Name three things - 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
  • Run errands: banking, Lowes, Target, etc.
  • Vacuum the house (I cleaned the kitchen down earlier this morning)
  • Mow the yard this afternoon 

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Work out
  • Scoop litter boxes (school got me out of this daily habit)
  • A BUNCH of laundry

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
today --

snick's breakfast and pills, then some light brushing.

the "usuals" (aka, wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, and take the trash out) and cook a roll of breakfast sausage.

run a washer load, coming up shortly.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Two loads of laundry and a load of bed sheets
  • Finish the yard (ran out of gas yesterday)
  • Manicure tonight

catsallaround

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting more stuff together for move and starting to decide what of the bigger items will come.  

Took some cats for Rabies shots-did amazing!

Went to Aldi and need to go back out to Shoprite later or Tomorrow.  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Some serious play with Mouse this morning (he was hyper the minute he got up for some reason).

My usual vlunteer session at a local charity shop for the afternoon.

Washed a little pile of soaking wet towels that were starting to smell like they'd been left for too long....  joys of having other people living in my apartment.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Laundry--did 3 loads yesterday, just need to finish up with 1-2 more today.

Run out to Staples--need to pick up some resume paper and one of those plastic hanging mail files.

Start sending out said resume--aiming for one a day.

If I feel really up to it I might move my bed. Normally I would ask for help but my mom's not feeling well today and I don't want to bother her. It should be doable if I take the mattress off and move my nightstand first. I think.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Grab a few groceries tonight after work
  • Scoop the boxes

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • gave snick her breakfast and her pills, then "the usuals" (washed the dishes, tidied bathroom floor and scooped the litter boxes, took the trash out)
  • called vet's office with results of snick's latest home urine test (keeping an eye on it for glucose in the urine), and asked if snick is ok to eat some wet food the night before blood work (vet knows i never fast snick because she'll vomit clear fluid on an empty tummy, but since her last blood work shows her as borderline diabetic i'm wondering if it's better to give snick some wet food instead of dry food -- my concern being that the dry food could raise her glucose more than the wet food)
  • called around to the county treasurers office about the property on one side of mine. it's currently two years behind on property taxes, this fall will make it three years behind, so next june it'll go up for auction by the county. that property has no room for septic leach lines, so has none and can't be rented or lived in as it is. it will need a heck of a lot of work, but i can add that to my current long term home improvement plans. the worst will be the invasive bamboo forest in it's tiny back yard, which i'll have to dig up -- i'll need to get all the roots out, digging the whole back yard at least 1 1/2 feet but probably will do 2 feet deep. then i'll have to immediately dig up any and all new bamboo growth for the next 2 years or more to make sure it's really gone. the structure of the tiny house is in very good condition, but the plumbing pipes are copper (not up to code, so will be replaced), the electrical is outdated (not up to code, so will be replaced), needs new windows/doors and the window wall framing needs to be redone, and it needs a new overhang for the back door and steps for both doors (i'm thinking pre-cast concrete steps). i'd have a gas stove installed for heating, as the house is only 540 sq ft. my end goal is to have an addition to my house by connecting the two houses, and have a couple 3-in-1 or 4-in-1 apple trees planted in the back yard area. the last time that property sold it was at the county auction in 2007, and it sold for $10.

Last edited:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Scoop litter boxes
  • Work out.  It's HOT today, may do a video?
  • Vacuum.  The hairball tumbleweeds are getting to be a bit much.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
  • Dr appt this morning
  • Gather my blueberry money (our local Kiwanis takes orders for blueberries and I always get an order sheet for friends and family) The guy is coming in this afternoon to pick up all the money and the blueberries will come in next week for delivery. 10 pounds for $30 is a really good deal and the blueberries are always very large and delicious. I always get at least 2 boxes and then I freeze them in quart bags to use later on. Frozen blueberries are a delicious treat. And then there's blueberry muffins, blueberry grunt, blueberry buckle, Alabama Blueberry Bread (a TDF recipe, originally from Penzey), blueberry cake, blueberry pies, etc.
  • Scoop those boxes

pinkdagger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
- Do a bit of shopping.

- Make a few bird toys.

- Head into work a bit early.. manager has to leave early for an appointment and (as a new girl myself) I've got a new girl to train.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • snick's sub-q's, breakfast, pills
  • the "usuals" -- wash the dishes, clean the litter boxes, trash out
  • call my mortgage lender re adding that possible new land/property to my title -- i'm gathering all the info i need ahead of time

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Had my hair coloured and cut - the hairdressers gave me a voucher for the colour so it didn't cost much which was really lovely of them.

Did a load of washing to see if I could figure out where a pool of water had come from under my sink but so far no source - at least it doesn't seem to be the washing machine and checking it all out means I've got a very cleam and tidy under sink cupboard!

Stripped down my bed and cleaned out my bedroom.

dragonheart

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Today's docket:

Laundry--looks like 2 loads today.

Send out 1 job application--the hunt continues. My goal is one per day, which I thought was a little low until I actually started looking at job listings. It took me probably 2 hours yesterday just to find one potential, though the commute is a bit further than what I would consider reasonable.

Find my tablet, which somehow disappeared between late last night and this morning. It couldn't have gone far, but the fact that it is not where I left it is more than a little disconcerting. It should have either been on the side of the bed I don't use or on my nightstand. It is not in either of those places. Nor is it on its stand, in the nightstand or under the bed. I am confused.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • Laundry.  Does it ever end? 
  • Meaningful grocery shopping.  This I CANNOT do by bike, it involves buying family packs of meat on sale.  Which is awesome since I have 1.5 days left of raw for my cats.
  • Make raw food for kitties.  Doing Cornish hen today (since it is here and defrosted).
DragonHeart, I feel your pain.  I HATE job hunting.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  • snick's breakfast, pills, some brushing.
  • the "usuals" (wash the dishes, scoop the litter boxes, take the trash out).
  • wrote up my "to do" list for tomorrows "busy" day, talked with neighbor about hauling away the downed tree limb on her property from yesterday evenings storm (i'll cut it up and use it as firewood once it's seasoned), will run the washing machine this evening.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I called off sick today and I've my second nasty cold in two months and I have the remnants of a bad headache. Not a migraine, just a headache from all the coughing and sneezing and stuffiness. I never slept last night either. So I gave up and called in.

That being said:
  • Two small loads of laundry
  • A quick vacuum around the house (I had to Bona the computer room floor as somebody decided to gift me with a good inch of litter from the box, strewn all over the place. It was damp litter, too, so I couldn't just sweep it up....I had to Bona.) I 
     my cats; honest I do. But some days.......grrrrrrrrr
  • Trash night tonight 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Get well @Winchester - less housework, more rest!

• major house clean because today I'm getting...
  • ..a new carpet, being laid this afternoon!  Yay!
  • baking a quiche with a friend's chook's eggs, freshly laid.

Status
Not open for further replies.