Name three things - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
My screen door is frozen shut so I'm going to have to deal with that today. :rolleyes:

clean the house

laundry - need to wash all of our shoveling gear from last night so I can pack it.

We were supposed to have people over to play cards tonight, but two couples have cancelled I' hoping the last couple does too. :cross: It would make my life SO much easier today.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Laundry as usual.

More organizing and cleaning.

The mice need their box cleaned later.

I'm going to try to get another online learning module done for another CEU. I just need a few more to keep my work certification in the registry.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to finish my morning stuff..

Go outside and clear the snow off my car.. and perhaps a bit of pushing of snow around. I do not shovel...done with that.. shoulder, back...

need to go out and do something.. feel cabin fever...

the house needs to be vacuumed and sheets changed, but I am lazy, again..housework is not in my blood...

perhaps make a salad for supper..

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. A friend told me that Cumberland Farms has great coffee & breakfast items so went there this morning. She is right, they do. Had two slices of cheese pizza, a chocolate muffin & 2 cups of coffee for breakfast. The coffee is delicious - all coffee is .99 cents no matter the size & it's just as good as Dunkin Donuts. Took a very long walk home, which I loved. So nice to be out of the house.
  2. Lots of ice with the snow, which I hate. Ice is my #1 enemy during my daily walks.
  3. Saw children sledding with their dog in a local park. The doggie was enjoying himself so much.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
@Primula    Do you have spikes for you shoes.. I ordered them on line, years ago. They are a life saver when there is ice. You can put them on your shoes, boots.. I love mine..

I will look up the name of them, if you would like...

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Primula
   Do you have spikes for you shoes.. I ordered them on line, years ago. They are a life saver when there is ice. You can put them on your shoes, boots.. I love mine..

I will look up the name of them, if you would like...
I got all the gear you can imagine! Ice trax is what they are called. Two winters ago I slipped on ice even with wearing them, but I will not go out without them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I used my YakTrax yesterday on my walk at lunch because several people haven't shoveled their sidewalks yet.. I've not fallen with them yet. *knock on wood* I probably go through a pair every year. You're not supposed to walk on them on a bare surface, but sometimes I can't help it. 

The cats were in a fine uproar this morning. Pepe and Amber were yelling, Mollipop and Muffin were arguing, Tabby was racing back and forth in the hallway. And Jackie was pacing around the bedroom. Must have been the full moon....they were all in fine form! After Tabby jumped on Rick's kidneys for the third time, we figured that maybe they wanted us to get out of bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, 5 miles on the treadmill this morning, and I'm going in to grab a shower soon. I'm really sweaty (it was a combination of walking, semi-dancing and singing; when I came upstairs, Rick asked me what in the world I was doing down there! 
     It was a good workout.)
  • Errands: banking, Target, Ulta
  • Rick is taking me out for breakfast this morning as an early Valentine's (we'll be working on Tuesday)
  • I am making him snickerdoodles this afternoon (shhhh, he doesn't know it yet 
     I put the butter in the microwave to soften this morning when he had The Beast outside)
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the house, while Rick works on cleaning his desk (and hopefully, under his desk; there's a bunch of union stuff that needs to be weeded through under there)
I'm trying to talk him into watching a couple movies tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We did watch two movies last night: Suicide Squad with Will Smith (I fell asleep about 15 minutes in) and The Inferno (stayed awake for that one). When we watch movies, there's usually one that I'll fall asleep while watching. It never fails.
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied the dishwasher, Rick scooped boxes, 3 miles on the treadmill, stripped the bed down
  • Getting ready to start the third load of laundry this morning
  • Manicure tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
This morning came very quickly. I have decided that I'm allergic to Mondays. 

• Breakfast for the kids, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a shower
  • Must run to the store over lunch today. I have a V-Day card for Rick, but I thought I'd buy a bag of mini Reese's PB cups for him, too, as a surprise. He loves those things.
  • I don't know if I have to stay over for the Planning Commission meeting tonight yet. I was hoping not to, but a time extension for plan expires at the meeting tonight and I have no revised plans or any kind of new information. We may have to deny the plan and that will have to happen at the meeting.
  • Groceries tonight
This morning, I came upstairs from the treadmill. Rick had just brought The Beast back in the house from her second pee and he said, "Pamela? Pamela, do I have to hide your walking shoes this morning?" What that meant was that we are to have wind gusts as high as 50 mph and he doesn't want me walking outside at lunch today. So I told him that I am not walking outside today. And then he made me promise. I absolutely hate walking in those high winds, so I did squawk about it. It's really gusty outside this morning and it's to be very nasty this afternoon.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  1. Walked through a snowstorm to mass yesterday. Homily lasted only a minute or so since the priest did not want to delay us getting home. Mass was sparsely attended in any event.
  2. Bright, cold & very windy today. So many office buildings that create horrible wind tunnels.
  3. We're halfway through February, which is good weatherwise.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much on our agenda for today. I did end up staying for that meeting last night, so didn't get out of work until later.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, took ten minutes or so to do some general straightening-up a bit, grabbed a quick shower
  • Must scoop the boxes tonight
  • A quick vacuum about the house
And I think that will pretty much be it for me today

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hump Day today....I'm just waiting for Friday.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.75 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, grabbed a quick shower, a wee bit of straightening-up (put the mail away, put some stuff away in the kitchen that Rick took out of the dishwasher, stuff like that)
  • Walking over to the farmers' market during lunch today for tomatoes, stuffing mushrooms and fresh garlic
  • Trash night, so clean out litter boxes
  • A couple loads of laundry

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Regular morning stuff.

