Newborn kitten of 8 days old having pimples on head?

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only advise about what happened to my cats as it can be deadly but in the case of my cats it just gave them sinus issues for the rest of their life. As I have the same issue I know when I have problems breathing I also check my cats.

I wonder if the tea is meant to be a compress rather than soaking the eye with the tea. I have heard of the compress more than pouring the tea in the eye.

Praying that your kitty gets better soon.

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Terramycin can be ordered in other states and countries over the internet, California (where I live) is the only place that requires a prescription for some unknown reason.

You'd want the yellow and white tube.

It's a common infection, it sounds like that vet might not be so familiar with treating young kittens?

Common yet left untreated can become a nightmare.

I think the member thought that pic is your kitten.

The inner lid will become inflammed and show like that.

If possible, maybe post a pic of her eyes here.

For burping, try holding her not on your shoulder, as she will surely be all over the place, but, assuming you're right handed, just flop her over your left hand, your palm holding her tummy, back paws on a surface so she is upright and firmly pat her back. She should stay very still while doing this, the position alone, and they seem to like the firm patting :)

It does look like the kmr formula you are using is fine. They don't list the ingredients but do say it is fully complete for kittens weaned too young.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is sticking shut and has a gooey,sticky, possibly yellow or green discharge then it is infected if not hopefully it was just a little dust or something. You could ask the Vet and see if once you get the eye cleaned up if you could use eye drops on her? Or possibly any eye lubricant as the brand name, I cannot recall now. I do hope she is putting on weight, I think the formula you're using should work well.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A quick question before i reply all.

Shes at 236grams today which amounts to 8.32 ounces meaning 8.32 x 8.32 = 69. So itss how much she has to drink daily now?
Today she drank 60ml. And her belly is really big so big like baloon.
I dont think she can take more. Shes peeing so much too.

And now shes 17 days old. She was born on 5th may approx.
So should she still be gaining 10g a day? Shes gaining slow now like 4-6 more daily. Even dropping and going back.

Last edited:

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The white part on the right eye is the third eye lid. The Left eye appears blind in this picture.
How do you figure anout blindness?
Yes the tea im tapping on her eye and wiping thru. It seems its better. Still when she wakes its sticked together and has crust but i think its improving. Theres no goey something or any liquid coming from the eye, so maybe its not infection after all or its mild?

@catwoman707 this tea seems to be helping a bit. But its too early to say. As i said maybe vet didnt think its infected because theres no liquid or anyhing. Eye looks fine just it stays glued for a bit with crust when she wakes tho she can still open it like after a min even if we dont clean

About burping youre asking me for mission impossible. If i just shown you video of this wild baby youd see shes not calm even 1 sec :D
And her claws started to grow. My hand is already all scrathed. The lefty which i hold her with. Im right handed.

@nansiludie no. Theres no discharge. Like i said up. Just crust and she opens it after she wakes like after a min
About weight i just mentioned up and i posted how shes gaining. Tho im not sure if she still has to gain 10g daily?

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A quick question before i reply all.

Shes at 236grams today which amounts to 8.32 ounces meaning 8.32 x 8.32 = 69. So itss how much she has to drink daily now?
Today she drank 60ml. And her belly is really big so big like baloon.
I dont think she can take more. Shes peeing so much too.

And now shes 17 days old. She was born on 5th may approx.
So should she still be gaining 10g a day? Shes gaining slow now like 4-6 more daily. Even dropping and going back.
Nay, the maths are a little easier, 8.32 ounces x8   what it will be. about 66?    60 is OK I presume, but be aware its in the lower segment of what she shall have.

If she started as small born, her expected daily raise will be somewhat slower than these 10g a day... 6-8 perhaps.

I see  she gets up now 4-6 a day, its thus some improvement to earlier, but - not really enough...   

Yes, its apparently a fight...  Use every additional trick you manage to think out.   I mean, advice by all means, but quite often its the caretaker herself who discovers nice, working solutions...   I have seen this many times.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ill try to get a picture of eye. Tho it looks normal. And if i can get her to not move

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How do you figure anout blindness?
Yes the tea im tapping on her eye and wiping thru. It seems its better. Still when she wakes its sticked together and has crust but i think its improving. Theres no goey something or any liquid coming from the eye, so maybe its not infection after all or its mild?

