Name three things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, LaraLove!

Rick is bowling early tonight and I think that when he leaves, I'm going to head down to the mall for awhile. There are a few things I'd like to pick up for him and it's hard when he's along. And the weather this weekend is supposed to be really bad, especially on Saturday, which is supposed to be downright ugly.

And that will be pretty much my night.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Working on laundry now

Must get outside to clean/shovel snow....waiting for dear Richard to drag his body out of bed

Vacuum and dust a bit, nothing major

laralove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I'm taking my kids to my daughter's hand bell recital at a nursing home.

Then we're going to watch Catching Fire (she's read all three books). 

Then I've got to drive the long drive back home after I drop them off to their father's for the week.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, LaraLove!

Rick is bowling early tonight and I think that when he leaves, I'm going to head down to the mall for awhile. There are a few things I'd like to pick up for him and it's hard when he's along. And the weather this weekend is supposed to be really bad, especially on Saturday, which is supposed to be downright ugly.
And that will be pretty much my night.
[/quote
We had the worst snow storm in 100 years. It was awful. People trapped in cars for hours and days. Hundreds of cars abandoned which were eventually moved by the police to safety to be picked up. Not town! Away. Is that how it's spelt. Areas still without electricity after 3 days. My daughter had hail so heavy it settled. Cold? Nearly down to 0 centigrade at night and not much more during the day. Whisky got used to getting under my blankets and is now under my tented legs. The family didn't come as police advised and asked anybody who doesn't have to drive to please stay at home so I forbade my kids from coming.
I know this is supposed to be about 3 things I did today but we all know I didn't do anything.
I'm putting a picture of a road in Jerusalem and one of the hail my daughter had. This is the middle east at the moment.

View media item 192184
View media item 192185

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Then I've got to drive the long drive back home after I drop them off to their father's for the week.

And then you've got your lovely new kitty to bond with. I
@Winchester, 4 day headaches are not good and if you take painkillers they start to excsserbate the problem. Poor you.  I hope it shifts soon but see your doctor if it doesn't, please. :hugs:   I get evil migraines that can go on for a couple of days, leave me with a sort of hangover then come back again for more days and you really do start to dispair, feel totally miserable. 

Today I:
Managed not to smash up the laptop I was using at work when the system had a 'glitch' and deleted a really complicated letter I'd just spent an hour writing (It wasn't me guv' other fold in the office lost their stuff too). :bawling2:
Went back to the shop I volunteer in on a Sunday to return the cordless phone handset I came home with in my back pocket yesterday.... :doh2:  

Got used as a climbing frame when Mouse decided he HAD to get up to the top shelf in the wardrobe before I had my shower, then got down and decided to try and get on to the top of a door after my shower... :nono:   He sneaks up from behind now because I can't see him coming and move out of the way.

When lotto was a baby he used to climb Joanna's jeans-clad legs to get to where she was standing

I'm alive! And I feel human again! The headache is still here, but it's pretty much nothing at this point. As long as I don't bend over, I think I'm going to survive. (I told Rick on Sunday afternoon that since he was home with me, I was going to take 3 Excedrin for Migraines tablets; they used to start working on my migraines in about 15 minutes....I swear it's a wonder drug. I set the epi-pen on the kitchen counter, and said, "Keep an eye on me, OK? If you need to, use this. And take me to the ER." He was horrified and told me that I was not taking anything. And I didn't take it. But that's how desperate I felt at the time.) I feel so much better today. :clap:

And on that note.....

Finish the laundry that I didn't finish the other night
Tonight is trash night, so cleaning out litter boxes (We really need to install a large utility sink in the basement; it's cold outside!)
Bake the chocolate crinkles -- made the dough last night

But if I don't get anything done tonight? Life is good!
@Winchester, I'm with you, that is evil.  I lay down with an ice pack over my eyes and forehead and just wish I wasn't here, and I've never had one full on for more than 3 days.  Good to hear you don;t self medicate, too many people do, and when nothing seems to make it go away it is very very tempting.

