Naughty Nala!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala Ava Marie is cleaning herself better already after I've used damp washcloth to clean her. Her biting problem is improving too, it's more love bites and nibbles now, not full on attack. She's playful, she's active but she's only about 15 weeks old. Practically a baby/toddler yet. She does not seem to be in any pain, her poor front paws kind of look swollen still, to me. My fiancé said her paws look fine now. Hmmm. She plays just fine, she runs up and down the stairs. She ran out the door last night. We have an attached garage so she didn't get outside! [emoji]128570[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Weird litter box situation with Nala Ava Marie; I clean her litter boxes (she has 3) twice a day usually with the scoop thing but for sure once a day and she gets defensive when I clean out her waste, especially her poops! Is that normal? Lol, she jumps in the litter box and sprawls out making it difficult to scoop so I have to move her out of the box. It's not a huge deal, it's just kind of funny. [emoji]128169[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala is having a stressful 1st Christmas! [emoji]127876[/emoji] [emoji]128575[/emoji] [emoji]128062[/emoji]Too many people. Little kids, she's so skittish anyway. She did get a bite of ham that a toddler dropped on the floor.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Poor Nala - all that commotion! At least she is discovering that toddlers are good for an occasional bite of ham.

I'm on my phone and can't make out the bottom image. I see Nala there looking cute as a button but am not sure what's under her.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Weird litter box situation with Nala Ava Marie; I clean her litter boxes (she has 3) twice a day usually with the scoop thing but for sure once a day and she gets defensive when I clean out her waste, especially her poops! Is that normal? Lol, she jumps in the litter box and sprawls out making it difficult to scoop so I have to move her out of the box. It's not a huge deal, it's just kind of funny. [emoji]128169[/emoji]
Some kittens do this.  At least she just likes to get in your way.  When my oldest cat Starbuck was a 6 week old kitten she used to climb in her litter box and spray litter at me for cleaning it.  She only did this with me.  The first time we went out of town I warned my cat sitter about this behavior and instead she decided to hang out on my cat sitters back and watch her scoop out the litter box.  She never once sprayed her with litter.  When I got home she immediately went back to spraying me with litter.  Thankfully she outgrew this behavior quickly.  My youngest cat Casey who is a little over a year old has to watch me scoop out all 4 litter boxes.  He then has to poop in each one after I clean them. Thankfully none of my cats is territorial with their litter boxes.  I have four cats and the idea was for them to each have their own but they use all of them equally. 

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
In the picture, Nala was climbing all over my Christmas gifts. Lol. When I'm busy she wants my attention but when I want to hold my little girl kitten, she has her own agenda. [emoji]128571[/emoji]
She only gets upset w me for cleaning her litter box. [emoji]128568[/emoji] She seems to have to go potty right away after I clean her litter box too! She was slow to be fully litter box trained, she still had a few accidents until she was over 6 weeks old. Once she caught on though she was fine. My fiance's young grandson calls her litter boxes "glitter boxes", sounds somewhat more pleasant so we call them glitter boxes now. [emoji]128568[/emoji]
She sprays litter at me also, especially from her small box, she hunches down and acts like I can't see her! She makes me laugh. I think she's happy today it's just Mommy & Daddy here.

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nala Ava Marie attacked me twice tonight! Unprovoked. We were not playing. She randomly jumped on recliner and bit my left cheek and drew blood! Not even 1 minute later jumped up and attacked my face again! [emoji]128546[/emoji] I've defended her behaviors before and kind of minimized it. I've vowed to not give up on her but I can't tolerate this. I grabbed her by the scruff and kind of growled/ hissed at her after the second vicious attack. She ran away and hid from me for a minute or two. Now she's snuggled up to me sweetly like she didn't attack my face like an hour ago! I've put up with my hands being tore up, her ambushing me with her little clawless paws but biting me in the face? [emoji]128549[/emoji] Nala is such a mean little baby. I'm not giving up on her, this is just fresh yet in my mind so I'm upset. This is a baby that we found near death, we've bottle fed her, loved her and given her a warm, safe environment. Toys, water fountain, the best food and all the things she could ever need. I have disciplined her gently. What can I do to keep her in my life? This was so random. She didn't hiss, she didn't indicate she was agitated.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
I'm really sorry to hear about Nala's aggression. I had actually forgotten the reason you first started this thread. It's extremely scary when a cat goes for your face, as I know from experience. My Milo used to do this, although in his case it was a clear case of redirected aggression. He was bitterly jealous over my other boy, Wesley. Anyway, of course you are upset. You have given so much love and gentle affection to Nala and then, out of nowhere she attacks you.

I saw that a lot of people recommended a second cat in the beginning of this thread. You indicated that wasn't an option - is that still the case?

I'm so sorry for what you're going through. [emoji]128149[/emoji]

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It's so sad to be scared of my baby girl. She just got done attacking my hands again. Did Milo end up accepting Wesley? Could Nala be angry about something? She has no competition for attention. She used to bite when she was playing so we'd redirect her with her stuffed animals or fishing pole toys or just try to tire out with her laser light toys. My fiancé doesn't want another cat, he tells me she's one too many cat. [emoji]128542[/emoji] The vet was telling me before that she'd never seen a kitten so young be so aggressive. She added that she's seen aggressive bottle babies before and "it never ends well" for the cat. How did you stop Milo from biting? This is heartbreaking.

margd

Veteran
Purraise
Milo did eventually accept Wesley and they became pretty good friends but it took years. I didn't know about introducing cats so I didn't introduce them correctly.

Milo usually attacked when being held. Normally he begged to be held but sometimes he would suddenly dig his front claws into my face. I got around it by always holding him so his front legs were immobilized and very carefully watching his body language. Once, however, without warning he suddenly jumped up from the floor and viciously attacked me in bed. It was very scary.

I wish I knew what to suggest. I know how much you love that little girl and it's a shame you have to be so cautious around her. My heart goes out to you. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️

adoringangel72

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She's got such a sweet face. She's often loving with me so it was surprising to be attacked. She likes to play aggressively with our hands but we've stopped allowing that awhile ago. My fiancé won't let me get a companion kitty for her. The one cat I was looking into getting I was just going to spring it on him, lol. Then Nala had her oven accident and medical emergency. Soon she's going to be spayed. I've read that female cat behavior doesn't change much after that. She's so unpredictable. She is 17 weeks old, still young and rambunctious. Maybe I'm not playing enough with her? I'll keep trying to be a good Mom to her. [emoji]128522[/emoji] I love her. I see cats now and I just say "Awww" I've never noticed them like I do now! I like to believe in some level that Nala loves me too in her own way. [emoji]128571[/emoji]