Name three things - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
honestly, i'm not doing overly much today. i'm just finished with 3 days of chores, so i'm all caught up (and then some) with those.

today i'm continuing to work on some things with my computer system, worked on my budget a bit, scooped the litter boxes, and changed a bunch of passwords.

mostly, i'm trying to just sit back and relax, enjoy the quiet day here.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the furkids, cleaned out the dishwasher, while Rick cleaned out the litter boxes. He's now snoozing on the sofa and I'm on the computer.
  • Errands: Get the recyclables down to the recycling center, banking, Lowes, (maybe) the mall, grab some groceries for Rick's mom (just snack-type foods that she wants)
  • I need to mow the weeds
  • A quick vacuum, Swiffer, wipe down the kitchen and bathroom
I would like to go through some of my bureau drawers tonight. I have a lot of very old X-Large tees that I wear to bed. The thing is that they're getting a bit holey from Molli's claws when she kneads me at night in bed and when I pick her up; she puts these tiny little pin-holes in my shirts. I should just get rid of them, but they're so comfy. My Large tees are now like the X-Large tees used to be, so I could start wearing those to bed now, I guess. And wear my Mediums for walking and around the house. I need to clean our drawers and sit what I have.

Same with my closet. I can put some of the 10s away now because they're way too loose. I need to go through clothes.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll be making another batch of watermelon rind jelly today, and canning it. i'll have some extra liquid pectin from this, so will make another (partial) batch of blueberry jam in a few days -- store the extra pectin in the fridge in the meantime.

i'll wash the dishes and scoop the litter boxes.

after that, i'm thinking i'll do some reading today and possibly watch a movie (an old movie) or two.

also, will do some more online research.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast routine, Rick cleaned the boxes while I started laundry, sheets are changed on the bed
  • A quick vacuum this morning (didn't get it done yesterday as the mowing took longer than I thought it would)
  • Some weeding (it is supposed to rain this afternoon)
  • Manicure and hair conditioning tonight (I started using Olaplex on my hair once a week as a conditioning treatment)
And that will be it, I think

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to the office this morning......
  • Breakfast for the furkids, scooped the boxes, emptied out the dishwasher, grabbed my shower, etc.
  • No groceries tonight as Rick wanted to go late Sunday afternoon
  • Work in the basement. Most of the things are put away again, but we still have some things to do down there.
  • It's an exercise night tonight

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It has been a busy weekend for me but today mostly has been:

Keeping Flash and Sooty apart (Took Flash to the vet yesterday she wasn't her usual self and I wasn't 100% if she had been for a poop and now Sooty is hissing at her all the time but they have gotten better today not as much hissing and no more swiping)

Ive done 4 loads of washing because I am moving again and don't want to take any of the damp smell with me.

