Need help. Missing Kitten =(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I sware you guys are the only one's who don't think I'm nuts by now! I turned down the womans street and just as I got near her house my headlights cought little eyes in road.. it stopped and looked at me, all I could see were the eyes and then it darted into the lawn across the street! i know it was a kitty for sure but it was too dark to tell if it was her! But it was coming out of her yard and the car scared her so she ran. I sat out there crouched down to eye level, with food in hand calling and calling then sitting and listening- nothing!!! How can I be so close! =( Anyway, so I left dry cat food in the cat carrier in her bowl. I brought her bed that she always laid ni and put a bunch of cat nip in it. The woman said her husband, who saw her, heard her crying at the door!! That breaks my heart. She is a very very vocal kitty so this would go with her personality. She's crying because she's hungry.. ohh! So he went in the house to get food to try to lure her and she was running away when he got back. God i hope she keeps coming back there and I hope she doesn't mind me coming to fill up the food each day. I dno't think raccoons like cat food because we have tons of racoons in my yard and i haven't cought even one going near my kitty buffet.
I did catch the one in my trap though, hrm. Anyway!

It kills me that I can't set up my trap on her poarch, I would feel so much better but at least she's helping me. Thank God she's a stay at home mom so I know she's home during the day and it's supposed to be nice tomorrow.

It took everything in me to walk away from her house and get back in my car and leave.

Thank you guys for caring so much and for all of your hope, prayer and wishes. It means so much!

caterpillar

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Charmed Cats, our Mooie hasn't left the porch!
Since he returned from being missing for five weeks (I'd like to know where he spent those FIVE weeks!), he's been hanging around the yard and the porch. He's eating and drinking normally, in fact, he ate like a pig when he returned, but he appears to be in the same state of mind as your Samuel Cat.

Two days ago I saw Mooie being chased by our shed cat (a feral I've been feeding that lives under the back shed) towards the front of our house. Apparently, Mooie was nosing around in the back yard and entered shed cat's domain while shed cat was there.

Mooie also brought back a buddy, an adorable white with grey/brown patches cat that must have followed him home. This cat was eating shed cat's food when shed cat returned, prompting shed cat into fight mode, and chasing the new white cat visitor about fifteen feet up a tree... The poor white cat just stayed up the tree while shed cat finished off his dinner, then safely climbed down the tree, and slipped out of the yard.

Geesh, these cats are so territorial! Maybe Mooie insists on defending his territory; the porch and the back of the house!

Since I started putting food out hoping for Mysty to return, I continue to put out food, even if it's just a bowl of dry, but the food is prompting squabbles.
Why can't cats just get along??!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Too bad you can't camp out in your car for a night-

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know. If I didn't have to work tomorrow morning I would, trust me. I was all excited about the weekend coming so I'd have the time to do whatever needs to be done, but of course, our whether forcast is torrential rains for the next 4 days (tomorrow was supposed to be nice but a little drizzle, the rest of the weekend a wash). Kitties supposidly stay under shelter and not mobile during those times so hopefully she'll stay under that ladies' poarch. All i can do is refill the food and put flyers all down that street tomorrow.

I still keep putting food outside.. i feel terrible about that kitty I trapped last night still.. I hope I didn't scare him away from my food (i don't have the trap open right now).. so I hope he comes to eat still and didnt' get too freaked out. If someone else is missing him, I can trap himin the future.

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hehe Charmed Cats- your kittty is so cute, looks just like an old kitty I used to have! it looks like he lounging in your house quite nicely!! =) He looks very loved.

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh Kt, I feel so horrible for you! Gosh, what if that kitty was yours!!! It sounds like you're getting so close to finding her!!! I'll continue to pray for you and your kitty!!!

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you lacey! Ok, so I came home to a message from Tina (the one who's seeing the kitty), she says "i was hoping you'd be home, i have your cat in my arms, trying to get her into the kitty carrier but she's scratching the hell out of me. I was hoping you could come over and help. I'm going to keep trying but my kids are in the car and I have to leave. I dont' want to put her in the house because no one willb e home so ll keep trying and let you know".

