Name Three things - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Up early. I awakened around 5:30 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Dragged my sorry butt out of bed at 6:00 and here I am. No white stuff outside, but we had a good 2-1/2 inches of rain yesterday. Several of the counties in central PA were under flash flood watches and warnings. It was ugly.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • I made a batch of drop sugar cookie dough this morning. Will bake them later on, either this afternoon or tomorrow.
  • We're going to hit the grocery store this morning. I need a few things for Christmas dinner.
  • General straightening-up in the kitchen.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
not sure about today..
Yesterday we got hit with that huge storm. We lost power for 3 hours. Good thing it was warm. An old, huge evergreen tree came down, in the courtyard-- It was completely uprooted, and the top snapped off. Another huge evergreen, is at a 45 degree angel.
Trees down and power lines down all over the beach. The coast got hit pretty bad. Some people on the south shore still do not have power.

Today, I do not know what I am doing..
I have stuff to do, but do not want to. I should run out, but I do not want to.. just in a mood...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm tired this morning. Not sleepy, just bone-dragging tired.
  • Breakfast for the girls, emptied the dishwasher, and am back here with my coffee.
  • Change bed sheets and do two loads of laundry (Rick will probably do them for me).
  • I did get the cookie dough made, but must bake them today at some point.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm tired this morning. Not sleepy, just bone-dragging tired.
  • Change bed sheets and do two loads of laundry (Rick will probably do them for me).
  • I did get the cookie dough made, but must bake them today at some point.
So when you make cookie dough it has to be baked right away,,it doesn't keep? Sounds like the type of thing you can be sorry you started- I ask because I know nothing about baking,never baked ( Pillsbury pop n bake is all I ever tried - lol)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today is a very busy day:
* regular morning stuff-- made a phone call, sent a text message...
*medicate Geoffrey
* Corn Hole
* do a quick mini-set up for the Christmas Mass in the building: Put together Advent wreath, My Nativity set, make all is set up correctly.
* Get ready for Mass
*finish setting up.. last minute stuff-- there is an exercise class in the room, just before the Mass.
* take down everything--- a chore
* supper
* collapse.

Geoffrey will probably be on his own for the day--- as he has been a lot, lately. sigh.. poor cat things I am deserting him. He looks at me with his big eyes... as if trying to tell me, "Why are you leaving me alone so much". "I love you and want cuddles, play"... sweet boy.

Gotta get started.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our power may go out today. We got an automated phone call a few days ago that the power company will be working on an adjacent street (our power line feeds in from there) and power may be out between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. If they do not finish the work, rinse and repeat tomorrow. We have a whole house generator but if that's is the source of electricity the Internet is often down. We will see . . .

Have a load of blue jeans and towels in washer, to be transferred to dryer.

It is rather chilly so need to check wood burning stove periodically to see if it needs more wood shoved in there.

Every other week cleaning lady is here making everything tidy and bright. When she leaves, sometime this afternoon, I will start making duck stock and prepare cookie dough for baking tomorrow.

Here are a couple of recent "cat tax" pictures of Domino and Mr Poe for your enjoyment. Hope you like them.

Cats_2023-12_Domino and Mr Poe.jpg . Cats_2023-12_Domino.jpg

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Our power may go out today. We got an automated phone call a few days ago that the power company will be working on an adjacent street (our power line feeds in from there) and power may be out between 9:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. If they do not finish the work, rinse and repeat tomorrow. We have a whole house generator but if that's is the source of electricity the Internet is often down. We will see . . .

Have a load of blue jeans and towels in washer, to be transferred to dryer.

It is rather chilly so need to check wood burning stove periodically to see if it needs more wood shoved in there.

Every other week cleaning lady is here making everything tidy and bright. When she leaves, sometime this afternoon, I will start making duck stock and prepare cookie dough for baking tomorrow.

Here are a couple of recent "cat tax" pictures of Domino and Mr Poe for your enjoyment. Hope you like them.

View attachment 466075. View attachment 466076
Mr Poe( right? Bottom photo) is really smiling- he should be entered in the Smiley Cat photo contest!Did you enter?

