Name Three Things - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dealt with the usual - fed cats, had my coffee, fed himself, built fire in stove, moved firewood upstairs, etc.

1) Then we went to the library to borrow some books, to Shoprite for a few things - store was insane but hey, it is Saturday, and it is the Saturday before Christmas.
2) Got gas - Costco would have been out of the way, the roads were crazy near Shoprite so drove by the gas station on the corner and went for the one partway home. Don't like the differential for using a credit card so I paid cash. It was $19. I gave him a $20, said "Happy holidays. Keep the change." Got me a lovely smile and happy holiday wishes in return.
3) Baked the last of the cookies from dough chilling in refrigerator, then mixed and baked a half-batch of chocolate chip cookies - his favorite. And last night I started no-knead bread using the potato water from soaking the shredded potato for pancakes. Should have warmed the refrigerated water - took longer than the usual 18 hour slow rise. Will go into the oven very shortly and then we will have fabulous bread that - as the crust cools and crackles - sings to me.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Boxes
  • Lots of tea
  • Catch up on sleep as I want to be able to enjoy Christmas Eve and Day. Will wash throwa

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had a great time with our son, DIL, and The Grands. Dinner was great and we all ate way too much. We had such a good time. The GF macaroni and cheese was really good as long as it was hot. Once it cooled down, it had a funky texture that I didn't like. Maybe I just wasn't used to it. The kids took a bunch of leftovers with them and there's still enough ham for sandwiches for us today. Any ham after today will go into the freezer for ham and green beans later on.

Our granddaughter was a little down about not having beef pot pie for dinner yesterday. But I told her, "Look, I'm retired now. That means I can come down any time! We'll work it out, I'll come down, and we'll make pot pie!" She thought that was fine. And they have puppies again, so she wants me to come down to see the puppies. (They breed Golden Retrievers)
  • Breakfast for the kids, walked 3 miles and am sitting back here with my coffee. Once it gets light outside, I'll go out to the shed and put the blinds up for the plants. The plants seem to be doing OK.
  • We're going into the market today. Usually it's open on Wednesday, but it's open today because of Christmas this week. I have a few things I want to check out. And then we're going to hit the butcher shop for two nice pork chops that I can fill; that's for our Christmas dinner.
  • I'd like to make the almond brittle today, so I can get it done while the weather is good.
  • A bit of a vacuum around the house today.
  • I may start watching The Mandalorian tonight. The kids were so excited to get the Disney+ bundle and they couldn't wait to start watching that show last night.
And that will be it. Nothing exotic.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been resisting but today I went and bought a Dyson cordless vacuum. Between the old vac, a cat that won’t be groomed and a bathroom reno that has filled the house with dust I have been drowning in dust, debris and cat fur. I though about just a new regular vac but I knew if it was cordless I would likely grab it more often. So, Merry Christmas to me, it came with a soft roller brush for hardwood floors, a carpet roller brush, a small furniture roller brush and a few other accessories. Waiting for it to charge but I feel cleaner all ready.

In addition to vacuuming, I have an office in great need of sorting, and paperwork I hope to get to.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Winchester Winchester Your first Monday of retirement! How does it feel?
It feels weird. I'm sorry, but it just feels weird. Last night, I was lying in bed, thinking about not having to go into work today. And this morning, while I was walking, I looked at the clock, noticed it was 6:30 and, again, I didn't have to go to work. It's still kind of surreal to me. I'm still thinking that I have to get this done or that done now, so that I can have it done before I go back to work. Rick says I'm having a difficult time trying to relax. He's more right than he knows.

I was out in the shed for a while this afternoon and just came back inside. Rick looked at me, "For crying out loud, woman, go back out to the shed! RELAX!"

susanm9006 susanm9006 I'd like to have a cordless vac, too. The Dyson is really heavy to be lugging it back and forth from the house to the shed.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 :hugs:
  • Breakfast for the girls, Rick emptied the dishwasher and scooped, so I could walk 2 miles, stripped the bed sheets and threw them into the washer
  • Three loads of laundry, not including the sheets
  • Must take care of my sister's cats twice today
  • Going to do another vacuum this afternoon because I refuse to do it tomorrow!
And I think that's pretty much it.

Status
Not open for further replies.