Need advice - feral mom and kittens

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Helene....
Congratulations on the furry additions to your family.

Douglas & Deacon are perfect names for those 2 little rascals.
I would love to have seen Deacon's face when he noticed Lady.

I will look forward to reading lots of stories about them and look forward to seeing their pictures along with their big sister....Lady.

There is a Signature thread if you would like someone to design one for you when you get pictures of the boys....Lady too.

Also...I just sent you a Frost PM in case you would like some.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks so much for the update on the boys, Helene. It made my day!

Their new names are just perfect too and it sounds like they're reacting to things just as I would have expected. Douglas is definitely the more bold and brave of the two. Deacon will come around once he feels a little more secure. I would loved to have seen his reaction to Lady.

Those crazy little guys!
That's pretty much what they did here too - eat their wet food, then tear around the room until they collapsed.

Can't wait to see some pics of them when you have a chance. Meanwhile, have fun with them and many thanks for giving them such a wonderful home!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Helene...
..we're so glad to welcome you in our kitty family here at TCS and even more glad to have the updates on Deacon and Douglas! Looking forward to the pictures!!
We'll have to have someone eventually make you a siggy of your three babies!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Helene! It's so nice to have you here, and to be able to follow Deacon's and Douglas's antics. We'd love to hear more about Lady, too.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS, it is fab to have an update on them!! Love the new names, and can't wait to see pics.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Helene - thank you SO MUCH for posting updates! The boys have such a following, and it is SO NICE to be able to keep track of them!

Eileen - how absolutely wonderful that they have SUCH a great home! You did so well with them - and look at them now, lol!

Laurie

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

Helene - thank you SO MUCH for posting updates! The boys have such a following, and it is SO NICE to be able to keep track of them!

Eileen - how absolutely wonderful that they have SUCH a great home! You did so well with them - and look at them now, lol!

Laurie
Couldn't have said it better! Will definitely be looking forward to further updates and pictures when you have the opportunity, Helene.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hello again Helene!! Glad the boys are making themselves right at home
The names you've picked are great! Hopefully intros between them and Lady will continue to go well
silly Deacon! So glad Eileen's babies got such a fabulous home

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Katiemae and Everyone,

Well, we have made it through another couple of days; I believe we are planning to release the boys from their cell (I mean room
) on Thursday, thanksgiving day. That way I will be home all day to help monitor, referee, whatever else is needed. Everyone keep your fingers crossed.

I am not too good at getting the right pics attached, but I am attempting to attach some photos I took of the boys tonight. Hope you get them. You might end up with a photo of a house in need of repair, as that is my job, taking pics of homes for insurance companies.

Here goes.

Helene and Renee

Well, I can't seem to do it here, will try from my e-mail.

Helene

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Helene and Renee,
Hope the boys aren't acting too insane for you and that you're having fun with them!Good luck tomorrow when you release them from their "cell." lol3:

Here's a thread that tells you how to post pictures:

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...?t=14474:lol3:

(Let me know if you need any help)

Also, if you post them in Fur Pictures, more people will see your handsome little guys and that's the point!

You'll find it here: http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29

Happy Thanksgiving to both of you, Douglas and Deacon!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a really difficult time learning how to show pictures....
Finally I grasped the concept of linking from another site....PhotoBucket.
http://photobucket.com/

I can hardly wait to see your boys in action.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Helene!

Welcome to TCS! I'm glad you were able to welcome these babies to your life

lady20

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone,

I have to report that we decided to spring the boys a day early and they are now free to roam the entire house! It is going well, they now have a much larger space to race through the house and Douglas has been taking turns between Renee and I for some lap sitting and purring and kneading. It is great. So far, Deacon has not allowed us to pick him up, but this morning when I fed him his wet food, I had some on my finger and held it up to him and he started purring his motor purr the whole time he was licking it off; but still took off when I tried to pick him up or pet him.

It will take time. Lady, our 12 year old half siamese cat has found a spot where she can lay and watch them without them getting close to her, and that is up on the kitchen counter. We are allowing it for now as that is her only safe space. So far, just careful small advances between them, but no major hissing or spitting. I am hopeful all will go well in the long run.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone, it looks like my pics were too large and have disappeared but will try to learn how to put some new ones on. I hope to learn about your babies and their lives.

Helene & Renee

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It certainly sounds that things are progressing smoothly. I got the chance to see your babies before they were "removed", Just beautiful! I havent seen Lady yet so I am looking forward to seeing her, too.

I hope you guys have a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the pics, Helene. They're absolutely adorable and they'll be back soon! We definitely need to see some pictures of Lady too!

The boys must be loving their freedom!
Sounds like everyone is adjusting well. Douglas is such a little lovebug and I"m thrilled you got to hear Deacon's purr!

Have a wonderful holiday!