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr Poe (for Edgar Allen Poe who wrote The Black Cat, a disturbing short story about guilt) is the black cat on the right in the upper picture. Actually, he's not black but rather a deep brown which shows in strong sunlight. The black and white cat is Domino. He's not really smiling, it is just his black chin that makes it look like he is. Sorry, did not enter contest.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
So when you make cookie dough it has to be baked right away,,it doesn't keep? Sounds like the type of thing you can be sorry you started- I ask because I know nothing about baking,never baked ( Pillsbury pop n bake is all I ever tried - lol)
I freeze cookie dough all the time because if I baked a full batch of cookies, I would eat them all in short order. Usually I form them and then freeze so all I need to do is put them on a cookie sheet and bake.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Mr Poe (for Edgar Allen Poe who wrote The Black Cat, a disturbing short story about guilt) is the black cat on the right in the upper picture. Actually, he's not black but rather a deep brown which shows in strong sunlight. The black and white cat is Domino. He's not really smiling, it is just his black chin that makes it look like he is. Sorry, did not enter contest.
I just saw another thread with Domino and MrPoe together ... I didn't see MrPoe lying next to Domino- he was incognito,lol They are adorable

It really looks like a smile until you pointed out its a marking and I looked closely- beautiful markings btw

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
susanm9006 susanm9006 I used to freeze lumps of chocolate chip cookie dough. Set up the toaster oven, pop in lump(s) of frozen dough as we started dinner, and hey presto, freshly baked, still warm cookies as we were ready for dessert. Remember that it will take a couple of extra minutes than usual because they are frozen.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Whew, these last few days before Christmas are flying by. Drove a distance this morning to visit a bakery for Christmas Day crusty Italian bread. Got the last three loafs (they sell out so fast before a holiday!) and when I got home I wrapped them and stuck them in the freezer. They will get baked for a short while Christmas morning to thaw and will turn out like they were freshly baked.

We hit 40 degrees today so I could resist one more leave cleanup. Cant really get rid of them so they will sit bagged along side the house until Spring.

Also washed bedroom rugs because Willow puked on one yesterday and I need to wash two to keep the washing machine from going out balance.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Kwik Kwik Cookie dough will keep several days in the fridge, but not for a long time. I always like to keep my doughs in the fridge at least overnight because it helps the ingredients mingle in the dough. I usually make the dough one day, toss it in the fridge overnight, and bake the cookies the next day. I freeze baked cookies (in between layers of waxed paper or parchment in tight plastic containers), but I've never actually frozen the dough. Yesterday was just a bad day, I guess. No more cookies this season. I'm done.
  • Rick got up with the girls, but I got up, too. Had my coffee and a couple slices of dry toast. I have developed almost an overwhelming fondness for orange juice.
  • Blood work this morning.
  • I may make microwavable peanut brittle. It's so much easier and faster in the microwave. Ten minutes tops...maybe.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
At home waiting for my Chewy order this morning. I have financial stuff to get done , paying bills etc. and a bit of straightening/cleaning to do after I finish rowing. Just looked outside and it appears Amazon is using Enterprise moving vans to deliver packages - can’t imagine how busy they must be!

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Power did not go out yesterday. It did go out today. But now it is back on, and the Internet is up too.

Delivered two small loaves of fruitcake today, warning people not to handle guns or drive equipment after eating more than one thin slice (my fruitcake is well embellished with brandy.)

Doctor visit.

Stop at feed and mercantile.

Out for lunch.

And now back home.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Today:
did not sleep good AGAIN, last night.. Two nights in a row.. I cannot keep doing this. The night before, I went to bed at 10pm, eyes open an hour later. Got up to watch a Hallmark movie until 1:15AM.. up at 6am
Last night was similar.. except up until 2AM.. and up at 7 am..

fed, medicated G.. He refused breakfast.
did some vacuuming.
Out to Boston
Grocery store for just a few items
home with a cup of coffee
Geoffrey peed, pooped, ate, and upchucked while I was gone. It is a chemo day, but I am skipping it today. He will get it tomorrow.
So tired..
There is a "Holiday" party tonight. At this point, I do not feel like attending it.. but, I told my friends I would be there..

Hopefully, I sleep tonight. I need to be up and out very early tomorrow, so I can hit the bakery and the Italian pasta shop for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.