Not open for further replies.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jaspurr their breakfast, then made my breakfast
  • will call my mom, our weekly chat, shortly
  • will give snick her sub-q's, then give both cats a snack
  • wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, take out the trash, bring in the newspaper
  • will do a little more reading in my book -- i'm very happy that i've found the time to read again lately
  • will run the washing machine later this afternoon/evening

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Got up this morning and gave the cats their breakfast. While they ate, I did some cleaning in the kitchen: wiped down the counters, got recycling ready to take down to the basement. After putting their dishes in the dishwasher and cleaning up from breakfast, I scooped all the boxes out and got the trash ready to take out to the can. It's light outside now, so I can take the trash out. I can't believe that dawn is breaking later and later. Seems like just a couple weeks ago, it will getting light outside at 5:00. No more.
  • General straightening up in the house. I'm going to rip through the house, starting Sunday morning and if I can straighten up a bit today, it will make things easier tomorrow.
  • Run some errands this morning: bank, Target, etc. While I'm out, I need to stop at my sister's house to make sure her cats are OK. They're away, so I'm going over twice today and twice on Sunday to feed, scoop, cuddle....you know the routine. She says I spoil them. That's what aunts are supposed to do! 
      And I need to stop at the nursing home to see how my MIL is doing with her physical therapy. After I leave there, I have to stop at the vet to order Jackie's food....the vet is right next-door to the nursing home.
  • Hoping to finish the yard today. I had started mowing earlier this week and had two flat tires. Rick got them fixed, but lost the key to one of the tires. Until he buys another key, the riding mower can't be used, so I'll be push-mowing. It's just the side yard and the back of the yard right by the house, so it shouldn't take too long to finish up. But then I probably could start all over again in the front yard, if I really wanted to. Mowing the yard is a never-ending task during the summer. 
  • Vacuum the pool. We have a lot of dirt and leaves in the pool from our t-storm the other night (oh, and BTW, we also had an F1 tornado in the county, right to the west of us. No injuries, thank goodness, but some sheds were destroyed as well as an old barn.)
  • Work on a shopping list. I haven't been shopping in ages! So far I'm looking for wristbands for my Fitbit, ear buds for my iPod (I really don't like Apple's ear buds), some underwear, and may look at some Prismacolor markers. Autumn is coming and to me, fall means....boots! I just love boots. And some sweaters, both for work and for just general wear. And some sweatshirts, also for work. Looks kind of silly, dress pants with sweatshirts. But it is what it is and I don't like being cold. And I can always use a couple new pairs of jeans. I may do some shopping on Monday.

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then both cats had a snack
  • made my lunch, then scooped litter boxes and bundled up the trash
  • wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrow's busy day
  • will post tomorrow's question of the day shortly after midnight tonight, as i'm absolutely certain i'll be too tired tomorrow night to do so

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • On my second load of laundry right now. Changed the bed sheets after I gave the cats their breakfast.
  • Rip through the house. Vacuum, dust, wash the kitchen and bathroom floors, clean the bathroom. It's pretty much go, go, go because I did a lot of general straightening-up yesterday.
  • Make the bread pudding. (I'm going to wait and make the peanut butter pie on Tuesday and stick it in the freezer. When Rick comes home, it will be ready for him.) Going to my SIL and BIL tonight for dinner.
  • See what the garden has in the way of any zucchini. My SIL wants to make a zucchini cake and if we have any small, nice ones, I'm taking them to her.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Today is a shopping day. I'm looking for Fitbit wristbands, ear buds for my iPod, three white t-shirts (that I can layer under shirts and blouses this winter), some underwear, and I want to look at boots and some shoes. I'd like to look at some tops for the office. I also need some macadamia nuts, some orange juice, and a few other things at the grocery store. I also need some bug spray; honestly, it's like all I do is walk outside anymore and I'm getting terribly bitten up. The other day I was mowing the yard and the gnats were horrible. They kept flying around my face and ears.
  • While I'm out, I need to go to my MIL's house to pick up some clothing for her and take it to the nursing home. Then bring her laundry home to wash; my sister and I always did that for our mom when she was in the nursing home. We did a better job than what the people at the home can do. And that way, nothing gets lost. 
  • I put my butter in the microwave to soften. When I come back home this afternoon, I'm going to make the dough for chocolate chip cookies and for macadamia and white chocolate chip cookies. I will bake them tomorrow and throw them into the freezer. They're road food for the trip to Canada. I swear Rick always needs road food for trips. I know he will also want some chocolate-covered pretzels and some roasted cashews. And we usually take a small cooler of water and soda, tucked in the back seat.