Today:
Whole day spent at work, stuck on computer and mobile phone.:sigh:
Lunch at a friend's house: yummy food and meeting their Burmese and Burmila cats for the first time. :heart4:
Mouse time for over an hour after I got home from work. :D  

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Stewball, are you guys all OK??? That is nasty-looking hail! Please stay safe.

Back at work on my Monday morning, so I just need to get through the day til 4:00

Grab a few groceries....I need to get some things for Christmas dinner

About halfway through Fringe season 3

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stewball, are you guys all OK??? That is nasty-looking hail! Please stay safe

Back at work on my Monday morning, so I just need to get through the day til 4:00
Grab a few groceries....I need to get some things for Christmas dinner
About halfway through Fringe season 3
Thank you for worrying. We're fine where we are. Just storms and heavy rain. We're warm and dry not like a lot of places that had no electricity for 3 days. Slowly getting back to normal. It's never been this cold though. Some places actually went down to -14! In this country? Soldiers in armoured tanks went into gaza to take food and blankets etc and were 'cheered' by the palestians.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Had a very nice (and believe it or not healthy) lunch with friends.  They are all former colleagues who wanted to give me their best wishes before I leave my job - we all currently work in the same line with the same employer but as of tomorrow I won't be doing either. 

Hoovered the apartment (at last, it was a pit).

Laughed at Mouse as he did his best to flatten himself out enough to get under the stove or squeeze between the stove and cabinet next to it.  I eventually tried to satisfy his curiosity (and mine) by pulling said stove out of its recess.  Nothing!  I can only presume he has seen a live mouse disappear under there earlier today and has spent the rest of his time trying to get at it..... 

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just got back from the nursing home. We played Christmas music and sang for the people there. Now I am going to cook some gluten free bread and make a meal to go with it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Do more shoveling and sweeping 

Go to our local natural food store -- I need to get more turmeric capsules (pain relief and anti-inflammatory) and Traumeel (pain relief) ointment for my knee

Go to Lowes tonight -- we have a Lowes list a mile long again

I'd like to hit the mall tonight, too, but not sure if we'll have time

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cleaned the main floor

Baked muffins, yum

Took delivery of the new bed. Unpacked all the new bedding from the boxes that have been sitting around waiting for the bed. The goose down pillows are divine!!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Trash night tonight

I separated some clothes into piles to do a couple loads of laundry 

Time to make some snickerdoodles

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Love that mug! And the cocoa is cute, too!

Trash night tonight

I separated clothing into piles this morning to do a couple loads of laundry

Still on season 3 of Fringe....I have one more disk to go. I like it!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Took delivery of the new bed. Unpacked all the new bedding from the boxes that have been sitting around waiting for the bed. The goose down pillows are divine!!
Has that fabby black cat of yours staked claim of the new bed yet? 

Went to my mom's for lunch and did a bit of clearing out of her attic:  got her Christmas trees down for her so she can decorate them and start making her house looking all festive.

Got home and pulled out a couple of little decorative tree things to put in the sitting room: trying to get in to the Christmas spirit.

Played with Mouse and some of the bits and pieces I found in with the little fake Christmas trees.  He liked the feather boas, but the jingly fetive collar didn't go down too well when I put it on him... I think it's safe to say he hated it. 
  Afterward I made up for torturing him by letting him jump on my back and up on to the top of my bedroom door - he likes it there! 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Call the vet to have BooBoo's and Bootser's prescriptions refilled; we'll pick them up Friday night
  • The men are coming some time this morning to pick up the old refrigerator. (And not a moment too soon. I walked out to the kitchen this morning, just in time to see Muffin jumping from the top of the old fridge to the counter top. 
     I asked her just what she thought she was doing. She looked right at me and kept walking on the counter. Evidently, it was obvious....she was counter-surfing. I've lost control of this gang.
     Who am I kidding? I never had control!)
  • Rick is bowling early tonight, so after he leaves, I'm supposed to meet a GF at Dunkin Donuts for coffee and then hit the mall for some shopping. 

Status
Not open for further replies.