Name three things

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

• The men are coming some time this morning to pick up the old refrigerator. (And not a moment too soon. I walked out to the kitchen this morning, just in time to see Muffin jumping from the top of the old fridge to the counter top. 
     I asked her just what she thought she was doing. She looked right at me and kept walking on the counter. Evidently, it was obvious....she was counter-surfing. I've lost control of this gang.
     Who am I kidding? I never had control!)
Counter-surfing just started in your home?  What have I been doing wrong? I use food boards for my use, everything in my home is owned by furcritters and I am but a slave tollerated in their home in order their needs for comfort and food are tended to..... 

Today, in addition to tending to his lordship Mouse, I will:

Go down to one of the local stores to collect the phone I ordered on line for my mom yesterday.

Take a pile of my mom's stuff in to the local charity shops for recycling.

Go and get my hair cut.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today l need to:

Finish off the last bits of Christmas shopping

Put up the bed for DS and move the old one to the garage (l was supposed to do this yesterday!)

Make an appointment to have my brakes done, front and back, before l go back to work on the 5th.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So already today, I got a load of of dishes going (still have to clean the kitchen).

Got a load of laundry going (still much to do).

And cleaned the litter boxes and swept all of my hardwood floor, which is a lot, and the stairs.

There will be much cleaning today. I slacked during finals week and then took some lazy days to recuperate from a difficult semester.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise

Counter-surfing just started in your home?  What have I been doing wrong? I use food boards for my use, everything in my home is owned by furcritters and I am but a slave tollerated in their home in order their needs for comfort and food are tended to..... 

Today, in addition to tending to his lordship Mouse, I will:

Go down to one of the local stores to collect the phone I ordered on line for my mom yesterday.

Take a pile of my mom's stuff in to the local charity shops for recycling.

Go and get my hair cut.
Oh heavens, no, but it's the first time I really caught Muffin on top of the fridge jumping to the counter top.....I'm glad that fridge is gone; it was just trouble in the making, first Tabby "killing" the hutch and now Muffin. (I didn't realize just how often the cats were on the counters until we got a stove with a black top and started to see all the paw prints. The first thing I do before I ever start to cook is wipe down the counter tops and the top of the stove.)

Last day of work before Christmas. I took a vacation day for next Monday and I'm off work Tuesday and Wednesday. Dear Richard is off work all next week.
  • I did call down to the vet for med refills for Boo and for Bootser, so we're going down tonight after work to get them.
  • Must call the garage; Hannah's remote starter isn't working....all I get are two faint beeps when I hit the key fob to start her engine. Not acceptable, not during the winter, so that needs to be repaired.
  • Hit the grocery store tonight. They have ricotta on sale and lasagna noodles on sale, too, but were sold out of each on Monday when we went for groceries. I'm going down tonight and if they're still sold out, then I'm going to get rain checks. And if they do have the cheese and the noodles, I think I'm going to make my lasagna for next Saturday this weekend and throw the pans in the freezer. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
The last of the Christmas gifts I ordered should arrive today. For the first time in a bit I don't have a massive "to-do" list for today. Soem possibilities:

Walk
wrap the last of the gifts
go browsing in a store, just for fun.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Scooped out the boxes,changed litter

helped to hand out christmas packages at the church

super cleaned the tub

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
super cleaned the tub
Something that I saw on Pinterest that I started doing a few weeks ago is this: 

You can get the soap dispensing sponge at Walmart or Dollar General for about $3. Fill it with half dish soap and half white vinegar. Use it to scrub your tub/shower while you're in it a couple of times a week. My shower has been spotless every day since I started doing this.

I also hung some eucalyptus in my shower, so my bathroom always smells great.

Oh, and for me today...
  • I cleaned the kitchen (as BF destroyed it when he cooked dinner last night)
  • Swept all the hardwoods again
  • Did lots of laundry

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Geez, who knew that finding lasagna noodles would be such a challenge?? 
 Our grocery store has San Giorgio pasta on sale for $1.00 a box this week. And evidently, every family in the county is having lasagna for Christmas....the store is completely out of noodles! I did manage to get three 32-ounce containers of ricotta last night, also on sale, for 2 for $6 (and I had coupons). And the mozz was on sale, too. But noodles? Nope! And it's not just San Giorgio noodles, there is not a box of lasagna noodles to be found in that store. Who knew? So off to another grocery store in town for noodles today.

