Nala and her kittens

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You can bring in all sorts of germs and parasites on the bottom of your shoes, so being inside isn't a guarantee. It sounds like she's unwell and should see a vet.

Canned pumpkin isn't a brand. It's with normal canned fruits and veggies in most grocery stores. It's just pumpkin in a can! Other squash would probably work as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok thank you! I'll pick some up today and hopefully it works. Poor thing..I hate when they don't seem right! It's no different then when my kids are sick.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's it, but you can find smaller quantities at a pet store. Personally, I'm reluctant to open a can that size for 1 teaspoonful.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's the stuff!  You can give some to the cat and use some for baking or cooking, whatever you want.  You'll also likely give it to Nala repeatedly.

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got the generic store brand that has only pumpkin in it also and it was only $1 so I'd much rather use that then have to travel to a pet store (none around me) or pay $3 at a farm store. I hope this helps her. Her stomach is all gurgly when I put my hand on it and she's been sleeping a lot today. She has had a couple bowel movements and part is normal and then the other is soft still.

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
It is pure canned pumpkin do not feed pumpkin pie filling. The kittens are too cute. 
Thank you! I'm enjoying my time with them. I need to post new pics[emoji]128522[/emoji]

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gave her a little on my finger and she lapped it right up!!! How much and how often should I give it to her?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A tablespoon with each meal for now. When she's better, once a day. You can freeze some of the pumpkin to keep it fresh. How's her eye?

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I don't know if you can see it in the picture. But her left eye (right in the picture) is foggy. It's never been like that before. And it was a little red in the corner earlier.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's hard to tell in the picture, but she may have an infection and need an antibiotic ointment. Can you get her a vet appointment?

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If you click on the picture you can see it a little better. It's like it got scratched or something and it glazed over. I can't make an appointment at this time...the vets are extremely expensive!

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I mean if it gets bad then I will but she can still see cause I checked and she seems to be doing better.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A scratched eye almost definitely needs antibiotic ointment and it's not something that you want to wait and see on, unfortunately. It could quickly turn into her losing her eye completely.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's it, but you can find smaller quantities at a pet store. Personally, I'm reluctant to open a can that size for 1 teaspoonful.
Canned pumpkin freezes well. In fact when I was using it for one of my cats, I froze it in ice trays, took out one block at the time.

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
yes thats the correct item=i use half a can of pumpkin a week=i dump the rest down the drain with water running. i add it to a tuperware container and a bit of water to make it pudding like consistancy. Yes I have one cat who loves to lap it off my finger. I have another that only laps it if its not ice cold. And I mix in the wet food as well.

I didnt have luck freezing it..it made ice crystals in it and seperated when i thawed. so i dont bother. I buy a can a week.

As far as the eye its very uncomfortable for them. i just got over an ulcer in eye kitty. we were doing ointment but she still got a puffy eye and blinks..they did the stain and found ulcers..they started on antibiotic drops for 2 weeks. She will feel better getting it looked at. most vets now dont mess around. if you call and say something is wrong with eye they will probably squeeze you in. i strongly recommend this.