Not Fitting In

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am beginning to feel like I'm not fitting in here. I feel like anything I post is wrong or taken the wrong way. Or that I perhaps go to far or not far enough I'm not sure.

I see how everyone else feels the TCS love and I just feel kinda left out of it all. Maybe it's my personality. I'm just feeling like I don't fit in once more.

Part of it may well be that I'm overcompensating for a depression that I'm trying hard to fight and in doing so the things I'm saying are not interesting, enlightening, or just plain stupid.

I just I don't know. I don't feel like I fit in here on TCS.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButterflyDream

I am beginning to feel like I'm not fitting in here. I feel like anything I post is wrong or taken the wrong way. Or that I perhaps go to far or not far enough I'm not sure.

I see how everyone else feels the TCS love and I just feel kinda left out of it all. Maybe it's my personality. I'm just feeling like I don't fit in once more.

Part of it may well be that I'm overcompensating for a depression that I'm trying hard to fight and in doing so the things I'm saying are not interesting, enlightening, or just plain stupid.

Dude. Man. I feel the same thing.

Don't worry. Maybe we can start a "not fitting in" club.

I think you are alright.

catz_rule

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
you still fit in!! everyone just feels like that sometimes! I know I do

ooh! could I join?

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feel the same way sometimes... but then again I have a sense of humor that some people don't understand or like... I have learned to just let it go. I always say what's on my mind and hope it helps someone and if it doesn't them I don't take it personally... give it time...

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I come to this forum to talk about cats in the first place
Cats will always be my #1 priority.
People can be darned (naughty face inserted)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's sort of why I prefer the companionship of my kitties at times. They love you no matter what you say or do and they never betray you like people do.

((Not discounting my kids or my husband here, they are perhaps the only human beings in my entire life that have not crushed my heart into bits))

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ButterflyDream

I feel the exact same way.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Don't take IMO as a true representation of TCS. That's the place where we go when we are looking for a debate, although it's still nicer in there than on a lot of other forums in general. That's not the real heart of TCS. If you don't feel like you fit in here, spend time in the Lounge and just get to know other people and let them get to know you. Or help out with advice in any of the feline forums. Or just offer moral support to those who need it in any of the forums. This really is one of the most accepting and friendly places anywhere on the 'net.

shengmei

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the internet. You can fit in by becoming one of the misfits.

Actually the IMO forum is the friendlist I have seen so far.......

babygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I kind of feel left out too. I used to be on a lot, but I've been away for year now. Some of the people that were on when I was here are no longer posting, and I don't know the new members....so I kind feel like I have to fit in again.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it's easy to feel like we dont fit in because we are still fairly new and other people know eachother by name and such, but we just have to give it time and let others get to know us and it will come.

I honestly look for threads and stuff posted by you because I feel that I can relate to you and I think you are fitting in just fine Rachele.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Actually you remind me of my best friend from high school, Butterfly Dream, and I almost pm'd you to ask if it was her until you said more about your personal life. Her and I have very different political views sometimes too

That is what I love about it here, even if we all were actually fighting (which rarely happens if ever) all you'd have to do is throw a picture of a kitten in the middle and everyone would be all "Awwwwwwwwww!" and forget what any disagreement was about.

(Posting in IMO is pretty much an invitation to be disagreed with... that's why I like it, mostly everyone I talk to in real life agrees with me so it's nice to have a conversation with the other side too-- if that's where you get the feeling from)

Feel better. I know I get really paranoid that everyone hates me in general every now and then when I feel sad. (Maybe also a PTSD thing. I have that too.)

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

Don't take IMO as a true representation of TCS. That's the place where we go when we are looking for a debate, although it's still nicer in there than on a lot of other forums in general. That's not the real heart of TCS. If you don't feel like you fit in here, spend time in the Lounge and just get to know other people and let them get to know you. Or help out with advice in any of the feline forums. Or just offer moral support to those who need it in any of the forums. This really is one of the most accepting and friendly places anywhere on the 'net.
I've got to agree - I'm a new member, so I'm only lurking in IMO, but I think it's incredibly restrained compared to some other forums that I used to be on and had to leave because so many people on them were geniunely nasty! The Lounge is really fun.

I feel bad for anyone who feels like they aren't fitting in - I think that's probably something we all feel from time to time - please give us a chance! I haven't even been here two weeks, and I'd already be sad if you guys left.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Feel better. I know I get really paranoid that everyone hates me in general every now and then when I feel sad. (Maybe also a PTSD thing. I have that too.)
You gotta love PTSD.

Anytime around anyone who is mad for any reason, I'm kinda scared that I'm going to get hit. Nice huh?

It seems like there is a big group of people here with PTSD or similar. It makes sense that we're going to get weird once in a while. Maybe we should petition of an unofficial name change TheCat(andoccasionallyreallyfreakedoutpeople)Site.com

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We should all get together for fireworks next year and watch each other bounce around like Mexican jumping beans every time one goes off!
(You guys do that too right?)

And I like the name change. Although perhaps we just act like cats. People often say that to me, that I'm jumpy like a cat, or act like a cat in general. Maybe that's why I like them so much, because they also freak out at loud noises and strangers.

satai

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

We should all get together for fireworks next year and watch each other bounce around like Mexican jumping beans every time one goes off!
(You guys do that too right?)
Yeah, we could also have a valium pyjama party.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

butterflydream

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That brought a slight smile to my face, okay so my husband even noticed my blahsay mood tonight when we went outside for a cigarette (yes and I know it's a bad habit and I should know better working in the RT field for 7 years). He asked me what was going on? I think it's partly the weather, partly the stress of adjusting to a new place and living with other people (another reason why I don't feel like I fit--it's not just TCS--I think it's also the combined living situation).

Whew...I had to go upstairs with hubby to take the wheels off my son's bed...who ever thought that wheels on a crib was a good idea.

I just...you know at times just conversating with normal people is hard, much less people online. (though I find online socialization easier.