Newborn kitten of 8 days old having pimples on head?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The numbers looks difficult, but I see you are measuring thrice a day...  And the overalll tendency is raising, but a little slowly.
the 36-45 means probably 3,6 - 4,5 a day raise...

7,54 x 7,54 means probably you are giving her 7,5 ml, 7 times a day... giving about 56 ml a day...

214 g / 30g=Oz, gives, 7 ounces, x8, so the demand is 56ml milk a day, the same number you got.
But she manage to take less.   And this explain why she is increasing very slowly...   Too slowly, really.

Yes, good question how to give more, when she dont manage to take more andhas even extended belly...

Gases, because of eating habits, and or burping?  As Catwoman thought?

How was it, did you managed to get raw goat milk?   This could help.

A memory arises.  Once for at least  20 years ago,  I heard about something against gases in the stomach... Some tried to use it on human babies, to stop colic...  WHAT could it have been?
GRIPE WATER.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
GRIPE WATER.
Observe, if an orphan is much bloated, gas-filled, bloated, have colic, simethicone (google on it) may help.  1-2 drop in the bottle.

Wikipedia has a lots of brand-names used in different countries in their article on Simethicone.   Simethicone is normally sold OTC on the pharmacia for colic human babies, so no prescription needed.

Several days ago, our friendly forumist Catapault send me a link about using goat milk to save orphaned bat babies.  In the article they mentioned using this simeticone.  Some googling, and voilá!  THIS must have been the preparate I though on...    I consulted also  @catwoman707 , she agrees  simethicone may and should be one of our recommended remedies in such here cases.   So its now part of my list for recommended links with some extra advices.

I shall look up this Gripe water, tx Stewball for suggestion (and reminding me of this tread -  I didnt found it, forgot exactly WHERE I saw the problem).

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Guys what about water. Now that she eats solid she should drink water from bowl too no? If she doesnt shell get liquid from bottle?
Yes.    :)

If she eats wet food, not much extra water is needed, its enough there IS a bowl there, if she wants.

But if she eats dry, she needs  extra water yes.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
GRIPE WATER.
I have began to google.   Gripe water seems to be a herbal based  home remedy.   There are different recipes, both of old type, and newer ones...

In its most basic form its essentially a herbal tea on fennel and dill, which you can buy as evening tea, or even make yourself.

I shall proceed to google and think on it, but its possible I will add this Gripe water, or some basic variation, on my list.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello guys!

we are both back and reunited with our little baby.

She grew a bit, she learned litter and shes even more naughty than she was when she was small. She wont let us sleep shes climbing us all the time and wanting to sleep on our necks. Theres a little habit she picked while being at uncles - biting hands/fingers and toes. Okay I know all cats play like this, but after awhile she biting hard. How to make her stop it?

Another thing. She's a hungry beast with round big belly still. She wants to eat every 3-4 hr or so. We are giving her wet food every 6hr and in between like 3 teaspoons of briquettes in water, so theyre soft and or formula a few ml. she's at 590g now.

we would appreciate a bit of pointers of how much to let her eat, because sometimes it seems shes too spoiled to overeat.

ill post her picture shortly =)

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also i'd like to ask about her gas, we were giving her Felix wet food till a day ago. Her gas was so much and so smelly. We changed to whiskas junior a day ago. There's still a bit of gas but a bit less smelly. Could it be cause of wet food?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

also i'd like to ask about her gas, we were giving her Felix wet food till a day ago. Her gas was so much and so smelly. We changed to whiskas junior a day ago. There's still a bit of gas but a bit less smelly. Could it be cause of wet food?
Is she properly dewormed?  At least twice?  If not, its probably the reason...   Use some Pyrantel preparate.  Nemex-2 is sold OTC and is good. as one example.

Although it may be worth to try with some other brand too.   Wet food as such shold be OK.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hello guys!

She grew a bit, she learned litter and shes even more naughty than she was when she was small. She wont let us sleep shes climbing us all the time and wanting to sleep on our necks. Theres a little habit she picked while being at uncles - biting hands/fingers and toes. Okay I know all cats play like this, but after awhile she biting hard. How to make her stop it?

Another thing. She's a hungry beast with round big belly still. She wants to eat every 3-4 hr or so. We are giving her wet food every 6hr and in between like 3 teaspoons of briquettes in water, so theyre soft and or formula a few ml. she's at 590g now.

we would appreciate a bit of pointers of how much to let her eat, because sometimes it seems shes too spoiled to overeat.

I think they all do it.   On cat parents they bite the tail instead.

If it bothers you much, you shall mark its hurting you, shriek Aj, ouch, etc...   You CAN show your displeasure in other ways too...  No punishment, but so she notices its not pleasant for her play mates if she bites too hard.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

Hello guys!

Its difficult to overfeed the kittens, they do grow, and they play and move a lot...  So they do eats surprisingly much!

If you can get raw goat milk, it would be excellent, and possibly, help against the gas too...  Bottled goat milk is much OK supplement food for all cats and humans, but its not the same excellent miracle food...  

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As Stefan said, they need almost unlimited access to food at this age while growing so fast.

The gas should become less as she becomes more accustomed to her wet food. Once she is wormed it will help greatly.

As far as the biting, she is probably teething, but do not allow her to bite. It is best for her to learn quickly that biting is a no-no.

Welcome back! Hope your exams went well! :)

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The way I have found that helps teach the kittens just how much to bite and claw is that when they bite my fingers gently I allow it but when they bite harder I have tapped very gently on their nose until they quit biting hard. I have also used tapping their paws when they claw my legs. I have found that if they start climbing your legs pick them up by the scuff of the neck like you would carry the kitten and put them off your leg with a little reprimand. Also the sooner you can get these habits stopped the better. as they get in the habit and it is hard to break. I also look at the fact did they do it on purpose or by accident? IE the kitten jumps on your leg that is on purpose. The kitten rolls off the couch and catchs your leg in the process to stop falling is on accident and should not be reprimanded.

Remember kittens are like kids or people when you tell them NO and don't do it everytime until they quit they will not quit. If the first reprimand does not work you have to increase the punishment.

Great news your return and I also hope your exams went well.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
theres one more thing. she doesnt want to drink from bowl, cow milk or water. so thats why we are giving her formula in bottle still. any idea how to make her drink?

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She should NOT have cow's milk. Cats cannot digest lactose and so cow's milk will give them diarrhea. Try giving her a dish of formula to drink. She will recognize the taste and smell and it's good for her. But weaning is a process, and you can slowly decrease the number of bottles she gets over time.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
alright @sarthur2 shes not drinking cows anyway and she doesnt drink from bowl if we put formula too. what to do?

she ate a bit solid food already tho like soft chicken sausage and cheese. it shouldnt be harmful right?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Just keep trying but no need to rush her. She's young yet. She will figure it out with time! :)

Soft food is okay. Make sure it's not too rich or she may get diarrhea. :)

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
okay, thanks a lot. Ill report how she progreses. She's a little beast. Running around, wanting to bite cables, chasing toes... =)