@catwoman707 this tea seems to be helping a bit. But its too early to say. As i said maybe vet didnt think its infected because theres no liquid or anyhing. Eye looks fine just ot stays glued for a bit with crust when she wakes tho she cab still open it like after a min even if we dont clean

About burping youre asking me for missi9n impossible. If i just shown you viseo if this wild baby youd see shes not calm even 1 sec

And her claws started to grow. My hand is already all scrathed. The lefty which i hold her with. Im right handed.

@nansiludie no. Theres no discharge. Like i said up. Just crust and she opens it after she wakes like after a min
About weight i just mentioned up and i posted how shes gaining. Tho im not sure if she still has to gain 10g daily?
If necessary, wrap her up in in a soft towel like a burrito.   This trick is used in many situations.  Immobilized this way they tend to cease resistance.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She was getting 8-10daily every day before just last 3 or 4 days its a bit slow. Well today is 1st time she drank 60ml. So if she drinks like that daily now itll be good right

She wasnt so small when she was born but then again she wasnt big too. Average

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@Stefanz she climbs everything its impossible to keep her in towel even. I was thinking to make youtube channel for her. This way i could show you video how wild she is

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The burrito wrapping is done for wilder kitties, I use this for taming feral kittens too, what you would be doing is putting a towel on her like a cape, but higher to cover her head too a bit, wrap her neck snugly first, then on her body, snugly too, then it will look like a cigar until you fold the top by her head down so she has her head sticking out only. No loose arms to fight you with at all, only her head is out.

This is a burrito wrap :)

Luckily her eye infection sounds mild at least, so maybe the tea will be enough, I really don't know about that one, but let's wait and see.

60 mls is fine, as long as it is very close to the amt she needs she should be gaining the right amt of weight as well.

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The way i was thinking the left eye is blind as I cannot see a pupil. Most of my experience with blindness in people and animals is that if you cannot see the pupil it could be blind. the only way to know is if the kitten keeps running into things. I have known some animals to be terrified when they cannot see. Hoping that the eye is just needing to be clear. Prayers for your little one.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@catwoman707 yes. I think i might try this wrap as my hands burn already from so much scratching

@kstonya i didnt know that about blindness. However our cat is this orange baby. That black cat is from google images =)

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@catwoman707 about terramycin we found just blue and white one for humans here in Turkey. What do we do if we cant find yellow one for animal use only. Can we use that one thats for humans?

Last edited:

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes you sure can! It will work just fine, it is just a bit less potent is all.

Perfect!

OH! Do yourself a favor, and rather than apply it right out of the tube, sqeeze a small amt on your palm or somewhere else then cap fast or you will loose alot, it keeps coming out.

Also you will not contaminate the entire tube and can use again and again if ever needed.

When she wakes up with a stuck shut eye, simply swipe a small amount across her eye to soften the crud, she will open her eye soon after that and then put more right in her eye.

She does have a mild infection but the terramycin will take care of that.

Twice a day for several days, 2 full days AFTER her eye looks all better to be sure you get all of the bacteria, otherwise it will start to come back again.

She is a darling little calico :)

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ah
Re the big bottles of goat milk, on 2 liters...

you can freeze down it.  Immediately after opening the big bottle, you  distribute that milk in plastic bags, 1 for each day...20 perhaps?   And freeze them.

Afterwards, you open one plastic bag for every day...  This way, you never need to spare oven 23 hours an already opened bag.

If there is some leftover, you can use it in coffe or tea, like the english do.   Or use it in baking - especielly if the milk begins to be a little too old, you can still  use it in baking or in pancakes.

xvampire

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@catwoman707

alrighty. well try to get terramycin and try to spread. just today tho you could see its infected, cause when she woke she had clearly light greeinsh liquid under that eye on eyelid. thank you again for advising. ill report how it goes. so shes a calico then, how do you figure? i thought tortoiseshell all along because her splotches are a bit like theirs mingling.

@StefanZ thank you. its a good tip, well keep it in mind and use it if we need to. If we cant find smaller milks

and i have a question, we got this eye wash from a vet. they said she shouldnt use antibiotics, but is terramycin counted as antibiotic, as its only a cream? I mean you say you use that on newborns safely, so it must be safe then, no?

however, I'll post a picture of it and you'll tell me if i should change or use this? because really, i dont think an eye washer will help to infection. im posting ingredients from package too. so any ideas why this vets are so determined on non antibiotics use?

Last edited:

kstonya

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It was brought to my attention that the picture was not the kitten in question. If you look at the eyes you can see a distinct pupil. In humans it is round in cats it is more oval.