Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome, Saite! 

• Lowes: appliance sale (I'm really hoping a dishwasher is in my immediate future
    )
  • If we get back home before it gets too dark outside, I'd like to at least mow the front yard as this coming weekend is supposed to be pretty much a wash-out weather-wise
  • Go for a walk with Rick

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We ended up mowing the yard last night. With the rain coming this weekend (well, the rain is here this morning), we didn't think we'd get much done outside, so Rick said we really needed to get the mowing done. Everybody in the neighborhood was scurrying around last night, trying to get their yards mowed. All you could hear was the sounds of mowers running. 

• I have butter softening to make cookies for next weekend. I'm making Snickerdoodles, White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies, and Peanut Butter-Chocolate Chunkers. Will make the dough and let them sit in the fridge overnight. Will bake tomorrow. The cookies (well, whatever Rick doesn't eat) are going into the freezer for July 4th picnics next weekend.
  • Errands: Lowes (didn't make it there last night), Target for meds for both of us, banking, and CVS and the grocery store for Rick's mom.
  • One load of laundry (it's in the washer now)
While we were washing and drying dishes the other night, Rick said that he thought we should take out the old dishwasher and replace it with a kitchen cabinet and just do without a dishwasher. He felt that we could just wash dishes by hand from here on in. I said, "Dear, that's fine. But I'm telling you right now that I won't be baking very often anymore, not if I have to wash all the dishes all the time." Without missing a beat, he asked, "So what kind of dishwasher are we buying?" 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- walk
- look for jewelry to go with the dress I bought
- go to the drug store

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Hair appt tonight
  • Then off to PetSmart. I have a $10 coupon off a $30 order (which expires tonight), so cat food and cat litter are on my list. I may buy a new big litter box for the kids, too.
  • And if I get the litter box, then I have to bring it home, wash it out, then put litter in it. And then scoop the other boxes.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the pharmacy for my meds.
Went to the hairdresser and coloured my grey, white? , roots.
Went to the drug store and bought nappies and formula for my beautiful granddaughter. Two packs of nappies are so heavy. Bought some lip glosses too.
Took me out to eat.
Got a taxi home as my shopping was much to heavy to do schle.
Came home and watched TV. Wimbledon, the mentalist, the closer and two parts of old friends that are running at night. Can't go to bed uptight after watching them.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Trash night, so clean out all the litter boxes
  • I have one load of laundry to do tonight; I took it downstairs to put in the washer as soon as I get home from work.
  • Weather permitting, walk with Rick

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I was going to take a vacation day today, but decided to just come into work and deal with the noise and hassle. So here I am...

Thankfully we have tomorrow off work for the July 4th holiday. I need a break.
  • If the weather holds, I'll probably mow the yard tonight; that way, I won't have to try to work it in over the weekend
And that should be it as it will take most of the evening.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to Tel Aviv.
Went to my sister.
Went out for lunch.
Went back to hers for dessert.
Got a taxi and came home.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Got up, which as a feat in itself as I have a lurgy..

Photographed some stuff and put it on eBay

Went back to bed...

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
 Mani, feel better. I am assuming that your lurgy is the same as our cold. 

I left work at noon and came home to BooBoo, who was again limping very badly and in bad shape. Called the vet for an emergency appt and Rick and I took him down to hospital last night. Somehow he sprained his right front paw; we're thinking he tried to jump down from the cat tree or the couch and landed awkwardly. A shot of anti-inflammatory and some pain meds and we brought The Boy back home again. No mowing yard last night. Til we had dinner and our walk, that was pretty much it. Thankfully, Boo seems to be much better already this morning, still limping, but not nearly as badly as he was yesterday.

Rick and I both have off work for the holiday. So....
  • Somebody from Lowes is coming in this afternoon to measure our dishwasher opening to determine if it's large enough for a new dishwasher.
  • I need to clean the kitchen and living room, a good vacuum, dusting, wash kitchen floor, etc. Scoop the boxes
  • Clean the bathroom a bit, just wiping down more than anything
  • Mow the yard that I didn't do last night.
  • While I'm doing chores around the house, Rick is taking his mother on errands; we will do our own errands tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Back to work after our holiday weekend....
  • Rick is coming into my office after work this afternoon to pick me up and we're going over to the Prothonotary's office to apply for our passports. We've been waiting forever for Rick's copy of his birth certificate to come in and we finally got it on Friday. Went into AAA on Friday, too, for passport pictures. We need passports (or pass cards) now to get into Canada. 
    • While we were at AAA on Friday, I found a travel guide for Ireland and Scotland. Ireland has been my dream forever and I've since added Scotland to my list. Rick told me he's willing to go....all I need do is find the guts to get on the plane. In six years, we will be married 50 years and he really wants to take me. And I really want to go. I need to find some drugs to keep me calm on the plane.  
       When we got back into the car after leaving AAA, I had tears in my eyes, I want to go that badly. My sister and BIL would love to go with us, but I told her that she's supposed to take my cats if anything ever happens to me! So she can't go with us, not at the same time!
  • Groceries tonight and a trip to PetSmart
  • I didn't get the yard mowed at all and with all the rain we had on Saturday (our July 4th celebration was a washout) followed by all the sun yesterday, I think the grass grew about 4 inches! Must mow tonight!
  • I didn't get the litter boxes scooped this morning because I was running very late. So I need to clean those boxes out tonight.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The Prothonotary didn't go well for our passports. It seems that there were some shadows around Rick's ears on his picture. They accepted the applications, but told us there's a good chance that in about 3 weeks or so, the State Dept will be sending us a letter demanding different pictures. 
 We'll see what happens. We had those pictures taken at AAA; however, it seems they do not like AAA pictures. If the Prothonotary did not want us to get them done at AAA, they should have told us so when we went in to see them a couple months ago. They also did not like Rick's birth certificate; never mind that we had copies mailed to us from the PA Bureau of Vital Statistics because they didn't like the original one either!
  • Lowes called last night and the dishwasher is to be installed today. I took a vacation day so that somebody would be here. I cleaned out the cabinet under the sink (well, just basically pulled the cleaning supplies out; that's all that in there), so it's ready for the guy to connect the hoses and such.
  • One load of laundry (maybe two, since I'm home anyway) before I have to shut the water off
  • Vacuumed and will do a bit of dusting in the living room and kitchen. I just did cleaning on Friday, so will just do a quick touch-up for today.
  • Got the front yard mowed last night before the rain hit; hopefully I can do the back yard tonight, but it's raining now, so we'll have to wait and see
  • And we didn't get for groceries last night and I don't know if we'll get there tonight either. The cats have food, but we need litter. Maybe I can do a quick run just for litter later on this afternoon. 
I'm feeling stressed today.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back to work after our holiday weekend....

