Top Cat
Purraise

Glad you're feeling better....
  • Working on laundry
  • Must get the recycling down to the center
  • Must finish errands for Rick's parents and do our own errands
  • We both have eye appts early this afternoon
thank you!

today i did the usual things as well as make some jello with fruit. i've got my to do list prepared for tomorrows busy day.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Rick brought me into work as we had to take his truck down to the garage last night; his Check Engine Soon light came on, so it's best to get it checked out. The appt is for today, but we took it in last night and left it there. He was going to take Hannah and I was going to drive Clarence, but when he brings me into work so early, then I get out early. He can just pick me up on his way home from work. It works out better that way, even though I'm up early to get ready to leave when he leaves.
  • We'll have to check in at the garage to see what's wrong with his truck. Hopefully it's not something that will break the bank.
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight. Salmon is on sale, so we'll pick up some pieces...some for this week and some for the freezer. I love grilled salmon. Chuck roast is on sale, too, for $2 off per pound, so I'm going to pick up a few roasts for the freezer. That's pretty much it, other than cat food and litter. 
  • Scoop the boxes.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Planning Commission meeting right after work tonight. We are revising their Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance. I'm bringing the first two chapters for their review. Should be an interesting meeting.
  • One of Rick's buddies is having some computer issues and he asked Rick if he could borrow me for a few hours to help him. After the PC meeting tonight, I'm going to his buddy's house to see what I can do. I told him that I don't work for free, but I do work cheap....a nice big mug of black coffee is all I need. 
And that may be pretty much it. I don't know what the computer problem will involve. And I don't know that I can take care of it either. But we'll see.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Going to the Dr. for a check up after work.

Picking up my oldest daughter from her dads.

Go home and cook supper.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfast, then relaxed at the computer and talked on the phone for a bit
  • got the bread making in the bread machine
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, and bundled up the trash
  • made a tossed salad for my lunch -- it was well past breakfast time, so i skipped making breakfast and moved forward with my lunch
  • got the wood stove going again
  • took the loaf of bread out of the bread machine, and it's still cooling on the rack on the kitchen counter
  • paid a bill

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the supermarket.
Toolol me to lunch. I had a stuffed potato.
It was very nice.
Then I went and bought me 2 new nail polishes. China glaze?

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Oooh, Judy, I love China Glaze nail polishes! I've a bunch of them now. I get them at a local beauty supply store.
  • Hair appt after work today
  • Trash night, so clean out the litter boxes
  • 3 loads of wash separated on the hallway floor waiting for me tonight (and when I left for work Muffin was curled up in the clothes basket, snuggled in on the load of t-shirts)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oooh, Judy, I love China Glaze nail polishes! I've a bunch of them now. I get them at a local beauty supply store.

• Hair appt after work today
  • Trash night, so clean out the litter boxes
  • 3 loads of wash separated on the hallway floor waiting for me tonight (and when I left for work Muffin was curled up in the clothes basket, snuggled in on the load of t-shirts)
are they good? Don't chip after one shower! Here they cost me roughly $10 a bottle. Is that cheap or expensive?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a sudden quick walk to the supermarket.
Did some shopping.
Carried heavyish stuff home which I'm not supposed do. Bad back.
Was very hot when I came home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Some computer work tonight
And I think that may be it, other than the scooping. Rick is bowling late tonight.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfast, then went back to bed for another hour and a half (i lost about that same amount of sleep last night while having some gastro upset)
  • called my mom, our weekly chat
  • made my breakfast
  • sliced the loaf of bread i had baked the other day
  • froze the second pan of cornbread -- will use that in making slow cooker turkey and dressing recipe coming up in the next week
  • cut up some veggies for crudites, to go with the dip i made
  • made (baked) buffalo dip -- didn't have buffalo in it! this used up the half bar of cream cheese and almost all the rest of the mozzarella cheese shred in my fridge
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash, brought in the newspaper -- it's darn cold outside today, mid-30's!
oh, and i dumped the wood stove ash pan too, then added more wood to the stove.

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Got up, got ready for work

Fed the babies

At work now (playing on the computer)

Getting my hair cut after work

Going to Relay for Life at school tonight (in honor of my dad and many more friends and family)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Micknsnicks2mom! I love buffalo dip! I'll take some of that right off your hands

Rick and I lounged in bed a few minutes this morning, debating if we wanted to take the day off work and go down to the Green Dragon Market: http://www.greendragonmarket.com/index.php . We finally decided that it's too darn cold and windy and we both came in to work. Maybe next Friday, if it's warmer.
  • Our eyeglasses came in, so we're going down tonight after work to pick them up. He was hoping to get his new glasses so that he could wear them on his bowling trip this weekend, so that worked out for him.
  • Lowes for water softener salt and some other items. I need to make up a list because we always seem to forget something. I definitely want to look for those purple flowerpots that Mooch showed in her gardening pictures! 
  • Will need to wash some jeans tonight for Rick to take with him tomorrow. I thought I had all the laundry done on Wednesday night and then he came walking out the hallway with 3 pairs of dirty jeans.  

