Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

thank you! it was a vague kind of headache with hints of nausea yesterday -- probably due to being overtired. i'm feeling much better today.
  • give  snick her sub-q's, then give both cats a snack
  • wash dishes, scoop litter boxes, take the trash out, bring in the newspaper
  • write up my shopping list for this saturday's shopping trip
  • thaw 2 bags of frozen cooked and sliced turkey, to be used in making quick turkey fried rice tomorrow
Glad to know you are feeling better. I heard there is something going around which is causing people to feel lightheaded and dizzy...take care..

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Glad to know you are feeling better. I heard there is something going around which is causing people to feel lightheaded and dizzy...take care..
thank you!

i'm fortunate that i don't come in contact with many people, so it's pretty unlikely that i'd catch things that are 'going around'.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- help a friend with their resume
- water all of the outdoor plants
- finish up the spaghetti sauce I'm making with tomatoes from the garden

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jaspurr their breakfast, then made my breakfast
  • ADT dude came back to finish installing the new upgraded cellular communicator in my security system
  • called my doctor's office, will see doctor tomorrow -- snick bit my finger while i was combing her hair yesterday, and it's rapidly developing infection 
  • will get ready for shopping day tommorow
  • will run the washing machine later this afternoon/evening

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • ADT dude came back to finish installing the new upgraded cellular communicator in my security system
  • called my doctor's office, will see doctor tomorrow -- snick bit my finger while i was combing her hair yesterday, and it's rapidly developing infection  :sigh:
  • will get ready for shopping day tommorow
What do you do to the sore after you've been bitten or scratched? I've never become infected.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do you do to the sore after you've been bitten or scratched? I've never become infected.
bear in mind that i'm extremely sensitive to any thing that gets under my skin. even bug bites swell up horribly, and i need to break the skin over them and squeeze until there is definitely blood coming out to relieve the swelling and itchiness. i'm also prone to developing cellulitis, which if left untreated can progress to a more serious infection and that can cause severe illness even affecting the whole body. because of the raynaud's i have, which is an auto-immune disease, i'm at higher risk for cellulitis and i tend to get sicker from it.

then there's snick's teeth, some of which are kind of brittle. she's 15 years old now and has serious medical issues. so our vet says it's too risky for snick to have a dental, the anesthesia.

what i did was to squeeze the wound hoping the bacteria from snick's saliva would be washed out somewhat from the bleeding -- and it was really bleeding a lot. then i used hydrogen peroxide and poured that over the wound, again and again. within a few hours the wound was throbbing, red, swollen, and painful. that could have been because the wound was just barely above the skin crease of a joint in that finger, but it could also have been infection setting in. i knew i had transportation available two days after the bite, so i made the decision to see the doctor and get antibiotic for the wound. my reasoning was that if i did not see the doctor and the wound became infected, i would have no way to get to the doctor's office until 4-5 weeks later.

believe me, i hate going to see the doctor and rarely go. i actually only see the doctor if there's something wrong that i can't deal with myself, which is very rare for me.

today i only had a few things to do --
  • gave snick her sub-q's
  • did a couple things to troubleshoot the problem(s) with my new computer system. i ruled out a faulty hdmi cable, and found that the cpu connected to my flat screen tv did not result in any signal being sent from the cpu.
  • scooped the litter boxes

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bear in mind that i'm extremely sensitive to any thing that gets under my skin. even bug bites swell up horribly, and i need to break the skin over them and squeeze until there is definitely blood coming out to relieve the swelling and itchiness. i'm also prone to developing cellulitis, which if left untreated can progress to a more serious infection and that can cause severe illness even affecting the whole body. because of the raynaud's i have, which is an auto-immune disease, i'm at higher risk for cellulitis and i tend to get sicker from it.

then there's snick's teeth, some of which are kind of brittle. she's 15 years old now and has serious medical issues. so our vet says it's too risky for snick to have a dental, the anesthesia.

what i did was to squeeze the wound hoping the bacteria from snick's saliva would be washed out somewhat from the bleeding -- and it was really bleeding a lot. then i used hydrogen peroxide and poured that over the wound, again and again. within a few hours the wound was throbbing, red, swollen, and painful. that could have been because the wound was just barely above the skin crease of a joint in that finger, but it could also have been infection setting in. i knew i had transportation available two days after the bite, so i made the decision to see the doctor and get antibiotic for the wound. my reasoning was that if i did not see the doctor and the wound became infected, i would have no way to get to the doctor's office until 4-5 weeks later.

believe me, i hate going to see the doctor and rarely go. i actually only see the doctor if there's something wrong that i can't deal with myself, which is very rare for me.