• Rick is coming into my office after work this afternoon to pick me up and we're going over to the Prothonotary's office to apply for our passports. We've been waiting forever for Rick's copy of his birth certificate to come in and we finally got it on Friday. Went into AAA on Friday, too, for passport pictures. We need passports (or pass cards) now to get into Canada. 
    • While we were at AAA on Friday, I found a travel guide for Ireland and Scotland. Ireland has been my dream forever and I've since added Scotland to my list. Rick told me he's willing to go....all I need do is find the guts to get on the plane. In six years, we will be married 50 years and he really wants to take me. And I really want to go. I need to find some drugs to keep me calm on the plane.  :sigh:  When we got back into the car after leaving AAA, I had tears in my eyes, I want to go that badly. My sister and BIL would love to go with us, but I told her that she's supposed to take my cats if anything ever happens to me! So she can't go with us, not at the same time!
  • Groceries tonight and a trip to PetSmart
  • I didn't get the yard mowed at all and with all the rain we had on Saturday (our July 4th celebration was a washout) followed by all the sun yesterday, I think the grass grew about 4 inches! Must mow tonight!
  • I didn't get the litter boxes scooped this morning because I was running very late. So I need to clean those boxes out tonight.
All being well I'm going to Scotland at the end of October!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My sister is on her way to moving here. She has one foot here and one in England. They come frequently mainly tossee her Milewho is 99 and all there. My sister and I have been having lunch together once a week when she's here. It's making us much closer so I went to Tel Aviv to her lovely apartment. Wecchatted a while and I had a drink of apple juice. Then we went to a restaurant for lunch. It was soooo noisy. The business lunch gave me two starters and then the main dish. One of my starters was grilled hot peppers! My head nearly blew off and steam was coming out of my mouth. Never again. The other one was beetroot in yoghurt so I was taking bites alternately to try to calm the burn down and some pita. After we went for a little walk and then went home and had malabi with tons of whipped cream and then read our books. After a couple of hours I ordered my taxi and went home.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
All being well I'm going to Scotland at the end of October!
I hope you have a great time, Judy!
  • We are picking up the new bedrooms windows today after work
  • Trash night tonight, so must clean the boxes
  • Work outside for a while
Since I had that vacation day yesterday, I got caught up with laundry, so no wash to do tonight. 
 You can pretty much figure out what day of the week it is, just by my posts! (Monday - groceries, Wednesday - trash and litter boxes, etc.)

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Went to the mall. Changed some children's clothes. Returned and took two new books. Went to the drugstore and bought various bits and pieces. Took me out to eat. Had to get a taxi home. Everything was too heavy and my back was/is hurting badly.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We need to take the curtains down from the bedroom windows tonight. I'm going to through them in the washer. And while I'm not really packing things up for the windows to be done tomorrow morning, we do need to move my bureau away from the window. Take down the cat napper from the other window. Things like that. The cats are not going to be amused when their cat napper is removed.
  • Two loads of laundry. A load of regular stuff and then the curtains.
That's probably it.

We need to figure out where the heck these cats are going to go tomorrow morning and get them put into their rooms before the contractor gets here. Because Muffin and Molli don't get along well at all, those two will have to be separated. I'm thinking Muffin and the rest of the clan can go into the computer room. Molli (and maybe Tabby; that way, Molli isn't alone) can go into the bathroom. Amber will hide under the couch and we won't get to her anyway. Anything going on in our house is always interesting to the cats....they like to be involved in everything that goes on and get very upset when they can't be in the thick of things.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Good luck with the kitties, Pam!

- getting my hair done
- a few errands while I'm out
- I may go to Dress Barn to check out a dress I saw a few weeks back.

Status
Not open for further replies.