I seriously don't know how much more of this I can handle. The ups and downs are so terrible and I don't even know if this is all jsut false hope or what. I have no idea. I'm so pissed that that woman didn't jsut put her in her house. In the bathroom or something, anything. Get her in the friggen house! (sorry, but I'm getting so frustrated with this). She had her in her arms!!!

I called her back immediately but no answer. I left her a voicemail telling her to put her in the bathroom or a closed room and I will come over immediately, if she see's her again.

I went over there anway with a big bag of food for her and more catnip. She wasnt' there but the husband was and he let me come in. He told me that she seems to be showing up around 5 each day so if I wanted to come by tomorrow at 5 I could. It is supposed to be a torrential downpour storm tomorrow. Great.

He seemed willing to bring her in the house though. They even have a large cardboard box he said maybe he could put her in there.. i said "go ahead! tape it up! I dont' care, I jsut want to come and see if it's her. If it is I can handle her."

The good news is that Tina said that she has no problem coming to her and she showed her where the food was so I am praying (quite literally) that she will stay there at her house.

I missed her call by seriously a half an hour. It's killing me. I'm almost scared to get that call "i have her in the house"- the whole ride there, preparing myself that it's not her.. but it might be, but what if it's not.... that part, will be the worste.

I'll keep updating. I hope to see any "found kitty" post on the board very very soon!!

ps. My kitty's name is Tek,but we always call her "kitty" or "doodle' that's what she responds to.

She's named after Jason Varitek, catcher for the Red Sox, so she better be home by opening day!!! (April 3rd!) She was my good luck charm last year since I got her in October just as the playoffs were starting.. and we all know what happened next! =)

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
oh my gosh!!! Blasted woman! If she didn't want the kitty in her house, then why not the garage or something!?!?! HOW COULD SHE BE THAT CLOSE AND JUST LET HER GO? That frustrates me, so I can only imagine how much you are frustrated!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!

So close!!!

Such a good sign, though! But, I just PRAY that you all can catch her before she wonders too far away or gets near a road or something.

Geez, this makes me feel sick to my stomach!!!

By the way, this lady has a pic (or a mental picture) of what Tek looks like, right? I just hope she isn't getting your hopes up and has a different cat.

Oh, God, please let them catch Tek!!! And NEXT TIME, please knock some sense into the lady and guide her to put the kitty in the house or bathroom or garage or something...and not just let her go!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kteegirl24

.....She's named after Jason Varitek, catcher for the Red Sox, so she better be home by opening day!!! (April 3rd!) She was my good luck charm last year since I got her in October just as the playoffs were starting.. and we all know what happened next! =)
That is so very cute!! I wish we had a respectable team.... I could've chosen something for Saba
. KT honestly, my heart goes out to you. You just have to keep calm and focused, don't move too fast or too slow....it's truly agonizing, I do know. After my beloved SiSi disappeared, I got a call from a lady across the way saying a petiteTortie was in her backyard all the time.....I didn't ask one question, I just got on my bike and rode over....and I waited 3 hrs in the rain to see.....but it wasn't her. I went home and was inconsolable. BUT! This might be very different......and I am still praying.

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
trust me I know! I dont' know why she didnt' call my cell phone. She's a nice lady but I don't think she understands the urgency. They dont' have pets.

In her arms and she just let her go. THe husband was liek "where does she go at night? Under the deck?" lol- they have no clue. I really want to talk to Tina but we always play voicemail phone tag. I gave the husband my cell phone number too to call me at anytime.

They have to hear the desperation in my voice. Their little boy was *very* interested and concerned. He kept saying "so it's YOUR kitty that's lost? The one that is here is your Kitty??"- so that's good.

