New to Cats, trying to save a life

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Does sound like all is going well - best wishes to you all that it continues getting better and better. What a lucky guy your little man is.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

dan10101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Another update:

So far so good. I so miss my baby. Held him for a while tonight. He was fine with that. I think he misses me too.

Mushy stuff aside, he seems to be coping with the Mama cat well. We think she's about 14-18 years old and apparently very wise.

An example was my feisty little guy saw her heading for the food bowl and decided to plop down right in her path. He laid there watching her walk towards him. Neither one was getting excited. Mama went the long way around and arrived at the food bowl with no encounter whatsoever. on her way back to the couch, she went the short cut right by the little monster and still no encounter. They both use the same food bowl (and litter box from time to time) with no issues. They still hiss at each other from time to time, but nothing more.

My BIL and I built up the cat tree I made so it was tall enough to see out the window. Sassy now has a new favorite spot. Even if they never get to be buddy's, the kitten seems to have made everyone's life just a bit more interesting, which is good in this case. And for me this is the best since I'm over there at least 2 times each week.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Glad to hear it's working out so well - to me, if mama cat is getting used to this new little upstart so quickly, that's an excellent sign. My two still hiss at each other from time to time, and they're close to the same age and adopted around the same time. I think your little Sassy is still working his magic.

dan10101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well another month has gone by. So far no major altercations between the 2 cats. Minor tiffs end up with Sassy running and hiding. The line has been drawn, and Mama is the boss. He gets his licks in to a point and then she says that's it! For the time being, he's staying with the brother in law. If something changes in that household, we may move him to by Son's house, but things are going well and he provides some interesting interaction to an otherwise unexciting home.

For those of you looking for a worthy cause to help Haiti. Some friends of mine have built an orphanage and schools in Les Cayes. They are finding that many orphaned children are showing up at their doorsteps. You can find out more information at:
http://rennwish.org/
This is the real thing. 100% of all donations go to help the children in Haiti.

Thanks so much for helping my little orphan and maybe even some others.
Dan

dan10101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for asking. Sassy, Tiger, and now known as "kitten" is doing quite well with my brother in law. He can't remember the cats name so he just calls him Kitten since his other cat is quite old.

They tend to steer clear of each other with occasional spats which sends tiger running. He knows his place and he does quite well. He's been let out in the back patio a few time and sometimes like to explore using the roof. But so far he comes back and it hasn't been a problem.

We built him a cat tree that he hangs out and looks out the window. It's a bit high for the old cat and so it's his 'spot'. Youth outwitts old age and trechory...

Thanks again.
Dan

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was so excited to see an update - your little Tiger has really turned into a very handsome cat - you did so much for him!

merindah

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just read this entire thread even though it's mostly from last year. What a brilliant job you did Dan. I'm very sad you couldn't end up keeping the kitten and I hope you can visit him often.

dan10101

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the comments.
I do get to see them both at least a couple times a week. The old cat and I are now buddys. And they both get lots of love from my brother in law. An all around good solution.