Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Besides the usual chores there was a ton of leaves yesterday & today to bag- the idiot Assoc decided to make the most noise and the most mess 2days before Christmas by hacking(yes " hacking " ,not trinming,not pruning")a huge tree out front - brilliant ,right ? Not done in 5 yrs but makes sense to do it while everyone is here visiting from up North- uggggggh,wanna scream!!!

So 2 days of an extra hours work outside when I'm trying to get Christmas Dinner ready for when I get home from Port St Lucie Christmas Day

My 3things to finish were- cook the ham ,bake my pumpkin pies, pack up 3 dinners for neighbor friends that cannot come over Christmas so they can pick them up today,wax my car and vacuum..... everything is done except vacuum( hate vacuuming).... I need to rest a bit first

To go dinner one of 3

Merry Christmas to Y'all❤🎅🏖🎄

Attachments

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Dinner looks so good! Yum!
Another restless night. It was after 2:00 last time I looked at the clock. Up around 6:30.
  • Breakfast for the girls, Rick did the dishwasher last night, and I'm back here with my coffee, waiting for Rick to get out of bed.
  • After making our brunch (Rick and I are making it together this morning), I'm pretty much done for the rest of the day. I plan on spending the day in bed reading. Why in bed? Because Rick will take over the couch for football all day.
  • If he goes up to pick up his mom's Kindle, I'll take a look at it. She called last night, wondering why he hadn't been up yet. Then she wanted me to come up and there is no way I can go into that nursing home, mask or no mask. Not going to happen. She got a little peeved with me, but not going there.
I did get all four episodes of Reacher done. It's a good show.
Now I'm thinking of taking Starz for $40 for the year, just for Outlander. I think I'm behind two seasons now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday was a quiet day. Rick watched football and I spent the day in bed reading/napping/watching tv with the girls.
  • Dr appt, followed by medical stuff today
  • One load of laundry when I get home
  • General clean-up, not really much to do, but enough that I can put it on the list. There are cookbooks and papers on my desk that can be tossed (papers, not the cookbooks)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Awakened at 4:30 for the bathroom. At 6:00, I was nauseous as heck, so got up and made a slice of dry toast. Not a good night.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back with my coffee (that I hope I can drink).
  • One large load of laundry.
  • Medical appt this afternoon.
I'm going to need an early night tonight.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So while Himself was using the shop vac to suck up puddles of water in the basement from yesterday evening and last night's rain I gingerly went into the basement and retrieved the meat grinder. Upstairs, set it up, chose coarse grinder-disc and chopped up a couple of pounds of very nice venison and a piece of pork belly. Browned the meat, added Wick Fowler 2-alarm chilli seasonings, and a can of crushed tomatoes. Set it simmering on the stove.

Finished off chili, set pot in a sink of cold water and a tray of ice cubes to cool and we went out for lunch.

And that's where things went awry. First place was closed. Second place told us to sign in on wait list and they'd text us when a table was available. Third place said they were understaffed, sign in and there would be about a 20 minute wait.

So at that point we gave up and came home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Tired this morning. I got up to use the bathroom around 3:30 and that was the extent of my night. I dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 5:45 and started in on things. I'll try for a nap later on. I think I'm getting my days and nights mixed up and I don't want that to happen.
  • Breakfast for the girls, no dishwasher to empty, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Rick is going to hit the grocery store for me, although I may have to go along, just to "fondle" apples. I have Grannies on my grocery list and he said, "Great! Now I have to fondle apples to make sure they're good enough! People are gonna see me fondling apples!" :flail:
  • I never did get the laundry done yesterday, so I threw one load in the washer. Another load is ready to go.
  • A quick vacuum and swiffer, nothing big.
  • My sister is coming over late this afternoon to help me with the wig cap and the wigs. I've tried and tried to style those things and have nothing but trouble.
  • Start a Sam's grocery list for sometime next week.
  • Try to figure out what to make for NY Eve.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to get to the hospital to have a breathing test done to determine lung function..... oh fun!

After that I've got to get home and get Graycie for a Vet appt

I don't have it in me today- no idea how I'm even gonna get the rollator out to the car in tye rain etc.... one of those days already.....I'm beat ,Jenns passing hit hard today and I'm very sad

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Tossed and turned last night because of my stuffy nose/cold until I realized that if I just raised the head on my adjustable bed I would be able to sleep better. I hardly ever use the bed features but it really did help. This morning I did my first ever Covid at home test and fortunately tested negative.

