Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Back to work today after 9 days chilling out and relaxing on staycation.

Walked to work and back despite it being a Saturday and being able to take the car and park close to work for free.  It's only 1 mile away so really lazy to take the car, but sometimes I do take it at weekends if my feet ache badly.

Sorted out my wardrobe a bit and got out a lovely dress I wore to a friend's wedding about 4 years ago - I won't wear it again and finally worked up to parting with it.  I'll take it to the charity shop tomorrow as a donation.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Must do the lawn this afternoon (we didn't have gas for the mower on Friday and we didn't feel like running into town just for gas)
  • So we have to go in town for gas. Rick noticed last night on our way home from dropping our friends off at their house that our local ice cream place has teaberry as one of their ice creams and he wants a teaberry ice cream cone.
  • Some garden weeding (we've been keeping a close eye on our lima bean plants, lots of flowers, but no actual beans yet)
We could really use some rain. We were supposed to get t-storms last night, but then that fell through. They're saying that now we're to get t-storms tonight. I really hope so.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Scoop litter boxes
  • Move some more stuff into new house
  • More address change stuff (post office, student loans, etc.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Survive my Monday at work
  • We have to grab a few groceries tonight
  • Scoop
Rick has off work today. Our home insurance agent is coming in this morning as he wants to check on the gates at our pool; they inspect them every year to make sure they're working OK. While he's there, he's going to look at the kitchen; since it's time to update our homeowner's policy, he wants to see what we've done since last summer. I think he's only going to find the new fridge as everything else was done prior to that. But I think it's a good idea that they come in annually to review our policies and make sure everything is OK....our last insurance company didn't do that, unless we contacted them.

Anyway, since he's off today, he is going to do a quick vacuum about the house and a good Swiffer.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her sub-q's, her breakfast, and her pills
  • the "usuals" (washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, did not take the trash out today as it's pouring rain outside)
  • adjusted one auto ship cat food order, and set up a second auto ship cat food order (through a different website) -- these save me money, and i plan them very carefully
  • called the town clerk's office to make sure they got the water bill payment i mailed them. i've had issues with my mail not getting to it's destination, and with mail not getting to me. so, i check to make sure the very few things i do need to mail through the post office actually get to their destination.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Scooped poop again.

Got a load of washing done and hung up to dry again.

Washed the floors in the kitchen, bathroom and hall - makes a change. I don't do it nearly as often as I should.

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I notice with our Water bill if I send it sometimes it takes a few weeks to post to acct.  I pay in person when I can or take the $4 fee and pay online as at least it will be on bank statement.  

Aldi-few great things but did not have my quarter I usually keep in truck so was more annoying.

Cleaned out room/condensed down the boxes and packed more.

Wash a cage that needs to get donated.  Currently in tub.  Then I realized I should have shwoered!

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I notice with our Water bill if I send it sometimes it takes a few weeks to post to acct.  I pay in person when I can or take the $4 fee and pay online as at least it will be on bank statement.  

Aldi-few great things but did not have my quarter I usually keep in truck so was more annoying.

Cleaned out room/condensed down the boxes and packed more.

Wash a cage that needs to get donated.  Currently in tub.  Then I realized I should have shwoered!
thank you for your thoughts! i live in a rural area, so no online water bill account/payments -- i'd love to see this happen though! i would have taken the drive (on my rider lawn mower, as i don't drive) down into town (an hour and 15 minute drive on the mower, one way) to pay the bill in person, so it would be paid on time, if they had not received the payment i mailed to them. thankfully, they did get the payment.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
​I have a meeting right after work, so I have to get through that before I can go home.
  • Scooped this morning and will do again tonight when I get home
  • Separated two small loads of laundry this morning to be done tonight
  • Work in the garden (we are trying to clean out the strawberry patch to get some decent rows; right now the plants just run where they want to go)

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Clean bird cages.

- Trim cat claws. Both cats are way overdue and Kismet's got pointy little needles!

