Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
- Get Sara to the vet (and hope it's nothing more than what I'm thinking it is)
- Weigh in for the kitties after the scale arrives (!!!)
- Try not to freak out over Sara

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today we're waiting for the wood stove dudes to arrive, they'll put in the new stove.

kitties have already had their breakfasts, and their 'gooey'

i'll scoop the litter boxes, give all the cats their evening dose of 'gooey', work on the chewy order, call countrymax to see if they keep in stock the rad cat raw or if i need to order it, ..........................

well, the new wood stove is now put in (and my floors are back to relatively clean again -- will need a good mopping, and possibly running over them with my steam cleaner too), and i'm starting the seasoning process. i didn't know i could get the complete seasoning done in about 24 hours, just assumed it was a 3-4 days process, so now i'm stoked that i'll have full-on glorious radiant heat starting tomorrow morning!

....but to continue...

...possibly work on my shopping list for early february, and then.........watch some tv and 'vegetate' for a while. i'm pooped already!

@Donutte -- sending
for you and your Sara, that it's something easily treated.

Last edited:

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
@Donutte
-- sending :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for you and your Sara, that it's something easily treated.
Thank you! She has a tooth resorption, which means she will likely need a tooth extraction. The vet I saw today will talk it over with my vet and the third vet in the practice (mine is out till Monday) and then will call me on Monday with the collective recommendation. She has a lot of health issues, and therefore more risk, but his personal recommendation was that it be pulled. It would have to wait anyway because they can't do it this week so will let them discuss on Monday and get back to me.

Trying to prepare myself mentally at this point.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- hair cut and highlight
- some type of exercise
-pay bills

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Donutte, are you talking about FORL (Feline odontoclastic resorptive lesion)? Our Rainbow Kitty, Banshee, had that, too, and she lost several teeth as a result. I wish Sara the best of luck. 

On my list for today:
  • Scooped the boxes this morning and swept the bathroom floor, computer room floor, and bedroom floor of litter; even with litter mats, there's usually a litter trail. Made the bed (I always do make the bed when there are no cats on it. Then I keep the electric blanket turned on until I go to work; that way, it stays warmer for them when they decide to come back for their nap.) Cut up another apple for The Beast; she gets several apple chunks as a treat when she comes in from being outside. Took the dishes out of the dishwasher, and straightened up the computer room a bit. Put away some clean clothes from last night's laundry-fest. It's amazing what I can get done in the morning before going to work when I'm not on the treadmill.
  • I put gas in my car this morning on my way to work. For the first time in years, we are below $2.00 a gallon in central PA for gas. 
     I don't know how long it will last.
  • Need to start working on menus again. I used to do that and then I always knew what we were having for dinner for the week. I've stopped it and I need to do it again as it's the only way this weight loss thing is going to work for me. I would write my menus down, write the recipes down, and then write down the calorie info. That way, I knew exactly what I was eating every night. And it was so much easier. Time to start going through my cookbooks. I can make up my menus along with checking the grocery flyer and going through coupons. Our store now puts their flyer in Thursday newspaper.

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
South Carolina (California native-Sacramento)
Hello friends!
Donutte-I'm praying for you and Sara!!![emoji]128591[/emoji]

Last couple days:
Checking on 6 baby goats and their mothers
Milking out Audrey's left side(utter)to prevent Mastitis. (she bagged up and Chloe's only nursing the right which is causing the left to get so full it's red and bulging. Could cause infection to mama and baby. Had same problem with Sassy last season.)
Feeding cats,goats and chickens. (Oh and ducks!)
Cleaning out poo boxes,barns and coop
Chores in house
Watering all animals
Fresh pool water for quacks
Buy new bale of hay for goats

Relax my poor back injury at some point.......ohhhhhhhh so much pain. [emoji]128554[/emoji]
Chat with my buddies on this awesome site!
Play a few games
Go nauny! [emoji]128564[/emoji]

Update: Audrey's utter is completely back to normal! Praise the Lord! No infection. Both mama and baby are healthy and happy. [emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128512[/emoji][emoji]128512[/emoji][emoji]128512[/emoji]

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Leaving at noon today and taking a few hours of vacation. That, combined with having Monday off for the MLK holiday, will give me a nice long weekend. 
  • Unloaded the dishwasher and wiped down the kitchen. Washed and dried all the water dishes and Jackie's water and food dishes. Scooped the boxes. Made the bed, but kept the electric blanket on for a while for BooBoo's old bones; then I gently flopped him on the bed for a nap. Took the trash out to the can and took the recyclables down to the bins in the basement. Grabbed a quick shower and here I am.
  • When I get back home, I'd like to do a quick vacuum and Swiffering about the house.
  • Errands tonight: Lowes, Dick's, PetSmart, etc.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely nothing, except maybe a quick dusting, and possibly putting some laundry away

Still feeling like I am fighting this mini-cold...it is lingering so long...

more asthmatic symptoms, losing voice, clearing throat, a slightly stuffy nose, feelings of hot and cold at various times. and a huge feeling of exhaustion..once in a while a cough.

So I am resting, and taking it really slow, relaxing with Artie..

