Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Picked up the house, picked up the Pizzas for dinner and cut up a fresh pineapple for dessert. The grocery was having a buy one, get one free on them and I have to say this is the sweetest fresh pineapple I have bought in a long long time. I am making a cream cheese dip to go with but with such sweet pineapple it is hardly needed. Kids will be here around 4:30.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 We didn't make it out to the shed last night. We had to go to Rick's mom as I had forgotten to take the chocolate-covered pretzels on Saturday night and she let us know on Sunday that she wasn't happy about it. And she needed her Kindle back. Well, I don't know what in the world she did to the Kindle, but it took me well over 90 minutes to fix that thing! The Overdrive app was gone and that's how I get books from the library for her. So that meant that her books were gone, too. The Parental Controls was off (how on earth that happened I have no idea because she does not have the password; I won't give it to her). There were four books on Amazon that she was trying to buy, even though she's not allowed to buy anything (hence the Parental Controls to stop such things). If she wants something, she is to wait until I get there to do it for her. Oh, and those books? Weren't anything she'd be interested in at all. One was a Jack Reacher book and I know she's not interested in Jack Reacher. One was a supernatural book, again, nope, she doesn't read them. I had received an email from the Washington Post, saying that my free subscription had expired. I assumed it was spam, only to see on her Kindle that she had an expired trial subscription to the Post. I have no idea what happened, but it wasn't pretty. I still think somebody at the nursing home is screwing around with her Kindle, much like they tried to do with my Nook when she was using that. Plus, it's really hard for her to see now (her Kindle font is huge), so lord knows what buttons she's really pressing.

Thankfully, I did get it all straightened out yesterday and we ran it up last night. So she had her Kindle back and her chocolate covered pretzels. And I had made sticky buns yesterday, so she had a couple sticky buns, too.

Oh! I did finally make my almond brittle! Yum! It was a beautiful morning yesterday, just perfect for making brittle!

Anyway (sorry for digressing), we got back home, Rick started watching tv, I was pooped, and I went to bed. And that was that.
  • Breakfast for the girls, they let us sleep until 6:45 this morning; that was their Christmas present to us, we assume!, I emptied the dishwasher, and am sitting back here with my morning coffee. I took an apple pie out of the freezer to have for our dessert today.
  • We must go to my sister's to make sure her cats aren't starving, there's plenty of water, and the litterboxes aren't full of poop. I always wash the water dishes and refill with fresh water, divide a can of cat food amongst seven cats (they live on dry, so they're really not starving), and cuddle each cat for a little while. It takes us about 90 minutes to take care of them, sometimes longer if Harley wants to play for a while. I love Harley; when I come into the house and call out, "Where's my Harley-Barley?" he comes running to me. He's an absolutely huge black, foofy cat and I love him dearly. I threaten to take him home every chance I get. And now they have Maggie, a baby that my BIL found at the recycling center. She was just a kitten with a bad case of ringworm when he found her this past summer and she's doing very well now. They have some amazing babies.
  • Trash night tonight and I doubt that will change because of Christmas
And you know what? That's it for the day. I foresee a book or three for this afternoon.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Follow up on the new Dyson vacuum. I tested it out with a quick vacuum of the 8 x 10 low pile rug in the living room and even though I had vacuumed with my old vac a couple of days ago, the Dyson picked up a whole canister of dust and fur. Disgusting but made me very thankful I bought it!
I was amazed at the amount of stuff the Dyson picked up the first time I used it. It's the only vacuum that we ever had that was absolutely spectacular at picking up cat litter. We have the Dyson animal ball and I love it. I'd really like to get the Dyson cordless for the shed.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I think someone is messing about with Rick's mom's KIndle, Maybe she can lock it
when she's not using it.
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Washing my new pjs and throw I got from Nicole, burning Winter, one of my fave B&BB 3 wick scents. Staying home today. THey will bring Christmas dinner over.Not up to going. but I have a very sweet big Cal to snuggle with.💖🎄

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Tending to a corneal abrasion I had severe ones in both eyes about 30 years ago from wearing hard contact lenses and had to wear patches over both eyes. My eyes are sensitive and I can only sleep on my right side so I occasionally get one.when the pillow case is not soft enough.I'm putting warm compresses on ii My have helper buy an eye patch..we'll see

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester I think someone is messing about with Rick's mom's KIndle, Maybe she can lock it
when she's not using it.
I agree Mia6 Mia6 , but we don't know what to do about it. She can't lock it because she can't see well enough to unlock it. It's really frustrating. It's been bad before, but nothing like this. And had she (or whoever) managed to buy those books, I'd have been upset; I don't mind buying and putting a book that she wants on her Kindle and have done so for her, but these are books she has absolutely no interest in at all. I get emails when things are "funky" simply to avoid problems like the Washington Post scenario. And then I can call her and ask her what's going on. This was simply maddening. I changed the code for parental control again. She wanted the code and I wouldn't give it to her; that's the code that stops Amazon purchases and such.

You take care of your eyes! :hugs:
  • We slept in until almost 7:00. Oh, Amber yelled, but even she didn't start in until after 6:00. Sure is a change from getting up really, really early! I'll take it. Breakfast for the girls and I'm sitting back here with my coffee. I'll have to go out and raise the blinds in the shed. It's Rick turn to empty the dishwasher and scoop the boxes.
  • Must run some errands; hit FedEx, Target, etc.
  • We're looking for a blue-ray player. We have a DVD player in the bedroom and I suggested to Rick that we just take that out to the shed, but he wants a blue-ray. I'm going to take my DVDs out to the shed as I can watch them out there. I do re-watch DVDs from time to time, especially SN.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Tea
  • Helper will return today after being gone 3 days. She didn't tell me she was taking Thursday off. When She wasn't here by 8:15 i called Jon and he said she had the day off and that we had talked about it. I told him we most certainly did not and why did she say she would see me on Thursday? On Monday, I told her I wouldn't need her on Eve. When I spoke with Jon he said she was on a plane coming home yesterday.And last week she called off on Thursday and Friday. I think I will have her work today and then tell Jon I'm done. I cannot have someone so unreliable and is such a poor worker.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I agree Mia6 Mia6 You need somebody you can depend on. Good luck!

We did grab a blue-ray yesterday and Rick connected it to the tv; I moved my DVDs out to the shed. We also got a gift card for my sister and BIL and a wheel of baby Swiss for them. They really like "our" cheese ("our" because it's made right out the road from us).
  • Breakfast for the girls and am sitting back here with my coffee. Rick is emptying the dishwasher and he will scoop later. Another 7:00 morning here; Amber fussed a bit, but we stayed in bed until 7:00 anyway.
  • I put the first of two loads of laundry in the washer. I know! It's not even laundry day! :)
  • Vacuum, swiffer, etc. I want to tear the fridge apart and clean it out. And I want to clean out some kitchen cabinets and then wipe down the countertops. Nothing exotic, just a bit of work. Wipe down the bathroom.
  • Vacuum and swiffer the shed.
Some of Rick's friends are coming tomorrow to watch the PSU game. One guy is bringing his wife and I understand that she likes watching football. I'm hoping that they'll all stay out in the shed to watch the game. After the game is over, they'll come into the house and Rick is going to order pizzas.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
. I know! It's not even laundry day!
Lol, funny how a person sometimes just takes the opportunity ;)

Fed cat and fish
Run errands (haircut, pick up a couple lemons and dry chickpeas for Jamie Oliver's lamb recipe I'm doing for Hogmanay/New year's)
Sponge the walls of the Betta tank

Status
Not open for further replies.