New kittens in need of prayers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a bittersweet story to tell about this litter.

After keeping vigil all night with feedings and stimulations, it was clear this morning that the Manx-crosses were not faring well. This would be the gold kitty (Nugget) the tuxdo and and the black little kitten. They had great appetite but there was no elimination, and what often happens with the manx crosses is they just don't develop right at birth. It looked, upon closer inspection, that none had rectums, or holes to pee out of.

I rushed the litter to the vet and upon close examination, he declared sadly that I was right, and they had about two days tops to live. The long-tail would be okay having all the necessary equipment and proving it by peeing and pooping on the vet when the thermometer was gently inserted.

Sadly, the vet went to get the stuff, and so Jody and I held each kitten, loving and stroking them, and telling them how sorry we were their visit was so short. Suddenly Bemuda- the black one started to poop! When the vet came in we showed him what happened, and he got so excited! He went and got a smaller thermometer and he inserted it into all the kittens. As he did, the little tuxedo kitty began to poop and pee all over his hand, and he laughed and said "Pee pee glorious pee!"

Sadly, Nugget did not have a rectum or a penis. He was closed up tighter than a drum and swelling at the base of the tail at an enormous rate. At 9:30 a.m. he was injected with euthanasia and his heart stopped. Ben said had they not been found- they would have all died a very toxic and slow death.

We may still lose Barley (the tuxedo) and Bermuda (the black kitty) Alfalfa the tortie is doing well and the kittens weigh in at just under 4 ozs. each.

I thanked God for the elimination miracle on the two kittens as I kissed Nugget goodbye and told him I was sorry his life here was so short.

Please keep these little ones in your prayers- they are not out of the woods yet. But as the vet said before I left- "They deserve a chance, and if anyone can give it to them you can."

Before my smile grew, he added solemnly, "Besides, we can always euthanize them later."

But thank God three miracles are here- and Nugget is out of pain-

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Bless them
But RIP baby Nugget

The three of them are still in my thoughts and prayers
But thank goodness what the vet needed wasn't to hand!. Those minutes have been precious to those little ones

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know how you cope with this. I have no words to express my sincere admiration. I send prayers for these remaining little ones to make it.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh MaryAnne - I'm just catching this now, what a story of highs and lows. I was so happy that whoever discovered them contacted you - knowing they would have the best shot at life. Then to hear about poor Nugget - I'm so sorry for the precious little kitty. What a miracle for the others though. Sending mega happy and healthy thoughts for them
. Grow strong little kittens.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As I sit here with tears in my eyes, I send warm wishes and hugs to you for being there for these babies. I'm so sorry about nugget, but maybe God has another plan for him. We'll keep checking in to see how they are doing.

janemary

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as well.

I just wanted to say that I think you are an angel, you are the best chance those babies have at living a happy and healthy life.

I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you to let Nugget go, but you made the only decision you could.

I just wanted to wish you and the kitties all the love and luck in the world and to thank you for doing what you do and inspiring others to be as caring and compassionate as you are.

leesali

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What an emotional rollercoaster you must be on!! Unfortunately, I've been on that ride too; very draining.

God bless you for taking these newborns in and showing them human kindness & love. Sorry to hear about little Nugget and sending good vibes to the remaining babies.

consumerkitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sending vibes and saying prayers for these little babies. I'm sorry Nugget had to cross the Bridge, but he won't have to suffer now. Mary Anne, words can't express how much I admire you for saving so many lives and having the strength to go on when one of them doesn't make it.

snosrap5

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my I'm sitting here at work bawling my eyes out! I REALLY don't know how you do it. Your heart has got to be HUGE. God Bless you!
I will be praying for your furbabies!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is a gift that God has given me, if I don't use it, then why did He give it to me in the first place? That is how I look at it. All of us are gifted in various areas, this just happens to be one of mine. I cry for them when they leave, but I understand that my home is sometimes a transit station and I am here to guide others into a better world-