- Make a vet appointment for little Tweets for this Friday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • snick's and my breakfasts, and gave snick her pills
  • made a batch of homemade granola -- YUM!
  • the "usuals" (washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took the trash out)
  • wrote up my "to do" list for tomorrows "busy" day

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Trash night, so much clean out the litter boxes

There are some yellow squash in the garden I should cut tonight

And that's it. Not doing much of anything.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her sub-q's, her breakfast and pills
  • the "usuals" (washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took the trash out)
  • gave snick her birthday gifts, and took pics of her enjoying them
  • paid the mortgage

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

Make appointment for dog to have xrays to see about surgery. Probably get in Tuesday.  
What did I miss here? What's happened to your dog? 

to Snick!
  • Rick is taking his mom to a viewing this morning; her cousin's son passed away. And this is a good chance for her to see some family members she hasn't seen for a while. It's sad that you see family at funerals, but that's the way it is sometimes. While he's gone to the viewing, I will do a quick vacuum about the house and clean the litter boxes. I wiped down the kitchen this morning after I fed the cats.
  • We're going to run some errands later on: banking, Target, Lowes, the vet to pick up some Hills TD dry food for the kibble crunchers, etc.
  • And probably work outside for rest of the day

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What did I miss here? What's happened to your dog? 

to Snick!
  • Rick is taking his mom to a viewing this morning; her cousin's son passed away. And this is a good chance for her to see some family members she hasn't seen for a while. It's sad that you see family at funerals, but that's the way it is sometimes. While he's gone to the viewing, I will do a quick vacuum about the house and clean the litter boxes. I wiped down the kitchen this morning after I fed the cats.
  • We're going to run some errands later on: banking, Target, Lowes, the vet to pick up some Hills TD dry food for the kibble crunchers, etc.
  • And probably work outside for rest of the day
thank you! snick had a very nice birthday.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • made snick's and my breakfasts, gave snick her pills
  • took a roast from the freezer and moved it to the fridge to thaw
  • made a batch of spaghetti and meat sauce, for my lunches for the next 5 or 6 days
  • the "usuals" (washed the dishes, scooped the litter boxes, took out the trash)
  • ran the dishwasher, and ran the washing machine (later in the day)
  • called my mom, who is back home!  (had hip surgery at the end of may, then was at a facility for physical therapy)
  • wrote up my "to do" list for tomorrow

Last edited:

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a whole lot of nothing today!

- Watched the first 3 episodes of the new Sailor Moon Crystal (their 20th anniversary project) and was sorely disappointed in the art and animation style - too lanky and disproportionate, but as a 1994 Sailor Moon fan I feel obligated to see it through to the end. Then skimmed through the entire season of Chobits, a show that despite being strangely perverted in many ways (what anime isn't?), I still love.

- Pet stuff. Fed the birds, cleaned out their shredded paper, brushed Kismet's fur and teeth (very briefly!), scooped the litter, fed the cats.

- Currently hoping *fingers crossed* that I'll finish my baby dragon rig for my teacher and get it out of my hair so I can say I finished the internship even though he hasn't responded to me!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

- Currently hoping *fingers crossed* that I'll finish my baby dragon rig for my teacher and get it out of my hair so I can say I finished the internship even though he hasn't responded to me!
I think I need a translation, @pinkdagger  

• Played with a friend's new rescue puppy .. So cute!
  • taught a yoga class to four absolutely delightful young teenagers
  • vacuumed (well, it can't all be fun) ....

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Have I mentioned that I hate Mondays? Phooey. Rick said this morning that having to work on Mondays should be outlawed. I agree with him.
  • Scooped boxes this morning and will scoop again tonight (I don't know if every cat in the county decided to pee a gallon in one box overnight, but I walked into the bathroom this morning and the smell almost knocked me to the floor. And I had scooped last night! Man, it was nasty! I think that tonight I'll just dump that box out, clean it out and put fresh litter in. Whew! We have six litter boxes in the house and they were all scooped; why they all decided to use that particular one, I have no idea.)
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Need to do some computer work for Dear Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.