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Rick left to bowl, so I'm on my own for the weekend.
  • Make some Rustic Rub.This is a recipe from Emeril Lagasse and I think you can buy the stuff at the store. But I'm not buying something I can easily make myself. And what you buy at the store probably has way, way more salt in it than what you'd make. Here's the recipe if anybody is interested:
                      8 Tablespoons Paprika (I use 2 Tbsp of Sharp Paprika, 2 Tbsp of Smoked Paprika and then 4 Tbsp of Hungarian Sweet Paprika

3 Tablespoons Cayenne Pepper

5 Tablespoons Ground Black Pepper

6 Tablespoons Garlic Powder (NOT garlic salt)

3 Tablespoons Onion Powder (NOT onion salt)

6 Tablespoons Salt (I use about 3-1/2 Tbsp)

2-1/2 Tablespoons Dried Oregano

2-1/2 Tablespoons Dried Thyme

Just mix it all together and use as you want. It makes pretty much a full pint and I just keep it in a canning jar in the pantry. He says it will last about 3 months, but I can get six months easy. I also share half of it with our son and he likes to use it on meat when he grills. I sprinkle it on beef especially, but also pork and chicken, too. I'll throw some in casseroles. I make some really good butter with it that we put on grilled corn on the cob and other vegetables.
  • Clean out the computer room. Just a good vacuuming and dusting more than anything, but I need to get my cookbook bookcase in some kind of order again. Right now, I have books strewn about everywhere back here.
  • Just some general straightening-up. A bit of vacuuming about the house and maybe a quick Swiffering in the living room. I cleaned the litter boxes really well this morning and also cleaned the kitchen counters. I'd like to vacuum and straighten out the bottom of the bathroom closet, too, this afternoon. And work on some kitchen cabinet cleaning. 
I wanted to grate some horseradish today, but with the weather Rick didn't get the roots dug up. Maybe next weekend.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hey, Micknsnicks2mom! I love buffalo dip! I'll take some of that right off your hands

that was the first time i'd made buffalo dip. i liked it, but had to add a bit more blue cheese salad dressing to it, as once the first taste hit my throat i started coughing...and coughing...

today i didn't have much to do --
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfast, then read for a while and online briefly
  • made my breakfast
  • baked a cherry pound cake
  • dumped the wood stove ash pan, then added more wood to the stove
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, bundled up the trash
  • will run the washing machine later this afternoon/evening
  • wrote up my to do list for tomorrows busy day

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, buffalo chicken dip can be pretty strong sometimes. One of my GFs made it for a small holiday buffet in our department at work. I was eating it by spoons, just dumping some on my plate and eating it that way. I'd also sprinkle some Frank's Hot Sauce on it and mix it in for an extra kick. Good stuff. I like hot and spicy.
  • I just started my second load of laundry. Stripped the bed down before I gave the cats their breakfast this morning. That way they couldn't curl up in the bed afterward. Had they curled up, then I would have waited until they were done napping before I could strip the bed down; this way, it's already done. Cats are not amused. I put the comforter back on the bed, so they could curl up in that until I can make the bed again. (I usually just strip the bed down, wash the sheets, and put them right back on the bed. It's easier than trying to fold queen-size sheets by myself. 
    )
  • Took some ground beef out of the freezer yesterday to thaw. I'm going to make pasta sauce this morning for the freezer. I made the dough for Garlic-Parmesan rolls last night and left it in the fridge to rise overnight. I'll shape the rolls and bake them this morning while the sauce is cooking. I'll keep a bit of sauce out for dinner tonight.
  • Sunday night "me" time. A nice, long bath and a manicure should do wonders.
ETA: I got side-tracked late yesterday afternoon. My sister called; they were helping their son paint some of the rooms in his new house in Virginia. My BIL wanted to come home yesterday, but she wanted to get the painting finished. He said the only way he was willing to stay is if I went over to make sure the clowder was OK. So I ran over quick to check on the furkids, give them a quick bite (they have dry out all the time, but get canned twice a day), changed the water in the bowls, and scooped and swept. That took a while to get it all done, but I know how I feel when we're gone like that. Their cats love being out in the screened-in back porch, so that gave them some time out there, too. They enjoyed it. I sat out there with them for a while and talked to them before getting everybody back into the house and coming back home. And then, when I got home, I got the "sniffing investigation" from our clan. 

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Got up this morning and hit the treadmill for 2.5 miles. Got all the boxes scooped out. Took the recycling down to the recycling center while Rick went into pick up the rototiller. I'm trying to guzzle my coffee down quickly before he gets back and we have to start working.
  • While he's tilling the garden and the flowerbeds, I'm going to pick up the walnuts from around the tree. We stacked them all up against the tree last fall for the squirrels to get what they wanted for winter food. I'm going to pick up what's left and throw them into a bag. And I'll finish picking up the downed branches and such from the trees.
  • Need to mow yard today. Rick did get the front yard done last week, but I need to do the whole yard this afternoon. 
  • The strawberry patch made it through the winter, but so did the weeds. The asparagus all made it through, too. Weeding is necessary and hopefully, we'll get it done today and tonight. There's lots of weeding to do all over the place!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
  • Cleaned the bathroom
  • Vacuumed upstairs and down
  • Did two loads of laundry

In other words, the usual Saturday stuff. I do the weekly cleaning on Wednesday and/or Thursday, and by Saturday there's litter all over the house. :lol3:

Status
Not open for further replies.