TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Light a candle another baby just left for the Bridge

awliston

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At least they weren't alone in the field when they passed. They had you to tell them and show them they were loved.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Not looking good for Barley right now. Am hoping this kitten makes it through the night. First thing in the morning, the kitten goes to the vet for an x-ray to determine if there is a blockage or something else preventing stool.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers. C'mon Barley, please poo!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Poor little babes.
They are all in my prayers, both those at the bridge, and for the little yet fighting the good fight. Hang in there little one!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sad to report that all kittens have now crossed the bridge. I took Barley in this morning, they ran two x-rays. He was completely full of fluid in his chest wall, his stomach and around his heart. At 8:30 a.m. he was euthanized and is now buried next to his siblings.

People PLEASE spay and neuter your cats. If you are not a responsible and ethical breeder- spay and neuter your cats. These kittens should never have been born. They had NO chance of survival, they were congenitally deformed and all of them knew pain before they died. NO ONE animal deserves that- no one at all-

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I am sad to report that all kittens have now crossed the bridge. I took Barley in this morning, they ran two x-rays. He was completely full of fluid in his chest wall, his stomach and around his heart. At 8:30 a.m. he was euthanized and is now buried next to his siblings.

People PLEASE spay and neuter your cats. If you are not a responsible and ethical breeder- spay and neuter your cats. These kittens should never have been born. They had NO chance of survival, they were congenitally deformed and all of them knew pain before they died. NO ONE animal deserves that- no one at all-
MA.....
I'm so sorry to hear this...........RIP little ones.

xomycatsxo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am totally balling my eyes out right now I can barely see the screen.
SO, SO, SO sad. I do want to thank you for sharing this heart wrenching story from the beginning with us. I didn't even notice if this was an old post or not but I am just devastated by the news. I honestly just have this sick feeling. I am part of a Spay/Neuter program run locally here in NH. I do everything to get this program exposure and am happy to say, since I began to participate, I've had a dozen people contact me for information on altering their cat.

Now, what you just gave me the encourage and motivation to do, more than ever, is involve myself w/ the TNR of ferals. I live in a country setting and have yet to see a stray in 2 yrs, so I was going to post in the Feral/Rescue section on ideas of what I can do. My hubby is a contractor and I was going to beg him to build an enclosure to help w/ the cats. More of that on the other board.

I just wanted to say, and I know many have, but you really touched my heart by your story. Your compassion makes others, I'm sure, want to do what they can. Thank you for sharing and I look forward to learning a great deal from you. Again, I am sorry for your loss- as you shared your story, I'm sure many felt it a loss ppersonally- as this tragedy has a great impact on so many who care and want to make a difference.

Originally Posted by hissy

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This was written right after Bermuda was euthanized.

Farewell

Goodbye to you, oh precious one-
You are released from pain.
No longer to know what is like
to lie stranded in the rain.

To weakly call out to your mom,
and wonder where she went?
Until your voice fades from your throat
Because you are so spent.

If only someone had cared enough.
To Neuter or to Spay
Then we would not be forced to have
said goodbye to you this day-

-Mary Anne Miller-

I am so very sad and angry right now-

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have the biggest lump in my throat. I'm going straight home and hug all my kits. That's beautiful MA.