New kittens in need of prayers

xomycatsxo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hissy,

I don't know how you do it. I know so many have told you this but you truly made a difference in other's lives who want to help ferals the way you do. Everything happens for a reason and for me, I happened to come across this site, then joined and then came across this post. Because of your big heart and doing the rescue work you do, it gave me the hope to make a difference. I know this may not mean much right now but I guarantee I'm not the only one who this story made an impression. Hearing such tragedies like this makes me (and the alike) fight even more to stop these things from happening. We may not be able to ever eliminate it totally, but we can play a part and make a difference. You are definitely playing your part and again, your big heart is touching other's.. so thank you.

I know you don't know me, but someone in NH is thinking of you and wanting to give you and those kitties big hugs. Because of you, they also knew compassion and human kindness, for the short time they were alive. It's so sad, I know and nothing is going to take from it, except saving more and more cats- knowing you're doing what you can to stop this.

I'll be thinking of you. =(

Originally Posted by hissy

This was written right after Bermuda was euthanized.

Farewell

Goodbye to you, oh precious one-
You are released from pain.
No longer to know what is like
to lie stranded in the rain.

To weakly call out to your mom,
and wonder where she went?
Until your voice fades from your throat
Because you are so spent.

If only someone had cared enough.
To Neuter or to Spay
Then we would not be forced to have
said goodbye to you this day-

-Mary Anne Miller-

I am so very sad and angry right now-

xomycatsxo

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also, I think what may help you is to just spend a little time w/ your cats and give them extra hugs and kisses. It's amazing what kind of therapy one can get from their cats. I know on days I am feeling down (and even right now from this story)- I go to them to feel at peace. I thank God their fate is in my hands, and they are safe from any harm, and loved unconditionally, just as they love me unconditionally.

Hugs,
Teshia

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CyberKitten

So very sorry to hear about the babies - I will think good thoughts for Barley!! Hope the vet can help him too!
Barley is gone G- euthanized this morning- the entire litter has gone to the bridge

amandaofcols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my. I have gone through this entire thread with the greatest of hope that the babies would make it. I am terribly upset now, crying like a school girl!! It really does show just how important it is to spay/nueter your furkids!! Bless you MA for all you do, both for the kitties and for the people on this board!!

cyberkitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear news of Barley - and his dear sweet little siblings! At least they had excellent care for a short while and knew they were loved in their all too short life. I realize it's not much of a consolation. It must be so heartbreaking for you MA - I see children die almost every week but it never gets any easier!! Takecare of yourself too!!

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness, I am just now catching this thread. My heart goes out to the litter. Poor little things

Originally Posted by hissy

...all of them knew pain before they died.
This is true, but they also got to feel love before they died, too. It was a blessing that you took care of them before they left for the bridge. They died more peacefully with you than they would have in that cold, lonely field.

God bless you, Mary Anne.

sunnicat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry that the kits didn't make it, MA. You worked so hard with them, they will remember you over the bridge.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
RIP little babies. Now, you can run and play at the RB, and are free from the bodies that held you back in this life. Bless you, MA, for all that you do.
Hugs and headbutts from Oliver and Emma.

doc-n-samsmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Applause to you MA, for your willingness to do anything to help those little guys. So upsetting that they passed, but because of you, they went peacefully and with dignity. Good Work Girl!

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne you are true evidence that there really can be angels on earth.

I hope that you take comfort from your pain in the fact that though these little babies crossed the bridge, they knew more than pain before they died, they knew LOVE before they died. And you were the one who gave them that gift. Just as you have given it to countless helpless creatures who were blessed to know true comfort and love before they went to rest.

God bless you.

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cobber, a part of what we do is having to deal with awful, tragic outcomes such as these. These little ones knew warmth, love, a strong heartbeat and caring while they were with you. That's the most important thing.

Rest in Peace little ones.