Name three things - 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

larussa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a dr. appt. today and afterwards going out to lunch with my sister.  Hopefully we will dodge the rain we are supposed to be getting more of.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sneezed and sneezed and sneezed.
Blew and blew and blew.
Coughed and coughed and coughed.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sneezed and sneezed and sneezed.
Blew and blew and blew.
Coughed and coughed and coughed.
do you have a cold/virus? or is it allergies? i hope you feel better soon!

i didn't have much to do today, though that's good because i'll start stacking the next (2nd) load of firewood tomorrow.
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfast, then made my breakfast
  • opened windows, then had to close some of them when we had a torrential downpour (of rain), after rain ended opened windows again
  • wrote up my 'to-do' list for tomorrow's busy day
  • made both cats a snack, then made my lunch
  • made a batch of jello with fruit
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, bundled up the trash
  • brought inside a couple packages that UPS delivered
  • decided that i'll make strawberry freezer jam on thursday -- i was surprised that i was able to harvest enough from my strawberry plants to make a full batch of jam this year
  • read a little in my book, will read more later/this evening
  • will run the washing machine early this evening
it sounds like i did a lot today, but it really wasn't. just a bunch of little things.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
do you have a cold/virus? or is it allergies? i hope you feel better soon!

i didn't have much to do today, though that's good because i'll start stacking the next (2nd) load of firewood tomorrow.

• opened windows, then had to close some of them when we had a torrential downpour (of rain), after rain ended opened windows again
  • wrote up my 'to-do' list for tomorrow's busy day
  • made both cats a snack, then made my lunch
  • made a batch of jello with fruit
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, bundled up the trash
  • brought inside a couple packages that UPS delivered
  • decided that i'll make strawberry freezer jam on thursday -- i was surprised that i was able to harvest enough from my strawberry plants to make a full batch of jam this year
  • read a little in my book, will read more later/this evening
  • will run the washing machine early this evening

it sounds like i did a lot today, but it really wasn't. just a bunch of little things.
A summer cold which reached its peak yesterday but is now on my chest. Seeing the doctor Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going out with my 95 year old uncle and cousin.
What fruit did you put in with your jelly?
Such funny words.
Your jelly is our jam.
Your jello is our jelly.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A summer cold which reached its peak yesterday but is now on my chest. Seeing the doctor Thursday. Tomorrow I'm going out with my 95 year old uncle and cousin.
What fruit did you put in with your jelly?
Such funny words.
Your jelly is our jam.
Your jello is our jelly.
summer colds are miserable. that doesn't sound good at all, that it's moved to your chest now. i'm glad you'll see the doctor on thursday.

i added drained canned peaches to my orange jelly. it's really very pretty, all of it is orange! i save the sugary juice from the peaches and add a little of it each day to my juice with breakfast -- i'm not one to complain about something being a little extra sweet.

yes, funny words. but i also like that i now know what you're referring to when you say jelly. here in the US, jam has bits of fruit in it, while jelly doesn't. it may be that we call jelly 'jello' here because that's the most well known brand of jelly in the US. it's actually gelatin though, not jello.

tomorrow i'll dry the load of laundry i washed this evening, then fold, and stack it on my closet shelves. i'll also be stacking the second load of firewood starting tomorrow, hoping to get at least half of it done by the end of the day -- there are about 10 face cords needing stacking. and tomorrow is claw trimming for my snick and jasper -- they both get freeze dried chicken treats after letting me trim their claws, for being so good.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Hope you're feeling better, Judy.
  • Mow the yard. We got sidetracked over the weekend and I didn't get it done. I was going to do it Monday night and then I was going to do it last night. I need to do it tonight. Looks like a jungle out there!
  • One (maybe two) load of laundry
  • Clean out the litter boxes (trash night is tonight)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We are living in the middle of a jungle! I swear!  I haven't had a chance to mow our yard at all this week because just about the time I get off work and head for home, it starts to rain. Not much, but definitely enough to make the grass wet and slippery. And I won't even try to mow wet grass. 

If I do nothing else by Saturday night, the jungle needs to be contained. By Sunday, Bill is supposed to get to us here in central PA and the local weatherweenies are talking a lot of rain on Sunday. 
  • We ordered new windows for our bedroom earlier this week and Rick needs to go in after work today to pay for them. 
  • Errands to run: Banking, Lowes, Target, etc.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • read for a while -- finished a very good short story, and on the computer
  • called my mom, our weekly chat
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then gave both cats a snack
  • made my lunch
  • washed the dishes, scooped litter boxes, took the trash out, brought in the newspaper
  • opened a couple windows just a bit -- it's cool here today, just 61 degrees F at 4pm
  • gave both cats another snack and had some tortilla chips

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went to Tel Aviv.
Had lunch with my sister.
Came home.
Cancelled my doctor's appointment thinking I was feeling better. Made a big mistake. I'm coughing well. The cold has gone though.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday we had to give Jackie her bath. It's the first time I've bathed a dog in decades! She did well, though, other than giving me a bath while she shook herself dry. Actually, til I was done drying, I pretty much dried the whole bathroom. 
 Dried her off as best I could and then gave her a good brushing. She has a vet appt on Tuesday night for her rabies shot and to get her claws clipped. She is not a good car dog, so we'll have to crate her. Jackie is my MIL's dog and she is an "over-sized" beagle. Such a sweetie.