Go to a winery for Rick's mom

Go to Lowes

Decorate the Tacky White Tree (Rick said he'd put it up today)

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Making jerky today -- sliced the beef and it's curing in the fridge. Around 2:00 or so this afternoon, I'll put the beef strips in the dehydrator. I've never made jerky before, so this should be interesting.

Make sugar cookies and peanut butter sandwich cookies

Change the bed sheets, working on laundry now

(I was going to make almond brittle this afternoon, but it's raining outside. I can't boil candy when it's really humid; it goes to sugar for me. Was going to do some fudge, too. But I think I'll wait til maybe Monday or Tuesday and see what the weather is like then.)

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I have cookie dough in the fridge that needs to be baked: Snickerdoodles and Chocolate Crinkles. And I need to make Brown Sugar and Cinnamon Biscotti and Orange and Cherry Biscotti. Will probably do that tonight. (We're having a cookie party at work on Thursday and most of these cookies will go there. Except for the Snickerdoodles....Rick does not willingly share his Snickerdoodles.)

Errands:  

Meat market (to pick up the crown roast)

Local cheese maker (two wheels of baby Swiss)

Best Buy (connector for my Ipod)

Coffee shop (2 boxes of Barista Colombian k-cups)

Beer store (a case of Smirnoff Ice)

Grocery store: produce for Christmas dinner

Really hoping I can get the almond brittle made tonight. My MIL called yesterday to see if I had made it yet.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thunder threw up on her  bed so;

off to the laundromat to wash it

Family Dollar to spend my gift card from a friend. Think I'll  use it on a hand mixer

trash needs taken out but that is what a husband is for, right ?

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Took out the rubbish and do the recycling so not fighting for space in the skips after Christmas.

Met up with a fiend and went out for lunch.

Did a last tiny bit of Christmas shopping after thinking of something silly for one of my (grown up - ha ha) nephews after I saw him and his brother yesterday.  Had to be got so braved the shopping mall. 
  I finally found what I was after but it took about an hour and a half.  Boy am I tired out.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finally went to the driver's license office to get my address changed... only took about five months. >_>

Went to Target to take care of a return.

Got all my groceries for Christmas dinner and the rest of the week, and grabbed a few last minute gifts.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
A bit of last minute shopping this morning, but nothing major. I have to pick up the white coconut cake this morning, too (my sister called me last night to say that she'd pick it up. But I don't trust her....I'd never see it!
)

Rick is going to vacuum, dust, and clean the bathroom while I make a pecan pie, bake the cornbread (for stuffing tomorrow), and make iced tea

When Rick takes his mom to church tonight, I'm going to wrap his presents while I watch a couple Fringe episodes (almost done with season 4..I have really fallen in love with that show and will be sad when I'm finished.) 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Finish hoovering the apartment.

Wrap the presents without Mouse getting the better of me and chewing the paper before it gets stuck down....  It's harder than making a bed and that's bad enough.

Another load of washing.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick is bowling early tonight, so while he's gone, I'd like to spend some time straightening-up in the computer room. I've got cookbooks laying about all over the place and my desk looks like it was hit by a hurricane with cookbooks and papers galore. It needs to be cleaned.

Way behind on my Nook reading and I have three books that will be removed from my Nook at the beginning of next week, so I need to get them finished. And I don't think I'm going to have enough time.

Rick seems to think that my Columbia jacket originally came with a hood....and he thinks the hood is in the hall closet. I don't think so, so I'd like to get into the box on the closet shelf and see what I can find. We were at Dick's on Tuesday morning looking at new jackets. I'd like to have a hood or something for my head for winter walking, but I don't want helmet-hair. So I'm in a bit of a quandary as to what to do. First thing...looking for the hood that supposedly came with this jacket.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Lazy day:

Tidied up the spent wrapping paper and got it in to the recycling / bin.

Did (yet another) load of washing and got it hung up to dry.

Thrown biscuits for Mouse.

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did some more cleaning of the kitchen from yesterday's feast.

Cooked cinnamon apple roll-ups with icing for breakfast (for myself and my kids).

Played Pokemon with my son.

dejolane

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stripped the bed for laundry day

cleaned out the litter boxes

walked to the post office & meat shop

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the bank.

Went to GameStop so my son could buy a couple pre-owned Wii games with his Christmas money.

Went by the Post Office to get my mail and a package (that I'm pretty sure is a Christmas present!).

Status
Not open for further replies.