Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, Mani.....I came back to work today, still coughing and sneezing like a maniac. I'm going to cave up in my office for the day.

Congrats on the new carpet! 
  • I have to go home over my lunch break. I made the marinade for chicken breasts this morning, but figured I wouldn't put the breasts into the marinade until right before I left for work. Well, I got busy and started running behind. And it wasn't until I got online here at work this morning that I realized I forgot to put the breasts into the marinade! 
      They're bone-in breasts and they'll be OK marinating for just five hours or so, but it's the point of the thing. Darn it anyway! 
  • Do some weeding in the garden tonight.....will wait til it cools off a bit,

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Work out
  • Double check my new hire paperwork
  • Make cat food with chicken

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have to...

- Scoop the boxes before I get ready for work

- Work, have some pharmacy training today

- Complete my "authorized dealer" program so I can print my own eCertificate

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I took a much-needed vacation day today. I needed to get out of the office for a while and the thought of a day here working at the house seems relaxing to me. I'm going to spend the morning in the kitchen and then go out to the garden for the afternoon.
  • Making sticky buns for Rick this morning. It's been a while since I made sticky buns, so I know he'll enjoy them. While I'm working with dough, I'm going to make some pizza dough balls for the freezer, too. I'll keep a dough ball in the fridge for dinner tonight....we're going to have grilled pizza.
  • Spend the afternoon up in the garden, doing some weeding and such. I haven't weeded since the beginning of June, so it will be nice to be outside working for a while. I've spent the last month mowing very slowly and looking at the garden from the mower. I'm glad I can finally get back inside the fence.
  • Scoop the boxes.
No laundry, no vacuuming, no dusting. Not today. Today is for fun things! 

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today will be a "quiet" day for me. yesterday i cleaned, did laundry, made bread machine bread and potato salad, dealt with a downed limb in a neighbors yard, and worked on the logistics for hauling away firewood from another neighbors yard (big tree downed by the recent storm). tomorrow is snick's blood work vet appointment, then my once every two months shopping trip. so today needs to be a day i rebuild my energy reserves.
  • snick's breakfast, pills, brushing
  • the "usuals" (wash the dishes, clean the litter boxes, take the trash out)
  • take a nap, and get to bed by 9/9:30pm (have to be up very early tomorrow morning)

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Work out
  • Dump and refill litter boxes
  • Home manicure/pedicure (the skin/cuticle stuff, not polish)

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Feed the birds

- Tidy up the bird room (it's been a disaster since I cleaned cages on Monday and proceeded to dig stuff out to make toys)

- Sweep, mop, and otherwise clean the entire apartment

Parents are dropping by for a visit tomorrow and I won't have time to clean after work tonight or before work tomorrow!

Last edited:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Walked
Harvested a lot of kale
Brought the car and picked it up from the dealer for service.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm in my MIL shop this morning.

A little jog for me this arvo and then some tv watching or a nap.

Saturday night family games. Probably sequence.

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Work

- Expecting my brother today to deliver a box fan and some donuts in exchange for some Benadryl and baby toothpaste he asked me to pick up, and then my parents

- I walked away for 5 minutes this morning and Mo carried half a chicken neck somewhere... so when I get home from work, I must find it

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise

- I walked away for 5 minutes this morning and Mo carried half a chicken neck somewhere... so when I get home from work, I must find it
That's just squeamish to me, the idea of a chicken neck being......somewhere. 
 (Sorry)

Rick is busy bbq-ing chicken for the church this morning; he got up around 4:00 or so, so he'll be pooped when he gets home this afternoon. While he's gone, 
  • I already wiped down the kitchen a bit
  • A quick vacuum and dusting around the house; I' want to clean the bathroom 
  • Scoop the boxes

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is to me too - I left a note for my boyfriend to look for it, but I've checked under the couch, beside the fridge, under the lip of the cabinets/counters, in the carriers, in the boxes and cat tree, under the vent system, and I even checked to see if he tried to bury it in the litterbox. Both cats were good with thighs - kept it in the kitchen on the tile. I've been scurrying around looking for this neck since I came out from brushing my teeth. Uuuuuuuggghhhh.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL about the chicken neck!  I have to monitor mine with whole pieces like that.  They're used to gizzards everyday so they thankfully don't drag off with those.
  • Scoop boxes
  • Bike to pick up prescriptions and a couple of groceries
  • Bike to pick up lunch

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got home and asked my boyfriend if he'd found it. He said no. I asked if he'd looked for it. He said no - and that in two weeks, the cats or our noses or some ants will lead us to the neck. I really, really, really don't want it to come to that! I was so hoping that when I did a full scoop of the litter boxes I'd find it. We can't think of any places it might be. I was hoping if I could tempt him to pick at the other half of the neck, he would carry it to his secret stash spot. I really don't want to wait until it gets disgusting to find it. I just cleaned the whole apartment yesterday and no one wants rotting meat lying around!

edit; I just watched Mo eat half of the rest of the chicken neck within 3 or 4 minutes. There is a chance that he DID wolf down the whole thing... but I'm still on alert to any gross smells or bug tracking. Part of me feels a bit better that maybe he just ate the first half like a boss.

Last edited:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I hope you can find that neck!
  • Rick is taking his mom to church this morning. While he's gone, I'm going to do some laundry. I'm on my second load. Must change the bed sheets and wash them.
  • Lowes - We want to see if they have any more sweet corn seed packets. Hardly any of our early corn germinated this year. I said to Rick that if we got some regular corn planted soon, we might get corn sometime late September or so. Some of our regular corn we have planted now is starting to tassle.  And I need a new pair of gardening gloves. I was in the garden on Friday afternoon and on my left hand, my nails kept getting dirt under them. I finally took a good look at the glove and there are holes in three fingertips. I don't like to weed without gloves.
  • Vacuum the pool. I shocked it last night.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Worked out
  • Couple of loads of laundry
  • Decide whether to brave the weather and go to Second Sunday or just stay home

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • the "usuals" (wash the dishes, clean the litter boxes, and take the trash out)
  • snick's breakfast and pills
  • ran the dishwasher
  • made a call to coordinate a downed tree removal for a neighbor

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
It's Monday, so.....
  • I have a county planning commission meeting right after work, but I may not have to attend. I really have nothing to discuss. Emailed my boss this morning and I'm really hoping he'll say, "OK, you don't have to go". I will
     all over the place if I can go straight home tonight. 
  • Must grab a few groceries tonight
  • Work in the garden, if it doesn't rain (we really had t-storms last night for quite a while. I will never complain about rain during the summer; the garden needs the water)

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Feed the farm animals.
Have to go get a round bail of hay for the cow.
Set up a secure kennel area for our Great Pyrenees to have her pups in.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Have a day off so:

Got the poop scooped and bin straight outside.

Went out ot the local shops to buy some talc and ended up buying all sorts of other stuff as well (Always much safer to stay at home).

Got a load of laundry done and hung up to dry.

I usually have a Tuesday off too but this week I've got to go in for the afternoon so today feels a bit pressured. Still, I'm on holiday for a week after Wednesday's shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.