Medicate Artie

Sub-Q's for Artie

Made salad for supper

going to noontime Mass

dropping some things over to a friend

Trader Joes

Getting my hair done...

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, do you and Rick grow your own veggies?

1. 7 a.m. Rosary Prayer. Should not have worn UGGS there since they are hopeless in icy conditions. Managed not to fall.
  2. Dunkin coffee afterwards. Crazy nut there acting out & cursing in front of children. Could not get involved as then he would never shut up.
  3. Why is Dunkin coffee so expensive? Recently discovered Cumberland Farms where any size coffee is 99 cents. A large Dunkin coffee is $2.55.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We've had a veggie garden for years; last year was the first in a while that we didn't put a garden out.

Normally, we have asparagus (been working on a nice asparagus bed now for about three years), broccoli, beans (green and wax), lots of corn, tomatoes, strawberries, butternut squash, lots and lots of green and mariachi peppers, some jalapeno peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, regular and purple onions, horseradish, carrots. I managed to grow some fantastic cucumbers one year, and one year only. Since then, the cucumber plants wilt on me and I've given up on cukes. I tried acorn squash, got the cutest little acorn babies and then they completely disappeared. I tried red beets last year and didn't get even one. We have blueberry plants, too, and hopefully, they'll really start producing this summer. 

One thing we can grow well is butternut squash. And that's good because I dearly love them. The beasts in the area beat us to the corn now for the last two years. Rick was furious when we lost the battle with the coons.

I'd like to grow cabbage, but Rick says it's too much work because of the cabbage worms, We need to read up on things.

He has been promising me raised garden beds now for about three years. I have yet to see them.

We do a lot of composting, too.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick and I are taking vacation days today. One of his cousin's passed away (he was only in his early 70s) and we're going to the viewing this morning. I suppose I could go into work afterward, but.....nahhh. I have vacation days coming that I need to get used up anyway, so I'm taking advantage. Even though Rick is also off, he has to go in late this afternoon for a union meeting. And then he's bowling early tonight.
  • Breakfast for the kids, will be grabbing a shower soon (no treadmill, boogered my foot up a bit when I stepped in a pothole yesterday)
  • Attending the viewing this morning (and then stopping in to see Rick's mother; she fell again last night and ended up in the ER with a badly bruised left arm)
  • Working on laundry now (when I realized I would be off work today, I got lazy and let the laundry go last night)
And that will be it.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We both ended up going to work yesterday. He is at work this morning, but will be coming back home to attend the viewing. I'm at home today.
  • Breakfast for the kids, 4 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, and scooped boxes. Getting ready to take a shower.
  • Will go into work after the viewing to pick up my paycheck and a cookbook that I had ordered from Amazon and that should be there sometime this morning. My co-worker is going to text me when it gets in and he'll keep it for me.
  • I need to go to JCP to return a pair of pants. I don't like the style and they're too baggy on me. I've been meaning to get that done and kept forgetting about it.
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer about the living room this afternoon.
  • We might go to the mall tonight.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, why do you want raised beds? Easier to work with - no digging?

1. Cleaned bathroom after breakfast. Played my rock & roll playlist really loud, which made it slightly more bearable.
  2. Went to Dunkin to redeem my free coffee coupon.
  3. In an evil mood today so staying quiet upstairs with my furry bubbas & my iPad.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meant to post this morning but forgot

I took my mice to the vet. One now has an eye issue and dermatitis. The vet prescribed some meds and wants a recheck in a week. I think I bought contaminated bedding from Petco's Black Friday sale last year. The mite issue started after I opened the new bag. I bought new bedding today from Petsmart and used it when I cleaned the mice box out. I'll throw out the old bag of bedding since I don't want to donate a bag of possibly contaminated bedding to a shelter.

I dropped off an Amazon return at the UPS store. I ordered a medium sized fleece sweater but it's a bit too big. I re-ordered the item in a small size and added a tube of hairball gel for the cats to the order.

Shopped at Target for face cream and shampoo and got some Valentine's Day themed cat toy balls for $1. Emma loves balls.

Doing the last load of laundry now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Pam, why do you want raised beds? Easier to work with - no digging?

Yes. Well, there's still digging, but there's not a lot of bending way over when you're working with raised beds. He keeps promising me, but......

We were talking this morning about doing a garden this year. I'm kind of anxious to see what we have in the garden; last fall, I tried an experiment. I laid out newspapers over about half the garden, then we covered the newspaper with leaves. The idea was that it will keep the weeds down. Then when Rick tills the garden this spring, he'll just till the newspaper down (either that or I can pick the papers up and toss into the compost pile). I don't know how well it worked, or even if it did. 

The seed and plant catalogs have been arriving in the mail.
  • Breakfast for the kids, made the bed, I need to scoop
  • Errands this morning: banking, Target, grocery store, Staples
Rick is going down to the kids today to bowl. Every so often he'll go down and they'll go out bowling. I'm not going along. And to be honest, I'm not planning on doing much of anything today. I may grab my Nook and my iPad and spend the day either on the couch or on the bed reading. I just got a new air-frying cookbook from Amazon yesterday, so I want to check that out.

I vacuumed and dusted and cleaned yesterday, so not much to do overall anyway. Usually when he goes down to bowl, he stays for dinner, so I probably won't bother with dinner tonight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.