I have to take a drive today to pick up a home depot order. It was supposed to be delivered to my local store, just a few blocks away but instead it was sent to the one in a neighboring town. There is a nice fast food mexican restaurant over there though so I might stop for lunch.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
My sister and I had a good time last night, but we didn't get very far with wig styling. We did one of them OK, but the other one is simply too heavy in the front with the bangs. There's a woman in town who works with wigs for cancer patients; I'm going to call her for some help. Maybe she can figure out what to do with the front of that wig. That's the one I really like; I don't know how I managed it, but it's pretty much the same color as my natural hair. I've been bald now for two weeks, so even seeing me in hair now is a change. I guess you can get used to anything after a while.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Molli was hanging out on the cat tree with me, but decided that a warm bed was better and crawled in with Rick.
  • I want to do a wash load of kitty linens this morning.
  • Spend the afternoon in the Shed. It desperately needs a good vacuuming and the plants need more than a little TLC. I'm not really supposed to be around the house plants during chemo (sometimes I don't understand why things are like that), but they need some work. Rick will be watching PennState this afternoon, so that will give me time to get some work done.
Getting enough fluids is an issue with chemo. My sister gave me a large drinking pitcher to put my water in every morning. Then, during the day, as I drink, I can keep track of how much water I'm getting. The oncologist feels that keep track will motivate me to drink more. And my sister took it to heart. A full pitcher is 48 ounces....that's a lot of water! For me anyway. She liked the pitcher so much, she bought one for Rick and for our BIL and herself.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister and I had a good time last night, but we didn't get very far with wig styling. We did one of them OK, but the other one is simply too heavy in the front with the bangs. There's a woman in town who works with wigs for cancer patients; I'm going to call her for some help. Maybe she can figure out what to do with the front of that wig. That's the one I really like; I don't know how I managed it, but it's pretty much the same color as my natural hair. I've been bald now for two weeks, so even seeing me in hair now is a change. I guess you can get used to anything after a while.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee. Molli was hanging out on the cat tree with me, but decided that a warm bed was better and crawled in with Rick.
  • I want to do a wash load of kitty linens this morning.
  • Spend the afternoon in the Shed. It desperately needs a good vacuuming and the plants need more than a little TLC. I'm not really supposed to be around the house plants during chemo (sometimes I don't understand why things are like that), but they need some work. Rick will be watching PennState this afternoon, so that will give me time to get some work done.
Getting enough fluids is an issue with chemo. My sister gave me a large drinking pitcher to put my water in every morning. Then, during the day, as I drink, I can keep track of how much water I'm getting. The oncologist feels that keep track will motivate me to drink more. And my sister took it to heart. A full pitcher is 48 ounces....that's a lot of water! For me anyway. She liked the pitcher so much, she bought one for Rick and for our BIL and herself.
Good Mornjng my Friend❤

It's not really being around plants thats any kind of risk,as a matter of fact it's a great way to relax and we both know how important it is to have positive,constructive outlets to keep busy and avoid stress while doing something enjoyable. You know the 7 day rule for chemo ( the nadir period) during that time is most important to be extra careful not to be exposed to anything that might cause an infection- the potential risk with plants or gardening is getting scratched,thorns and getting an infection from the soil in an open wound- even a teeny one.Wear gloves and cover your arms and enjoy tending to your plants ❤

Landscaping & garden was the only thing I could enjoy during chemo and my Oncologist encouraged me to have an outlet since I could no long work with the horses,dogs,cats etc- I would have really been climbing the walls if I didn't fuss with the plants when I could..... just be careful not to get any scratches 👍

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, Kwik Kwik ! I do have gloves that I can use. Now I know why. :hugs: It's weird the little things that we don't realize about chemo. That makes sense!
And be aware if you do have any scratches or even a little popped pimple or anything " open" remembering leave nothing like that exposed ❤❤❤❤

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
While I was across town yesterday I stopped at a Savers thrift store and picked up a puzzle and a big prize - a vintage Anchor green glass pie plate with handles. I love this style pie plate and the green is so pretty.

I think today I am going to tackle my linen closet. I would bet about half of what I am storing in there needs to be tossed or can be donated.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
*Got woken up by Geoffrey-- it was past time to get up, anyway.. sleeping late, again. But I did not have a good nights sleep due to a leg cramp and having to use the bathroom. Geoffrey woke me up to tell me he had vomited, in front of his litter box. No poop, just pee.
So, first thing I did was clean it.
* coffee, breakfast
* Geoffrey was not into eating--- still no breakfast and it is almost 2 hours later.. He is going to have a 'clingy' day...Already after me.
* It is a chemo day for him; but, unless he eats, he will not be getting it today; he will get it tomorrow. May be a mirataz day.. sigh
* Regular morning stuff-- but more cuddling with Geoffrey-- he needs his mama
* need to put a couple of Christmas gifts away.. and the CDs, DVDs
* trash
Not sure what else.. playing it by ear.. still. bit foggy and drizzly outside.. I think it has been like this all week. In the 40's.
Not much traffic so I cn hear the tide going out.. Yes, I have a couple of windows cracked, for fresh air.

Not sure about supper either.. have to reorganize my freezer. I have way too much in it. I need to take out some of the frozen blocks, which I use in the warm weather for frozen or cold groceries.
* need to take shrimp out to defrost for tomorrow.

that is about it. It will be mostly a Geoffrey day... sweet boy..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got the Shed cleaned yesterday and all the plants are watered and taken care of. I really hacked away at my pothos; some of those tendrils were a good 10 feet long and intertwined and very scraggly. It was time and I really ripped through the poor thing. Vacuumed, swiffered, all that good stuff out there.
The girls had us up bright and early this morning. It's my fault. I'm awakening earlier and they're getting used to it. I grabbed a quick shower and Rick gave them breakfast.
  • Getting ready to make my dough for the focaccia bread for tonight. I'm making a batch of sticky buns, too, and will share half with our neighbors. My yeast is right around a year old, give or take, and I think I need some new beasties.
  • Change bed sheets and do a quick load of laundry
  • Try to catch a nap this afternoon so I can stay up tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.