New Here... My cat isn't eating or drinking

augie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
first of all let me say i hope your kitty gets well. i once had a cat that suddenly had diarrhea and vomiting. the vet did xrays and nothing showed. he finally had to do surgery and turns out the cat had swallowed cellophane which doesn't show up on an xray. the cat recovered and al was well.

second, let me say that i would never had married someone who did not feel the same way i did about pets, especially if i already had one before we got married - big red flag. people (men especially) who don't like cats usually have a controlling personality. not the type of person i'd want to be married to. what if the guy had a dog and you didn't like dogs. do you really think he'd get rid of it for you? no! he'd tell you to learn to like it and he would most likely do whatever it took if the dog got sick. do you have any say in your marriage or does your husband run the whole show? there's some place in your budget that you can cut back for whatever time it takes to get your cat well.

third, pets are not disposable and i will never understand people who take on the responsibility only as long as all goes well and they don't cost them too much money. a person should only have as many pets as they can afford to take care of - just like having kids.

i'm sorry if this sounds harsh but i really get irritated. i've done pet adoptions and i've heard every excuse in the book for surrendering a pet.

best of luck. i hope you make the right decisions.

krst

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That makes my day!  Cats are complicating b/c they cant tell u what is wrong u have to figure it out.  BUT yes, let them prowl around house at night I think eventually they will sleep with you or sound somewhere in the house.  Enjoy them while you can b/c their lifespan is short.  Peep w/babies are up all night. If that helps ur mind. 

tbone1

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I myself said the same thing, 'go to another vet, another misdiagnosis, more money, nothing new or improved'?

I finally talked myself into going to a new vet and am thankful I did. A cat clinic, one that only sees cats.

If a vet is so positive of their diagnosis, urging you to continue medication with no change to your pet, you know it is time to see a new Vet.

lilys mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am getting this thread in my email and I nearly responded but I then noticed that the posts were from September 2012!!!   Why do we get threads that are a year old?  Is there a way to stop this?

skitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just want to give you some hope.
My cat had liver failure and after spending $1,100 in emergency medical care the vet and I had to come to the conclusion that I take him home, keep giving him antibiotics and force feed him and hope for a miracle. He couldn't walk to the litter box or water bowl even. I basically took him home to die and about the third day home he perked up and all of a sudden the sheriff was back in town. All we could conclude was he had an infection somewhere. That was four years ago.

At any rate, there is always hope - keep doing what your doing especially loving him.

Sending lots of good kitty vibes your way.

skitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just read the last post. Ha from 2012. That's weird. Sorry to bring up an old thread! It looks like it had a happy end. :)