Oh miss Annabelle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So just got off the phone with our vet and she said that it’s quite common for the first 24 hours because of the trauma her body went through and all of the protein and calcium water loss and blood loss that she’s gone through so she wants me to make sure she intakes the KMR But also wants me to feed her tuna can salmon canned chicken whichever one she wants to eat and however much she wants to eat it and then give her a call back in the morning to let her know how everything is going .
What do you guys think? I don’t want to be rude towards my bed that I’ve used with my dog his whole life I think I’m just freaking out here. Sorry guys.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Her breathing has not settled down. She has drank some KMR twice and a lot of it. I’m waiting for the vet to give me a call back. I really really hope she’s OK. Can you guys please cross your fingers for her
Afterpains are common. the tip about calcium is too useful....
But good you do try to contact your vet, if you worry... Instinct and intuition is not to be neglected. Better safe than sorry..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think your vet is spot on! I think your cat’s breathing will definitely get better since she’s had the KMR. It is not uncommon for cats to react this way the first 24 hours. Offering other protein is good as well.

You really don’t want to take mom and kittens to the vet office unless you absolutely have to. Other than checking her vitals the only thing the vet might do is give a calcium or other vitamin shots. Since your cat did drink the formula, she should get better soon.

I remember my stray eating 4 placentas, drinking tons of KMR, and eating a whole cat bowl full of boiled shredded chicken after giving birth. Then she did not get up to use the litter box for about 12 hours — she just nursed and rested.

Try to relax — Miss Annabelle should be just fine soon.

Wusequeendom Wusequeendom

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone. Everyone is just perfect. The only thing I have not done is weigh them, which I will do as soon as they are up because mommy and babies are sleeping. But they are all latching have chosen their specific nipple, so no more fighting even though there was one or two fights, that I could help but laugh at. lol.
She was given as much canned tuna, canned chicken breast, some yogurt, goats, milk, KMR, high protein, calorie kitten food that she wanted last night, and I believe my wife said that the only time she saw her breathe hard was when she was nursing. (my wife tagged in last night so that I can get some sleep.) (and then she called me a worry wart).
So I guess everything is much much better, but leave it to me to still have one question? Haha
How long does Annabelle bleed? She still has pretty bright red around her vagina area I mean I she gave birth so there’s gonna be some blood and I’ve researched it and I don’t wanna bother my vet again And everything online. Holy moly makes you feel like you’re dying. Ugh.
so here I am asking you all ;-)

Attachments

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
All is well and that is fabulous news!

Cats will bleed and spot for about 7-10 days after giving birth while the uterus heals. It starts out bright red, then turns pinkish, then brownish, then disappears — much like a human woman after the vaginal delivery of a baby.

The only time to worry is if the bleeding is heavy and doesn’t stop, such as with a hemorrhage, but that is rare. Miss Annabelle sounds like she is following the normal course so far.

Weighing the babies today is just fine! They all look healthy and good they’ve all settled on a nipple. Posts the weights when you get them if you don’t mind.

Wusequeendom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All is well and that is fabulous news!

Cats will bleed and spot for about 7-10 days after giving birth while the uterus heals. It starts out bright red, then turns pinkish, then brownish, then disappears — much like a human woman after the vaginal delivery of a baby.

The only time to worry is if the bleeding is heavy and doesn’t stop, such as with a hemorrhage, but that is rare. Miss Annabelle sounds like she is following the normal course so far.

Weighing the babies today is just fine! They all look healthy and good they’ve all settled on a nipple. Posts the weights when you get them if you don’t mind.
so this is normal? Hahaha I am helicopter dad! She is going to hate me before all this is over!!

weights are being accounted for right now ;-)

Attachments

Hobiflowery

Minnie
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww just decided to check if there any updates yet - Mama Annabelle did so well, such beautiful babies. Good job Miss Annabelle ♥ And it definitely would be beautiful if you get to keep them all, many kittens still have an awesome bond with their moms for life if they are allowed to stay in the same household 🤗