And last but not least I have painted my nails

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We were both sleeping soundly when the furkids started yelling for breakfast this morning. And we didn't want to get out of bed.
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, emptied the dishwasher, made the bed, got my shower, etc. 
  • We had to take Clarence (PT Cruiser) down to the garage for an oil change. After he comes back, then I'm taking Hannah (Tucson) down for her oil change.
  • Scoop the boxes
  • Vacuum the basement and dust a bit. I think that will pretty much take care of things down there now. It looks nice and clean. I should wash the windows, too, while I'm down there tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, scooped the boxes, made the bed, and grabbed a quick shower
  • Returned a library book on my way into work this morning
  • We have to pick up Clarence tonight after his oil change. 
  • Trash night, so clean the litter boxes.
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer in the living room
And I think that will be it.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today i finished up the last of my busy day things. i put up the last of the new batch of cat wall furniture (has all been properly inspected and approved of by my three cats), washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took out the trash, picked up the mail at the post office. i discovered a drippy leak in one of my walls, so called the roofers -- it's a metal roof under 2 years old, and has guarantees and warranties 'till kingdom come' and back. trimmed my hair and finger/toe nails, then took a nice warm shower.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I'm taking a vacation day as the washer is to be delivered some time this afternoon. Going to be a bit busy.....
  • Breakfast for the kids, 2.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed
  • Hopefully some laundry as it's starting to pile up a little (I don't like to do more than 3 loads in one day because we're on a well and we've not been getting much in the way of a good, soaking rain)
  • Vacuum, dust, wipe down kitchen and bathroom, etc.
  • I need to go downstairs and wipe down part of the basement floor with plain water. We had a bit of a mini-flood yesterday when the valve to the water softener malfunctioned and the salty water ran out. I need to get rid of the salt crystals on the floor, to avoid pitting. Rick did get most of it up last night, but I'm going to go over it again with warm water. Then I'll use the wet-dry vac to clean it up and let it dry. With the dehumidifier running, it won't take long to dry. (But it's the point of the thing.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, emptied out the dishwasher, 3 miles on the treadmill, while Rick scooped the boxes this morning
  • 3 loads of laundry (maybe 4, if I decide to do the cats' stuff, too)
  • I put a stick of butter in the microwave to soften a bit, must make snickerdoodles this afternoon; I may make some macadamia and white chocolate chip cookies, too...haven't decided yet.
  • Cooking a pot of pasta sauce for the freezer this afternoon
  • Errands: Banking, Target, liquor store for bourbon for the grilled wings, etc.
  • A quick vacuum and Swiffer throughout the living room and kitchen

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'll slice the loaf of bread machine bread i made yesterday, wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, and take out the trash. i'm thinking i'll pre-measure the dry ingredients for two batches of bread machine greek pitas today. and i'll select the day this coming week that i'll get the sourdough starter going again -- we're forecast for two or three very warm/hot days, and i think one of those days would be ideal. i'll also organize some bills to be paid, and pay one bill today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Cats had us up bright and early this morning.....no sleeping in with this bunch of clowns.

I did two loads of laundry this morning, one for all the cat blankets and stuff and I changed the bedsheets and threw them in the laundry. Rick put the clean sheets on the bed, so I could start cooking.

So the pork is on the grill and I just gave it its first mop with the mop sauce. The grill is nice and smoky from the mesquite chips; everything looks good. Just took the pie out of the oven and the beans are cooking away in the crock pot. I made the potato salad early this morning. And I'm making the iced tea now....we're going to do a jug of mint tea with the last of the fresh mint and a jug of peach tea. (I don't think we're going to get much more in the way of mint in the garden; we are just too darn dry at this point). I made Snickerdoodles yesterday; there are a few for our dinner, some for Rick to take to Portland and some for my niece.

Rick is vacuuming in the living room and I'll do a quick Swiffer when he's finished. He did the litter boxes this morning. He'll go up and bring his mom down to the house around 1:30 or so. 

And I think that will be pretty much it. After everybody leaves tonight, I'm going to crash.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Breakfast for the kids, 3.5 miles on the treadmill while Rick cleaned out the litter boxes
  • One load of laundry, towels, washcloths, etc.
  • A few errands: I got a $10 coupon from PetSmart in my email....buy $30, get $10 off of Purina stuff and it expires today), must return a hose to Lowes, must grab some groceries
  • My sister has a small dumpster at her house and she said we could bring over a few items, if we wanted. Well, there's always something in the basement that can get thrown out and Rick has a small pile of stuff we're going to take over this morning.
  • I'm conditioning my hair right now before my shower. I'm going to cut my nails down a bit, too, this morning, and will polish them tonight

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- make spaghetti sauce from the tomatoes I picked in the garden
- laundry and general straightening/unpacking
-trying to catch up on here a little

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been getting up later in the mornings for the past week. I can tell the days are getting shorter and it is darker in the morning. The sun usually wakes me up before 7AM...

Got up after 8 AM this morning.

1 Regular morning stuff, including Artie's meds..

2 Had to rewash a throw of Artie's because of some poop on it.. 

3 While I was waiting for that, I started going through my canned and jarred goods. I did toss out quite of bit of stuff. If it was not so much past the expiration date, then I would send it to the food pantry, as I usually do..