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Things I have to do after work today:

Call the vet to ask about probiotics for Chessy

Return RedBox movie rental

Go grocery shopping

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • after a while, gave snick her sub-q's and gave both cats a snack
  • scooped litter boxes and took out the trash
  • got the order for snick's sub-q fluids and related supplies placed (should be a year's supply, barring any significant increase in amount or frequency of fluids given), and called the vet's office to give them a 'heads up' that the company will be contacting our vet for the prescription

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Did my cookies last night and tucked them into the freezer. I doubled both cookie batches because we will give some to our petsitter, I give some to my MIL, and my sister and BIL always grab a few, too. Did get some shopping done yesterday....bought some underwear, three white t-shirts, ear buds, and Fitbit wrist bands. I was very disappointed; I honestly thought the fall clothing was out, but I saw very little in the way of boots, shoes, or sweaters/fallish tops, etc. And I was all over the place yesterday. Guess I'll be shopping online.
  • A bit of a cooking day today. I'm going to roast a whole chicken. I prepared it last night, wrapped it well, and later on this morning it will get roasted. I'm doing a Rotisserie-Style Roast Chicken (recipe is here: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/238201/main-dishes-and-entrees-poultry . I'll bone it, use the bones for broth in the pressure cooker and freeze the meat for using in casseroles and soup. Making a pot of pasta sauce for the freezer. While I'm doing that, I'm also making a pot of chili. Good smells will be coming from the kitchen this morning. It all comes in handy when I need a quick meal. 
  • Run up to a local kitchen store for a couple new paring knives. They sell Rada knives and I really like them. And (tada!) they're made in the US! While I'm out and about, I'm going to stop in to see Rick's mom at the nursing home and take her some cookies. She called me last night to see if I was making them (I was) and told me not to forget her. 
  • Not too much in the way of cleaning here. I need to scoop the boxes this morning and sweep the kitchen and bathroom floors (just a broom-sweep, not a vacuum). A Swiffer about the living room. And wipe down the bathroom a little. That's pretty much it. I did a good cleaning over the weekend, so now it's just a little bit here and there.
  • Fight with the pool pump. There's a serious amount of air in the system and I need to find out what's going on.
If I get some time tonight, I'd like to do a bit of a manicure. I cut my nails all down (I don't like short nails, but I broke a couple), and they feel naked without something on them.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Trash night
  • One very small load of laundry
  • Just a wee bit of general cleaning (nothing fancy)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Need to stop in to visit with Rick's mother during my lunch break today. I had taken cookies into her on Tuesday morning. She ate them and when I was in yesterday during lunch, she gave me the cookie container back with a request for a refill. So I washed the container and it's sitting here on my desk filled with cookies again for her. She loves cookies. And while I'm out, I need to pick up a bag of Jackie's food at the vet. She's on a special urinary diet with Royal Canin food and she can't have anything else. And I'll put some gas in my car, too.
  • A quick vacuum about the house tonight with a quick Swiffer. I want to wipe down the bathroom a bit. Scoop the boxes. Shred some paper. Nothing fancy or real long.
And I believe that will be it for the night. Rick is coming home tomorrow night. 
 I like it when he leaves, but I'm always ready for him to come home again, too.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
it's been another 'eventful' day here......