Finally got the yard mowed yesterday, too.....just in time for TS Bill to get here; we just got the mower inside the shed when it started to spritz. Boy, did it ever rain; we got a good soaking last night. I'm glad and I think the garden is, too. I swear we heard the plants saying, "AHHHHHHH!"
  • Laundry is on my list today. Not much. A load of bedsheets and such. And some whites; I think that will be pretty much it.
  • We are supposed to get some t-storms this afternoon. If that happens, I'm going to work in the basement a bit, just some sweeping and dusting and general straightening-up. I need to vacuum the house, too.
  • Manicure tonight. I've been wearing Ruby Pumps (China Glaze) this past week and, despite how much I love the red, it's time to get it off. I love nail polish; it's my guilty pleasure 

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I went to Tel Aviv.
Had lunch with my sister.
Came home.
Cancelled my doctor's appointment thinking I was feeling better. Made a big mistake. I'm coughing well. The cold has gone though.
uh-oh! i think it's one of the most common things that people who have a cold do, to start feeling a little better and then do more than they should, which allows the cold to regroup and take hold of us once again. i hope it's just a very short time that the cold is making you feel worse.

i'm a big believer in preventative measures. during the fall/winter/early spring months, i eat a lot of chicken based soups and make sure to drink orange juice much more often (than i do in the warm weather months). it's my way of trying to prevent catching a cold/virus, and it's been very effective for me -- no cold/virus for me during the last three winters. of course, it also helps that i'm not exposed to many other people on a regular basis -- so i'm not exposed to people with colds hardly ever.

today i didn't get as much done as i would have liked to, but made 'forward progress' --
  • gave snick and jasper their breakfasts, then made my breakfast
  • opened some windows and relaxed with the cats for a while, and on the computer a bit
  • gave snick her sub-q's, then made both cats a snack
  • got a pack of hot dogs thawing in the fridge, then made a batch of mac and cheese -- easy recipe made using cheese melt (generic velveeta)
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes
  • wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day
  • will start the washer load of laundry this evening

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Rick said he needs a hair cut, so we're going down to the mall tonight. I'll do a bit of window shopping while he's getting his hair cut, then we have to grab some groceries.
  • We're going to start walking again tonight (so says Dear Richard), so I'm marking it as one of our three things for a while
  • Work on some weeding in the garden. The garden has come a long way. I've got the onions, peppers, squash plants, sunflowers, and tomatoes all weeded out. We still need to hoe a bit around the corn rows.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • We have to take Jackie to the vet tonight. She needs her rabies shot and she needs to get those claws trimmed! Her claws are horrible.
  • My niece bought a Fitbit Charge HR, so she brought up her bands to her Fitbit Flex for me to use. I need to go over to my sister's to pick them up, so if it's not raining, Muffin and I will go for a nice walk over in my sister's town. I'll put her stroller in the car and we can walk a good mile over there before coming back home. Rick said he may go along so that he can walk with us.
  • Do a quick vacuum in the kitchen and living room and scoop the boxes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
- Making granola
- grocery store
- get trash and recyclables together

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Overslept.
Raced out 20 minutes later.
Took a taxi to my sister.
We went for lunch.
Walked back.
Read my book.
Called for a taxi and went home.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm coughing less and drink only orange juice.
i'm glad to hear that you're coughing less. in my experience, orange juice really does help -- the vitamin c in it and all.

today i don't have much to do at all. i'm very happy about that too, as i've gotten every little (and bigger) thing done or well in progress --
  • opened a couple windows -- it's nice and cool this morning, not humid like it has been lately
  • on the computer for a while, and may read more in my book (either this morning or this afternoon)
  • will make my lunch in about 2 hours
  • wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take out the trash, and bring in the newspaper
  • work on july's budget (specifically what i want to set aside for the next home improvements, and what i'll have available after that for groceries)
  • work on my small grocery shopping list for july -- pretty much just need some perishables
  • probably watch something on TV, as it's been a few days since i watched any

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Go for a walk with Rick
  • Work in the garden a bit
  • Scoop the boxes
We are supposed to get rain tonight, but not until around 9:00 or so, starting with just showers and then going into rain. This weekend is supposed to be pretty much a bust with rain both Saturday and Sunday. Hours of steady rain, according to the local weatherweenies. I'm not complaining. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Went to the cemetery :rbheart:
Short walk
watered all the outdoor pots.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick and jaspurr their breakfast, then made my breakfast
  • opened some windows
  • wrote up my 'to do' list for tomorrows busy day
  • on the computer for a while
  • called my mom, our weekly chat
  • gave snick her sub-q's -- she was a bit 'testy' today, so will try giving her a snack while she's getting her fluids next time and see if that helps. she has a very good appetite, behaving normally, and pee/poop amounts/frequency are normal -- so i'll just keep an eye on her and see how giving her fluids go for now.
  • made my lunch
  • washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, bundled up the trash
  • read a little in my current book of short stories, and may read more later
  • did a little planning with july's budget and got the basic perishables shopping list for july together today -- didn't get those done yesterday
  • will place an online order for more freeze dried chicken treats for the cats, then see if i can find a drive belt for my old lawn tractor (it snapped a few days ago) online
  • will run the washing machine shortly

Status
Not open for further replies.