New Member - Bengal Kitten

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow! Nitecrwlr.... I love all those pictures!!! You are such a great photographer...and have such a beautiful subject to work with!! Tiki is precious!!!!!!!

Welcome to you and to Tiki!!!!!!!
We are glad you have joined us and hope to hear (and see) alot from you!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nitecrwlr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by fireshoes
You should enter the contest at www.picture.com for a chance at winning $10,000. It's free to enter and you are definitely at the same level as the competition there.
Thanks for the link. I've had my fill of contests. I felt that it was restricting my creativity by forcing me to photograph what the judges liked instead of what I liked. This is a picture of a homeless man that lives close to where I live. It is one of my favorite photographs, yet it wouldn't get a 2nd look on a site that values rainbows over everyday life. I shoot pictures of my kitten because she is like family now, not because she is cute.

regards

nc

blue

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
...but, you'd photograph me just cause i'm 'cute' right?! right!!?!

i get you, photographing everyday people, and everyday things, realities, all that,
is much more intriguing.

but, i will always photograph animals as well, because their 'charm'
is only matched by infants, and i know no children.

debby

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I liked your picture of the homeless man. I really did. It isn't always the "beautiful" people who make the best picture...that one tells a whole story in the sadness in his face.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Nitecrwlr

I don't know if Tiki is show quality. For as much as I paid for her, she should be
!! The breeder said he was having 2nd thoughts about selling her. How do I find out if she meets show standards?(Don't think I would show her anyway.)
Do you have her registration papers from TICA? If you do, there is a little box on the right hand side that has breeder or show..... if either or are checked, Tiki is one of them! Also, if you go to tica.org there is a show standard for Bengals.... or bengalcat.com should have it. I have a copy, as well. YOu said your breeder was having 2nd thoughts, then most likely she is either show or breed quality or both!! I know that when I bought Tigger, the breeder told me I was getting a really good deal for her (I paid $500.00 for her). As a matter of fact, I emailed her recently, and I had a pick between Tigger and her sister. Which ever one I picked, the other was going to be either breeding or show quality.