Oh dear. Poor you. I'm very lucky then. I clean the wound with alcohol. Put on an ointment that has iodine in it and plaster it up. That's all I need do.

today i only had a few things to do --

• gave snick her sub-q's
  • did a couple things to troubleshoot the problem(s) with my new computer system. i ruled out a faulty hdmi cable, and found that the cpu connected to my flat screen tv did not result in any signal being sent from the cpu.
  • scooped the litter boxes

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Back to work this morning. 
  • I have a 4:00 appointment with the insurance claims adjustor for Hannah to see how badly she is damaged and what it will take to have her repaired. I think it's going to be ugly, but we shall see. I am thankful for insurance. I had to drive Hannah into work this morning (bc of the appt this afternoon) and people keep stopping by to ask me what the heck happened. 
     She looks bad, poor car.
  • We need to grab a few groceries tonight, primarily cat food and litter and a few gallons of water for the cats. 
  • I'm going up to the garden tonight to deal with peppers. Rick was up on Sunday after we got home and he says there's a ton of them, but I didn't feel like dealing with them yesterday. And I think it's time to do something with some of the butternuts, too. I'll cut them off the vines and let them cure for a few days to a week, then I'll bring them into the basement.
  • Other than that, it's just scooping the boxes, a quick vacuum, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jaspurr their breakfasts, then made my breakfast
  • gave snick her sub-q's
  • dealt with the new cpu 'to do'. called lenovo and they were going to send out a replacement cpu. but i got to thinking about it and i really didn't like the way the whole situation was handled by lenovo, and i felt it was a very bad sign when a brand new cpu bought directly from the company arrives DOA. so i've cancelled the replacement cpu, and the DOA cpu is to be picked up by UPS in 1-2 days. once lenovo receives the DOA cpu, they'll issue a credit to my credit card within 3-5 days. i've decided to go with another HP computer, just the cpu. my previous HP all-in-one ran fine, in fact ran flawlessly, for 4 years. HP also offers in-home service, at additional cost, even out here to where i live. there are specifics to the HP cpu configuration, and it'll take about a couple weeks for them to get things installed -- once i've received the refund from lenovo, and placed the cpu order from HP. so, it'll probably be early october before i've got my whole new computer system set up -- 
      . but the good news is that my monitor and speakers, as well as putting up the shelf (for modem, router, and power strips) and organizing/'herding' all the cords and cables is already done. so it should be quick and easy to hook up the new HP cpu once it arrives. in the meantime, i'll look around online for a smallish rectangular-topped table to use for my second monitor, buy it, and then set up the second monitor.
  • will wash the dishes and scoop litter boxes shortly
  • will watch tv, as i want/need to do something that requires no thinking for a while today

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
That's a shame about your computer, mickNsnicks2mom. I hope you have no problems with the HP and everything goes smoothly.
  • My MIL wants fresh peaches, so I'm going over to the farmers' market during lunch today to see what they have. It's getting a little late for peaches around here now, so I hope I can find some good ones for her. She just wants a few for munching (she does want a peach pie, but said that she'd take one of the pies I made a while back, so I'll get one out of the freezer for her). I'll drop the peaches off on my way home from work tonight.
  • Didn't get the peppers done last night, so I really do need to get at them tonight. We were just too busy with other stuff last night and it was late til we got home and then had dinner, etc. I know it will be another late night again tonight, but I do need to get in the garden.
  • Other than that, it's just a quick scoop in the litter boxes.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yes, it's a shame... but the cpu was picked up by UPS today for return, and it's estimated delivery back to lenovo is this coming monday. so things are moving forward.