• gave snick and jaspurr their breakfasts, then made my breakfast
  • checked my credit card account online where i'd sent a pre-payment for the new computer system, to make sure my payment had been applied. it had been -- is for my new computer system purchase
  • went ahead and placed the order for my new computer system, as well as the longer cords for it and etc. i also placed an order for snick and jaspurr's gifts for my birthday -- i always give my cats gifts on my birthday, because that brings me so much happiness.
  • dealt with the mass confusion and to-do with the credit card account wigging out. it all had to do with the computer purchase, and my pre-payment on my credit card for that purchase. it all got fixed by a combined effort of the cc company and lenovo cc services, but wow was that exhausting to have to deal with.
  • wrote up my to-do list for tomorrows busy day
  • will  run the washing machine shortly

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Not much on my agenda tonight. Rick should be home between 7 - 8. Doing the scooping and quick pick-up about the house. I think that will be it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
pretty quiet day here, after a very busy day yesterday.
  • will make both cats a snack and make my lunch, shortly
  • wash the dishes, scoop litter boxes, take out the trash
  • i have a couple emails to write and send
i'll probably watch some tv today, and may try to read a little (depending on how tired i feel after yesterday's busy day).

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did the usual day's start -
  • Pureed food for Mist in Magic Bullet - 2.5 three ounce cans of Fancy Feast - put excess in baby food jars for later in the day and gave her breakfast
  • Fed Mr Poe and Domino - no pureeing needed!
  • Scooped litter pans
  • Dumped corn husks and cobs from last night's dinner into compost heap. I always cook extra so it was a bag full from 6 ears
After which I (but not in the order things occurred)
  • Did a personalized meals-on-wheels bringing food to a friend who recently had knee replacement surgery and still finds standing for any length of time painful
  • Took 2 of the 3 2-burner drip pans off stove and cleaned them
  • Made the usual weekly batch of extra large chocolate chip cookies - between husband (who they are really for), a couple of cookies to one friend whose husband had major surgery, one cookie  to my meals-on-wheels friend, and one cookie to my occupational therapist at my last visit - gee, the last batch seemed to evaporate!

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I awakened at 3:00 this morning with a bad headache. Eventually went back to bed and slept til 8:30...Rick got up and gave the kids their breakfast, so I could sleep.

He is painting the bedroom ceiling right now. While he prepped the bedroom for painting, I....
  • Vacuumed, dusted, cleaned the bathroom, wiped down the kitchen, and scooped the boxes
  • Vacuumed the pool (that is a chore in itself because of the lack of rain. I had to keep running water into the pool, so that I could backwash)
  • Went up to the garden, picked a mass of different peppers, cleaned them, and got them into the freezer. I sliced the green peppers for sauteing to have with brats and diced the mixed peppers for adding to casseroles and such. They'll all come in handy this winter.
  • Just got macaroni and cheese into the crock pot for dinner tonight. A new recipe, it's supposed to take about 3 hours cooking time. And it was easier (and cooler) than throwing it into the oven. Mix it all together, throw into a sprayed crock pot and cook.
  • I still need to do one load of laundry, but keep putting it off. Maybe I can let it go til tomorrow night.
I was really hoping to wash the car today, but I can't deal with being in that hot sun for a couple of hours, not the way my head is feeling. Maybe I can get it into the car wash tomorrow during lunch.

Head is pounding and I'm hoping for an early night tonight. Preferably with the window fan running. The humidity around here today is unreal. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Feeling better this morning; headache is still here, but is down to a low roar.
  • Going out during lunch to wash the car
  • We need to get a few groceries tonight, mainly cat supplies (the kids are down to their last 20 cans of food)
  • The load of laundry that I didn't do yesterday

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i'm not doing much today. woke up feeling 'under the weather', and am not pushing myself to have a 'busy' day today.
  • dealt with more 'to do' and related with my computer system purchase -- time consuming and tiring
other than that, i'll be watching some tv and possibly doing some reading.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the doctor.
Walked up to a shop I like and bought knickers
walked back and took me out for an Italian meal.
Came home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Hope today goes better for you, mickNsnicks2mom.
  • Hair appt tonight right after work
  • Just a wee bit of cleaning
And that's pretty much it.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hope today goes better for you, mickNsnicks2mom.
  • Hair appt tonight right after work
  • Just a wee bit of cleaning
And that's pretty much it.
thank you! it was a vague kind of headache with hints of nausea yesterday -- probably due to being overtired. i'm feeling much better today.
  • give  snick her sub-q's, then give both cats a snack
  • wash dishes, scoop litter boxes, take the trash out, bring in the newspaper
  • write up my shopping list for this saturday's shopping trip
  • thaw 2 bags of frozen cooked and sliced turkey, to be used in making quick turkey fried rice tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.