Oh miss Annabelle

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So our next-door neighbor moved out the middle of July and left their cat behind so my wife and I took her in and a little to our surprise. I’m starting to believe that Little Miss Annabel is going to grace us with her babies…

We finally was able to bring her inside on July 27 so I know she hasn’t been around any other cat since then because we only have a dog and we noticed her belly was getting bigger around 23 August.

I have never been through anything like this. We did call our vet and our vet said if she’s acting OK and eating to just let it go through because she’s been through enough trauma and stress that putting her in a crate and bringing her to an unfamiliar place where people are probably been touching her could hurt more in the long run, but I am scared shitless .

She is the sweetest, most loving, furry animal, so I’ve ever met in my life and it breaks my heart that she could’ve been all by herself for a really long time. If I wiped a notice that after they moved out, she was still in the backyard.

So I’m going to include a couple pictures of her. Maybe you guys could help me out to let me know how far along do you think she is?

I appreciate any help and trust and believe me as soon as the babies are old enough, she will be spayed so her kind little heart never have to go through this again!

Thanks again
Annabelle’s family
❤❤❤❤❤❤

Attachments

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes. She's pinking up (nipples are more prominent and pink.) Can you see or feel kitten movement? Next observation - when kittens "drop" she'll look less pregnant and birth is close.

Give her some places to nest, feed her well. Not that it will necessarily be needed but get some KMR (kitten milk replacer) (the powder that you mix with water seems to be preferred to the pre-mix by experienced Cat Site forum members) and a feeding bottle. Better to have on hand than a frantic search later on.

Cats manage delivery quite well.

It is so lovely that you have taken her in and clearly love her. And she loves you. Just look how calm and relaxed she is, in the pictures you have shared.

I spit on your neighbors who casually left her behind without a care as to what might happen to her.

I look forward to your updates (and more pictures!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for replying…

We could feel bulges starting about a week and a half ago and today I’m actually feeling a little kicks here and there. She is following me around the house. If I go to the bathroom, she hast to sit between my feet. Lol
I also noticed today she doesn’t look as round as she has been. She’s starting to look quite slim. So maybe that is” dropping”???

The neighbors were not the type of neighbors I would ever want again. I know that they had more than just her but I’m pretty sure they left her because they knew. She was very dirty and had a lot of mats underneath her belly. That is why her hair is cut because I cut it. It might look like a horrible 1980s bowl cut (haha) but I think she was really really grateful after it was done.

I will definitely have my wife pick up some KMR. On her way home from work.

thank you again so much.

Attachments

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
People who leave pets behind when they move make me sick.

When her water breaks make sure to be their but don't helicopter her. Only interfear if she has trouble or is visably distressed. Give her a box or a large under the bed type rubbermaid container lined with soft towels or other easily washed material. And keep it in a low traffic room at floor level.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to say anything, Annabelle and I really appreciate it.
Not sure where we’re at. I think we both just agreed that will take a day by day and this is her show and she controls it.
Today and particularly she isn’t letting me really leave the bathroom. She kind of just wants to lay between my legs and earlier today she was getting her bottom on my carpet in my room so maybe that signs that deliveries coming or maybe it’s just signs that she’s reaching the end. ;-)

I just want her to have a healthy and easy delivery and have healthy babies but most importantly I want her to be healthy afterwards. So I guess I will update if anything new exciting starts happening but if anyone has any underground cat info, that could help me out, be free to leave it because I am open to reading and learning any knowledge that again, thanks again in advance.

Annabel’s family ❤❤❤❤

Attachments

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a random goofy question would any of you know the reason why she scooting her butt across my carpet?

it doesn’t seem swollen or a concerning red but she’s done it twice and then she goes right to licking her belly area.

It’s probably nothing in here goes to worry worm inside of me. Sorry in advance.

Annabelle‘s mom

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The classic answer to scooting is irritation in the rear or anal glands that need to be expressed. However, if she is within 1 - 2 weeks of giving birth, it may be from sensations that she is feeling from the pregnancy and the weight of the kittens.

Pregnant cat... looking for some answers
This is an older thread and the discussions continues in another direction, but the scooting is mentioned and addressed.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good evening everyone
So
About an hour ago Annabel has become very restless, lays down and gets up. Lays down and gets up. Goes inside the litter box, but then walks right back out. She still lets me rub her tummy but it’s now with a growl but i also noticed there was a red tinge around her down there area.
I took the best picture that I could hopefully it’s not too graphic and it’s OK to post here ;-)

Attachments

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope you are all doing well. Maybe you have kittens by now!

If not, has her water broken? Does she seem to be uncomfortable or in distress?
Thanks for checking in on us. Nope notta nuffin 😂

Breathing faster than normal and when she lays down on Her belly she legs are spread to her side and not under her. And I suppose she doesn’t look as pregnant when she lays belly down either.

Attachments

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd keep a fleece blanket nearby and put it in there when the kittens arrive if that's the spot she's chosen.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So Miss Annabel is eating only wet food as of today. She wants a lot of attention and when I rub her belly it gets extremely hard for about 12 seconds and then goes back to a sort of squishy feeling. I haven’t noticed any mucous plug or discharge at the moment, just kind of wanted to catch up and let anyone who is following this know what’s going on with her at this point, I still have no idea what the hell I’m doing or what is going on but hey, it’s happening lol
Hope each and everyone of you are having a wonderful day

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It IS happening! :clap:That sounds like they could be contractions. When our mama (recently) had kittens she was so surprised when her water broke! She looked at me, like, "What was THAT?" I had felt the muscles tightening just before. (And, it wasn't very much liquid.) She started delivering kittens very soon afterwards.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much for replying. Makes me feel like I’m not so alone in this. 😂

My heart just breaks for her. I don’t want her to hurt and I wanted to go smooth for her and I want her to know what she’s doing so that her babies are OK as well. The anxiety is killing me. ❤