to stay with me and most likely be called Kittens as well. I just wanna thank all of you for sticking around being around saying the words of encouragement that you have we may not know each other, but you have no idea how this has helped me so thank you from the bottom of this new and VERY PROUD meowdad ;-)

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you’re in love now, wait until their eyes open and they begin to toddle. :heartshape: And the kittens fall in love with you! :catlove:

Put mom’s food, water, and litter near the nest so she doesn’t have far to go to satisfy her needs. She will be exhausted and not want to leave the kittens.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So there’s eight nipples and only five babies but yet they are fighting each other over two nipples. Do I just let them fight or do I let the ones that have the nipples drink and then move them away so the other ones can drink because they’re all latching they all just want the same nipple.
Poor Annabella is so exhausted. it’s crazy how I watch this tiny little kitten turn into such an amazing mother overnight. I know I’m a man and I’m definitely not ashamed to say that it brings tears to my eyes so grateful that she ended up here with us instead of continued her life. However, her life would’ve been lived with those people next-door..

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So there’s eight nipples and only five babies but yet they are fighting each other over two nipples. Do I just let them fight or do I let the ones that have the nipples drink and then move them away so the other ones can drink because they’re all latching they all just want the same nipple.
Poor Annabella is so exhausted. it’s crazy how I watch this tiny little kitten turn into such an amazing mother overnight. I know I’m a man and I’m definitely not ashamed to say that it brings tears to my eyes so grateful that she ended up here with us instead of continued her life. However, her life would’ve been lived with those people next-door..
You may rotate them if necessary. As you would do with a big litter.

Its quite common parents thinks there is one more; usually because the internal organs are swollen.

Anyway, as long there doesnt seems to be any trouble its just to observe and wait....

What are their weights?

Ps the whitish one is prob a point. "Siamese-mix"

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Try putting each kitten to its own nipple. There’s usually a couple of days of “fighting” over nipples — often the two hind quarter mammaries are fullest early on — but kittens will decide on a favorite nipple and stick with it for the duration. Hopefully, to each its own.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Try putting each kitten to its own nipple. There’s usually a couple of days of “fighting” over nipples — often the two hind quarter mammaries are fullest early on — but kittens will decide on a favorite nipple and stick with it for the duration. Hopefully, to each its own.
okay I will definitely do that. Thank you again.
ALL OF YOU!
I am waiting for the wife to be home with the weight machine. The one I have I thought worked and can’t get it turned on so she is buying one on her way home. ;-(

PS will Annabelle breathe hard for a while after she’s all done?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she will breathe hard as nursing is very hard work, especially in the beginning. However, the heavy breathing can also mean low calcium, so immediately offer her a dish of kitten formula to drink, and continue to give her a dish or two a day for the extra calcium she needs now through her nursing days.

The formula will often quell the heavy breathing. A cat who is too low on calcium can have seizures and die.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations! I can only imagine how happy Annabelle is to be someplace safe with her new family. I, also, have owned siblings, parents and offspring, and even a grandmother and the grandchildren. It is very hard to let them go.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her breathing has not settled down. She has drank some KMR twice and a lot of it. I’m waiting for the vet to give me a call back. I really really hope she’s OK. Can you guys please cross your fingers for her