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Artiemom, I hope you're feeling better soon. 
 Take care!
  • Banking this morning and I think we're going to take The Beast out onto the Trail for a good walk after we go to the banks. We're at 35 degrees right now and the temp is to rise fairly quickly this morning to get into the high 30s. It will do her good and will do us some good, too. Jackie really does well in the truck with us. We are surprised at how well she took to going along with us. We never leave her alone in the truck; one of us stays with her always.
  • While Rick is working in the basement this afternoon, I'm going to work a bit on my document for work. I brought some pictures home from work that I want to put together into the new chapter I'm working on. Just finished Chapter 3 yesterday and am starting Chapter 4. The text is pretty much written, so now it's a matter of putting it together in InDesign with some pictures, maps, graphs, etc. I love doing stuff like this! It doesn't even seem like actual work.
  • I'm going to make the dough for some Garlic Parmesan Rolls tonight. The dough rises in the fridge overnight and then tomorrow morning, I'll form the rolls and bake them. Rick and his sister are spending Sunday working on cleaning their mom's house. For a bit of lunch for them, I'm thinking of some split pea soup from our freezer with some rolls to go with. And maybe some applesauce brownies, depending on how lazy I am about making them. I know there's some applesauce in the fridge leftover from Rick's work lunches this past week.
  • Other than that, it's just standard litter box scooping, general straightening in the house, etc.

Last edited:

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Artiemom- I hope you are better soon,too! I'll be saying a special prayer for you,sweetheart. [emoji]10084[/emoji]️ Way to go Artie for being your mamas comfort! Animals are too awesome!!!

Haven't done much today.....
Had a very hard time getting out of bed.....my back injury is flaring up so bad!!!
Basic chores inside:trash,recycling,scooped and added litter,dishes,cooked,vacuuming,anda shower.
My awesome husband fed all animals -I filled goats hay bags
Checked on baby goats and mothers utters
Just taking it easy for the rest of the day.......hoping to also get rid of this lingering headache

Maybe play a few games online later...after doodling around on this site![emoji]128522[/emoji]

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Started the first of a couple loads of laundry. Scooped the boxes. Changed the bed sheets and will add the dirty ones to the laundry. Formed and baked the Garlic Parmesan Rolls.
  • While Rick and his sister are up at their mom's house today, I'm planning on vacuuming and dusting throughout the house. 
  • I need to sweep in the basement. Rick hasn't had time to do it lately. He finally got the outdoor Christmas stuff back into their bins in the basement, so I could put the bins away, too, while I'm at it. Working in the basement could take me a while.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
already done...

cat's breakfasts -- they all need to eat separately now, my breakfast, scooped 4 litter boxes, added wood to the stove -- haven't needed to dump the ash pan yet

still to do, shortly...

cats snacks, settle the girls in their 'kitty apartment' for a nap, while the girls are napping -- make the pork fried rice and do the dishes then do a little work with my budget

a side note:  i overnighted a stool sample of Allie's to our vet's, to test for parasites; test results were that no parasites were found! yay!

glory jasmine

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
MickNsnicks2mom- I'm so happy for you that Allie is free of parasites! Yay yay!!

Didn't get to coop. Did fluff hay in goat barns. We had lots of rain. Had to add some hay around outside of barns to help soak up ground and prevent a mess!

Watch football all day with my handsome husband! Woot!
In between feeding all nanimals!
And spending quality time with my 11 goats!( 6 of them are the newborns[emoji]128536[/emoji])
And playing with my three cats!

Later-
Scoop poo
Do dishes
Play games

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
One of my GFs is coming down around 10 and we're heading out to do some shopping. I will be checking out some clothing and hoping that there are some good buys on late winter tops and pants. Maybe a new pair of boots or shoes. Underwear. All that good stuff. I hope I can find a pair of YakTrax at this point, but it's late January, so I might be too late. I'd also like to check out some things for the house: tablecloths, still didn't buy blinds for the bedroom, a spring comforter for the bed. All kinds of stuff. We'll head down to the mall, go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond, hit Dicks, Target, etc. Wherever she wants to go, too. It's been a while since I've really been out and about and I'd like to make a nice day of it.

But before she gets here, I need to:
  • Scoop the boxes and walk The Beast. 
  • Just some general clean-up about the house, get the breakfast dishes in the dishwasher, make the bed, etc.
  • Tonight Rick and I will grab a few groceries.
I started working on a headache last night, right around my eyes, and it's still here this morning. Not bad, but enough to let me know that it's here.

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- go out and push some snow around
- pay some bills
- scoop Abby's upstairs box

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MickNsnicks2mom- I'm so happy for you that Allie is free of parasites! Yay yay!!

thank you! i was so very happy about that too! our vet thought maybe a risk of coccidia, which (of course) everyone here would have been treated for but would have been a big worry for me.

today, already done...

breakfasts for kitties and myself, then scooped the litter boxes, and took out the trash. also cleaned up a very messy spilled can of soda (the girls, happened while playing with their toys).

still to do...

will give all three cats a snack shortly, then settle the girls in for a nap. while they're napping, i'll heat up my lunch, write up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day, and get the chewy order ready to place. later this afternoon, i'll run the washing machine.

donutte

Top Cat
Purraise
Still to do...

- Shlep some water upstairs for the toilet (it's not filling up for some reason, grrr), have to get a plumber but horrible timing
- Call the vet this afternoon; they said to call them if I don't hear from them by 2pm, need to get their collective recommendation re: Sara's bad tooth
- Feed Sara and Maple their 2nd meal of the day; they are both getting canned at least three times daily as of today

Status
Not open for further replies.