Yes, it's funny- when I got the original call from the lady the next street down that she saw her in her yard, I went and posted some posters around that neighborhood. There's a couple streets around there. I apparently, put one right on Tina's street. That's why she called. She said she looks like the cat on the poster. Then she said "she's kind of small right??"

she IS small! I used to tease how she was getting a little fatty belly, cause her head was still kitten small, and her legs and butt still kitten small,but her belly was long and getting round =). After almost 3 weeks out now, I bet she has no belly.. so I'm glad she got a little fat =(.

I even asked her 'you saw the poster right?" she said "yeah" I said "and she looks like the cat on the poster"? She said "yes. I'm just new to the area so I didn't even put two and two together, I didn't know if it was one of my neighbors cats".

Her deck and door resemble mine.. so I think she feels comfortable there. I just want her in the house. I share your frustration.They had two sheds, a basement, a bathroom- geez, she's not a wild animal, although someone who doesn't have pets and has two small children probably feels that way. Ugg!!

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know huh! It seems like the cat people's houses, she leaves, and the non cats, she stays. Go figure!

Elizabeth, that's heart wrenching, waiting in the rain for three hours but I know how you feel. The dissapointment is unbearable. It's cruel the drama these little things cause! Their little feets and little ears =) I want them all to just come home.

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Oh, what mixed emotions *I* have, so I can only imagine how YOU must feel! You seem to be SOOOO close! Don't be too hard on the woman... she seems to be trying to help and some people just don't think on their feet, especially if they have no experience with pets. The bathroom or her garage probably just never occurred to her while she was holding a kitty she didn't know who was squirming and scratching.

I am sending you all the positive vibes I can spare! I keep waiting for your post - "I GOT MY DOODLE BACK!"

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amy-DHH said:
........... Don't be too hard on the woman... she seems to be trying to help and some people just don't think on their feet, especially if they have no experience with pets. The bathroom or her garage probably just never occurred to her while she was holding a kitty she didn't know who was squirming and scratching.
QUOTE]
Amy-DHH said:

Very good point! We need to remind ourselves how the other side thinks....

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You don't understand how fortunate you are. Some people's cats vanish and are never seen again. At least, here you have a chance, if that really is Tek. You know where the cat is being seen, though she won't be coming up to the woman any time soon since she scared her so bad. I would be thanking this woman for helping you, especially since it is clear she does not know about cats. There have been times when members have contacted me saying their neighbors tell them to go take a hike when asked to help locate a lost cat. You still have a chance because this woman is working with you. I personally would send her a bouquet of flowers- perhaps she will try harder next time-

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I haven't been ungracious to her by any means, nor have I shown her any frustration whatsoever. I just vented here. All I have done is thank her every chance I get. I am already going to give her some reward money for trying as hard as she is. Even if I don't get my kitty home. If it's not her, than I will be one of those people who's kitties leave and never are seen again (and I have been one of those people in the past.. I have a cat that left 3 years ago and never came home), so trust me I do understand that thus far I am very fortunate to have at least a chance.

I will keep updating. Thanks again for everyone's input!

kteegirl24

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
welp. I'm at square one again. Tina finally caught that kitty and I drove over there and it wasn't her. I have such mixed feelings. I am glad that she is not that far away, but now I'm depressed that the sightings weren't her. There was that one that was a half mile from my house 5 days after she left, but who knows if that was her. Most likely not since no one else has called from around my neighborhood.

I don't know, today is now 3 weeks since I last saw her and I just feel like something terrible must have happened to her that night she went out and didn't come back. I feel like the buffet and the videos and the trapping is all in vane (accept it makesme happy that hungry kittys out there are eating it). If she were in my neighborhood, wouldn't I have seen her on video by now at least? Wouldn't she have found her way to it like those other two kittys did? She knows my yard and was comfortable outside,since she had experience outside I don't think she'd be in hide mode. I just don't know.

So I'm back to square one now. Missing for three weeks with no idea where to look. Has anyone not gotten any sightings or video of their cats for this long and then it started coming around?

I'm terribly upset today.
=(..........

laceydf

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am terribly sorry to hear that it was not your kitty...

Don't give up hope, though! Even more prayers are headed your way from mine.