Naughty Nala!

lykakitty

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hearing that she gets grabbed like that makes a lot more sense. She's learned that hands mean getting grabbed and held in place when she doesn't want to be, and that's probably contributing a lot to her problem. The only way to permanently fix that part of the problem is to make your family understand that they can't force her into anything like that and they need to respect her space. They're only making her nervous and afraid of hands and people and she's reacting aggressively, which is perfectly reasonable to her.

Isy did do really we with other animals. I had an older cat who was about 5 when I found Isy and they were never really close but got along fine, but the big thing that helped was when I rescued my abuse survivor kitty Maya. Maya's a very quiet, timid, calm cat and Isy just took to her instantly and it helped both of them so much. In this case Maya was several years younger but with you I'd recommend looking at an older (not really old but maybe 2 years or so) cat with a calmer, gentler temperament. Try for one who has been well socialized with other animals. They could really help Nala a lot as far as teacher her to be calmer and gentler with others. But a big part of the root of your problem (I suspect) will still be the way she's handled by the other people in your home and she'll never make real solid, long-lasting progress if that doesn't get addressed.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You're very welcome and please don't worry, we are here for you.

Oh boy...your fiance​..argh, I want to scream but controlling myself lol

Nala Ava Marie is really a cutie but knocking the tree lol "stop baby please don't knock Mommy's tree"

That's why I don't have tree I am sure my girls gonna be curious and will knock the tree too

By the way when is Belle coming?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your fiancé sounds like a big part of the problem. I think you need to make it clear how unacceptable this behavior is and how upsetting it is to you.

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
14 weeks is very young for a kitten.  I've seen Jackson Galaxy recommend that people cat's don't care for feed them and give treats so they are associated with good things.  i think the males in your house need some training.  Both of my cats and a previous foster took a lot of time to warm up to my husband.  He's kind of loud, wears shoes all the time and they are noisy.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
   ​Awww...​looks like a happy cat, she's pretty baby. So what do you think, is she the one? I am excited for you :-)

I am not 100 percent sure matching personalities of cats. Macha  is  very active, playful and happy cat.

Mia is feisty, bratty, playful and hyper lol but they get along so well, like they know each other for so long :-)

Well, they can be very sweet, loving and gentle sometimes lol

More fun and they entertains each other all the time and knocking everything here but it's ok with me as long they are happy.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm 99% sure she's the one! 1% doubt bc Belle seemed rambunctious too...Nala is the deciding factor when they get to meet. She's unpredictable. I can safely say she'll hiss and growl but other than that I'm not sure how they'll get along. [emoji]128570[/emoji] There was another cat there that I didn't specifically go to meet but she was cute too. Her name is Elizabeth. She was slightly more calm.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You won't get a good sense of how they'll get along through a quick introduction. Cat introductions can take weeks or even months, at the cats' pace. You'll need to decide whether she's the right cat for you and then introduce them properly, by scent only at first.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She look so cute too, maybe you have to ask the shelter /owner of these cats, their personalities and mostly Nala Ava Marie, the perfect match for her.

I really don't know how this works, I only share you the story of my girls.

Your instinct too would help you, I wish you the very best :-)

I love the last pic of Belle :-)

Last edited:

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I hope I can have 2 kitties that love each other and play together like Mia and Macha! [emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]128573[/emoji][emoji]128062[/emoji][emoji]128570[/emoji]
Nala Ava Marie is young enough to adapt yet, I hope.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am hoping too for your baby, hope all goes well and we are here for you when time comes. There are many great advisors, many wonderful members that willing to give their advice and support when ones needed. This cat site is amazing, people are nice, generous and very compassionate :-)

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
New emergency! Sorry for being so needy but Nala just got hurt! I'm with her at the vet right now & they won't let me see her! They just sedated her! I was making brownies for a potluck and checked on the brownies, opened the oven door and Nala put her tiny paws on the scalding hot oven door! [emoji]128575[/emoji] I'm bawling my eyes out right now! Her little paw pads are burnt badly! I feel like the worst cat Mom ever! She's been kinda sorta interested when I've opened oven before but she never put her paws up like that. Help. Prayers please. I will NEVER forgive myself for this if she's not OK!!!

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She has 2nd degree burns! [emoji]128575[/emoji] She was not crying/meowing THAT bad until she saw how inconsolable I was and when she could hear me but the vet tech took her in another room to sedate her so they can get a better look and keep her still. I'm devastated. They said she's not going to die but she's going to be hurting for awhile. I can't breathe, I am shaking and can't stop crying. My poor newborn.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OH NO! poor baby..

Fingers crossed and hoping she's okay...

(((hugs)))

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was so hurt that she didn't even hiss and growl at the vet. [emoji]128575[/emoji] She hates her doctor. I did not know she was even that close behind me when I opened the oven door. She was playing with her skunk mouse like 2 seconds before that.

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So sad, and I am in shock right now...sorry it happens like this.

Hope she's okay...hugs!

macha 143

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Are you still at the vet office now? Maybe you should not show your emotions, go to other room I know it's hard but cat sense us and they get stress too. Oh my gosh, this is sad.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm in shock too. It happened so fast! She's a quick little kitten. They're keeping her overnight for observation. She's still sedated. Wow. I'm all excited planning on getting a sibling playmate for her and she gets injured. I'm a hysterical wreck, they asked me to go home and "chill" and call them to check on her at 2:30 PM. Guess I was upsetting other patients. Well, my baby is hurt, of course I'm going to be crying. I'm in my car too shaken up yet to drive, I was speeding and ran a red light to get her there. She went to lick her paws and just yelped/meowed I put a cool washcloth on them. The vet said that was good to do that. She's probably going to get blisters. She said the tissue damage looks like 2nd degree burns. I don't want to leave her because this is gonna traumatize her even more, being away from me. She's been with me every single day for 13 weeks!

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm still in parking lot. Ugh, she's sleeping but I still feel like I should be there when she wakes up. The vet tech said on Thanksgiving they had a cat come in that had walked across a flat ceramic hot stovetop witheven worse burns and that cat is OK now.....