Need advice - feral mom and kittens

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Guess my big concern, other than being sure Elliot's healthy, of course, is whether or not I've given it enough time to find his owner if, in fact, he was lost. Honestly, the fact that he hasn't been neutered makes me question whether it was a responsible home anyway. I don't mean to be judgemental, but to me it's irresponsible not to have a cat his age already fixed!
Did you list him as "found"?? I would be honest with the family that is interested in adopting him that there is a really good chance that you will not be contacted, however you are still trying to find out whether he already has a home and can they wait a few more days?

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by TNR1

Did you list him as "found"?? I would be honest with the family that is interested in adopting him that there is a really good chance that you will not be contacted, however you are still trying to find out whether he already has a home and can they wait a few more days?

Katie
Yes, I posted flyers around the neighborhood and ran a "found" ad in the local newsaper. No calls. This couple is more than willing to wait. They're just coming to meet him tomorrow. His appointment to be fixed, vaccinated and tested is on Wed. and he's not going anywhere until after that anyway.

I just feel like if he had someone who was genuinely looking for him, they would have checked the newspaper and made the call by now.