today i took care of a few things --
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then made both cats a snack
  • washed dishes, scooped litter boxes, took out trash
  • UPS came and picked up a return package
  • paid a bill
.........and we finally got some good rain, so the heat wave here seems to have broke. it's much more comfortable here now.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We had t-storms last night with some much-needed rain. It is to rain pretty much all day today, too, and we'll take everything we can get at this point. The really important news? Today, we'll be "lucky" to reach 70 degrees! And for the next few days, we're are to only be in the 70s, some days pushing 80. I'll take it.
  • Run down to my MIL's today during lunch to take Jackie outside for a bathroom break.
  • Two loads of laundry tonight
And I think that will be it. Rick is stopping at the pool place on his way home from work to get chemicals to close the pool. I think we may be closing this weekend....we will see how the weather is; if it's to get really warm next week, we won't close yet.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • call my mom, our weekly chat
  • give snick her sub-q's, then give both cats a snack
  • wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, take the trash out, bring in the newspaper
  • write up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day
it's so much more comfortable here today too! the forecast here is for a high of about 75 degrees F, and no rain today.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Cat food is on sale at a local grocery store today, so we're stopping in tonight to make sure the cats don't starve. We did get food on Tuesday night when we did our shopping, but it's worth going in for another 30 cans or so.
  • A few errands to run tonight, but nothing major
  • I may go up and work in the garden a bit tonight

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Just finished working on some peppers. They're cleaned, diced and thrown into the freezer. Went up to the garden as soon as it got light enough that I could see what I was doing.
  • When Rick gets out of bed, we're going up to the garden and bringing the butternuts to the basement. I think it's time. (If it doesn't start to rain before he gets out of bed)
  • Did our errands last night and did the things that Rick's mother wanted done, so other than banking, I don't think we have much this morning. I'd like to do a quick vacuum throughout the house and maybe a quick Swiffer while I'm at it. Scooping the boxes. Cleaning kitchen counters.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Working on laundry right now, must change bedsheets after Dear Richard gets out of bed
  • We're going to Home Depot this morning to look at crown molding for the bedroom (I don't know why as we'll just come back to Lowes and buy it there anyway). Maybe a trip to Target; I'd like to buy a couple sweatshirts, just plain sweatshirts....no logo or anything like that.
That's pretty much it for today. I'd like to do a manicure tonight as my poor nails are looking a little bedraggled

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Our planning commission meeting for this afternoon was cancelled 
. Solicitor and three members are on vacation, so cancelled due to LOI (Lack Of Interest). Breaks my heart....not. Now if we could cancel the meeting tomorrow, I'd surely be a happy camper! Alas, that one is going to be held.

We got to Home Depot yesterday afternoon and then I treated Rick to a quick early supper at Perkins. Nothing fancy. He had a burger and fries; I had a Reuben. But the real treat was dessert; we so seldomly order dessert and so we splurged a bit yesterday. Rick had a slice of caramel apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and I enjoyed a slice of coconut cream pie....I've been so hungry for coconut cream pie and it was there. So I took advantage.

And then when we came home around 5 or so, Rick started watching football and Mollipop and I went back to bed so that I could read for about 15 minutes or so before doing a few chores. A few minutes later, Muffin joined us. And I awakened around 9 or so last night. I must have been very pooped. I thought I'd have trouble going back to sleep, but dropped back off around 11 or so and slept until around 4 this morning, when BooBoo awakened me in a vain attempt to get an early breakfast.

Rick said he felt so good this morning, he didn't want to waste it by going to work, but he did go. I could have used a day off work, too, just to do some things around the house and outside. However, we are both at work (and both of us are checking our vacation schedules, too!). 
 It's going to be an absolutely gorgeous week this week, temperature-wise and sunshine-wise and it's just a shame to have to spend it in the office every day.

So today.....
  • I am walking today during lunch for the first time since.....the middle of May, I think. We went from a bit of spring to the 90s and the humidity and have pretty much stayed there for most of the summer, or it seems like we have. I've been doing the treadmill in the morning, but since we're only to be in the low 70s today, I brought some walking stuff with me to work. I may only get 1-1/2 miles in, but it's better than nothing. And it will do me good to get outside for a while.
  • Grab some groceries. The cats are fine for once; we need some things for us this time.
  • Scoop the boxes as I didn't get them done this morning. A quick vacuum in the kitchen and the living room.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Planning commission meeting tonight right after work; that will go for about two hours or so.
  • Mowing the yard; we finally got that key we needed for the rear tire, so I can use the riding mower. 
  • Scooping the boxes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Getting my hair cut and colored in prep for a wedding this weekend.

Pick up clams for dinner

walk

Status
Not open for further replies.