Did a lot of purging, reorganizing of things. 

4 Dumped the trash,

5 Went to grocery store for a few things--it was so mobbed there! 

Tried another store for one item.. just one of those inexpensive faucet sprayers which connects to the kitchen sink. I finally found it.. but when I unpacked my items, it was not there!!! SO mad!!  

Hopefully it fell out of the bag and is in the trunk of my car!! 

6 Called a neighbor, she has a brand new awesome (according to her) lint brush for cat fur, which she does not use. I can really use it! But she is not home!! just playing telephone tag..

Sleepy weather.. wind is rusting the trees...

oops, more than 3... 

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went for my daily 2-hour walk.
Bought a spring roll & veggie lo mein from local Chinese. Kind of yucky. Haven't stepped foot in that place for at least 20 years.
Finished brilliant BBC series Happy Valley on DVD.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to the office today after a 3-day holiday weekend. I think we should have more 3-day weekends! 

• Breakfast for the gang, 3.25 miles on the treadmill, made the bed, scooped the boxes, grabbed a shower.
  • Somehow our Samsung fridge got into Demo Mode and the cooling mechanism got turned off. I have no idea how it happened or what's going on. We moved all the food from the freezer into the basement freezers and I brought some refrigerated items into work and put them in my fridge in my cube. I turned the cooling mechanism back on and then did a Power Freeze and a Power Cold to try to get the temps back down. It will take a while, though, so I'm hoping that things will be OK when I get back home after work. Otherwise, I'm going to have to call a repair weenie. We got all the freezer stuff moved and most of the fridge stuff (milk, eggs, yogurt, chesse, etc.).
  • I think I'm going up to my co-worker's house during lunch today. I will be cat-sitting on Friday night so he can go to a concert. And I'm spending the night there as he's not coming home until some time late Saturday morning. I need to know the feeding routine for his cats, where he keeps the scoop, where the treats and toys are, all that good stuff. I'm spending the night there because he's a worry-wart when it comes to his cats and he doesn't want them there alone overnight, I'm going to sleep on the couch. His cats are used to me, so it shouldn't be a problem. I think we're going up today at lunch, but I'm not sure. (He has two absolutely gorgeous Maine Coon boys; honestly, those cats are just beautiful, way too pretty to be males). I'm rather looking forward to staying there overnight because it will be one night that I don't have to deal with my own screaming tribe at 4:00 in the morning!!!
  • It's an exercise night and since I didn't get any exercise in during the weekend other than my PT stretches and the treadmill, I really need to get back into the swing.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Winchester, isn't that number 3, of things that have gone wrong (the washing machine being number 2, and i don't remember what thing number 1 was)? if so, that should finish that trend for a while.

today, i'll do the usual chores (wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes). i may be making some phone calls or sending some emails later today too.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

@Winchester, isn't that number 3, of things that have gone wrong (the washing machine being number 2, and i don't remember what thing number 1 was)? if so, that should finish that trend for a while.

today, i'll do the usual chores (wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes). i may be making some phone calls or sending some emails later today too.
Gosh, I hope so! And I hope that turning the cooling mechanism on is all that's wrong and that the fridge is cooling down nicely by now. We don't know how it got turned off to begin with.....and that's worrisome in itself.

1. The washing machine tub rusted out

2. The water softener malfunctioned (and we're still not sure if it's working properly, to be honest. I told Rick that I haven't heard the softener backwash all weekend. It's set to start the cycle around 6:00 a.m. or so and to cycle through every third day. But every time the power goes out, and the power has been going out frequently lately, that sets the cycle ahead, so I think we're up to about 8:00 a.m. or so. He needs to reset the thing so it starts in again around 6:00. I do try to pay attention to things like this, so I know what's going on in the house. But he never listens to me anyway, so I don't know why I bother. I'm going to get frustrated enough to call the plumber myself; if there's a bill to pay, maybe he will take me more seriously. I do think there's a problem.)

3. And now the kitchen fridge

That's three. And that's enough!

Status
Not open for further replies.