Newborn kitten of 8 days old having pimples on head?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
shes thanking you guys :)) shes doing all okay now. we changed to whiskas and she has less gas, but her poop is so soft and like black. Is this normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You changed to Whiskas what? Cat milk? If so, that is treat milk for adult cats. Her poop should not be black. Probably due to something she ate. What exactly do you have her on?

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
WHiskas wet food. hm she ate a bit of chicken sausage and a bit of soft chicken meat and cheese, should we just stick to wet food instead? cuz shes becoming so crazy when we eat she wants a bite of that what we eat too

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
but her poop was black already before that a few days ago after we took her from uncle

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Black poop is never normal in a cat, especially black, tarry poop. It can indicate blood from the gastrointestinal tract, or too much iron in the system, dehydration, worms, or an infection. Since her stools have been black for several days, you should take a stool sample to the vet right away.

As far as her wanting to try what you eat, you have to decide whether you wish to discourage this habit or not. I suggest that you do, or you will forever be hounded at meal times, and have to resort to putting her in a room so you can eat in peace. Also, much of what we eat is not suitable for cats and may upset their tummies.

Last edited:

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
we were st vet today and he was saying its normal that this vet food can make black poop and he gave us some royal canin like quality briquettes and said give her that without wet food. I dont know, he was just assistnat of this vet. I still think her poop shouldnt be black and we should go back, right? i mean shes playful and eats normal so it cant be something very dangerous, or?

today after she ate a bit of egg and cheese we noticed a rash like stuff above her eye. I dont know if it happened after she ate it or before. We said it to vet too and he said just look her if it happens at other places bring her back. he said food allergy usually happens at belly showing skin signs so it cant be, but he said it could be "mushrooms" like this stuff we people get at feet, like fungus, is it possible and is it very bad?
 i mean i need your opinion on how much we should worry about this all and i wonder where is @catwoman707 too, i didnt see her posting here lately? If you're reading this id like your opinion too, please =)

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suggest that you keep her on kitten chow and wet cat food and formula in a dish for now. I would not give her table food at all, and that will rule out that variable immediately. She is only a few weeks old and needs wet food and formula to grow on.

If her stools continue to be black, I am suggesting again that you take a stool sample to the vet so they can examine it to see what may or may not be there. I explained in an earlier post what a black stool may possibly signify.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I recall you saying that the uncle had several kittens who were a few weeks older. I am wondering if your kitten shared common food bowls and/or litter pans with them and perhaps picked up a parasite or other infection that has caused her stools to be black? It could also be the cause of her "rash" perhaps. This is why culturing and examining a stool sample might be helpful - nip whatever it is in the bud. Just a thought.

xvampire xvampire

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
the only thing i know uncles daughter said one of her kittens got fleas and she wasnt sure if she got them from Warrior. she said they got rid of them, but to watch Warrior if she has any. but i know she never had any cuz i checked always. either way, that rash happened just today. theres red and like hair was pulled out of that area. its getting better tho, but her stools were like that for past 3 days, so this rash is new.

i said that too, well watch and if its not better we go back. this vet assistant said whiskas wet food is bad and thats the cause of her black stool and gave us them other royal canin like briquettes, but just keeping her on briquettes without wet food isnt it too little food?

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
also today she got her other half of parasites pill. he said we have to finish this cure and then next week shed be vaccinated

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@xvampire  How did the uncle's daughter get rid of the fleas?  Did she treat Warrior? If so what did she use?  Some topical flea meds can cause rashes.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Your kitten needs wet food too, not just dry food. She also needs formula milk. I posted about this above. You can buy high quality wet food at pet stores if you do not continue with Whiskas.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i know guys that she needs wet food too. I know some people feed their cats only dry food - briquettes all their life. My bf's scottish fold is same and even my friends cats, but I dont think it's good to just deprive them of wet food?

No, uncle didnt treat her for fleas, his daughter treated other kitten, but i think Warrior must have catched them somehow. we went to vet and he gave this 3 drops on her neck and they died, shes fine, but her skin problem is getting more bad, shes getting more rashes. We are waiting lab result to know which kind of fungus to treat her then

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know with school and vet bills money is tight.  Is there another inexpensive wet cat food you can try.  Lots of people rotate brands and include both high and low end food to keep within a budget.  BTW I'm glad you are able to take the kitten to the vet.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yes, there is some turkish brands in quality like royal canin, well look them. But first this skin problem is my 1st concern