Nala and her kittens

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I agree with seeing a vet, but my oldster, 15 and with heart problems got an infection or scratch on his eye and I didn't want to scare him into cardiac arrest with a vet visit. I have a standing order for the vet to come to the house for vaccinations( since I have two others that go outside and mingle with the ferals)  I ordered Terramycin eye ointment at Pet Meds on the Internet, it is an OTC eye ointment for eye infections. and it cleared it up within days, He was pretty tolerant of me putting a line of it in his eye twice a day, you just pull the lid down and put a line across the bottom  of the eye. Once again, a vet visit is the best, but if anyone can't afford it this may be the next best thing!Good Luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put the pumpkin in a container and put it in the fridge. I take a spoonful out when she eats. She hasn't had any runny poops since yesterday. Her eye isn't puffy or swollen it's just the hazy glaze over the pupil....that hasn't looked like that before.

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kittens are now 7 weeks old. All are eating soild food and using the litter box. My male cat the dad is getting fixed tomorrow! Thank god cause he is starting to go after the only girl in the litter! Why is he doing this?? She's just a kitten...why wouldn't he be trying to get mama knocked up again?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I don't know, but his hormones will still be active for a couple of weeks after the neuter, so please keep him separate. Seven weeks is much too young to be fertile.

Do you have plans to spay mom too? She can be fixed anytime now since the kittens are weaned. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The kittens are now 7 weeks old. All are eating soild food and using the litter box. My male cat the dad is getting fixed tomorrow! Thank god cause he is starting to go after the only girl in the litter! Why is he doing this?? She's just a kitten...

He's a pedofeline.[emoji]128516[/emoji]

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha!!! It's annoying cause he's making that weird noise that male cats do so I'm glad he's getting fixed. They still nurse 1 or 2 times a day....she hasn't weaned them yet. I'm not sure why.? She will be getting fixed 2 weeks after she stops nursing. That's how the vets do it here.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Okay. They will nurse for a few more weeks, or as long as mom will let them. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I thought they stopped around 8 weeks? So don't let them go at 8 weeks?

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kittens are mostly weaned by 8 weeks, but they need to stay with mom for at least 10-12 weeks to learn proper cat manners.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My kittens were fully "weaned" by 6 weeks, but nursed their mom for 4 months, when she finally stopped letting them. She was spayed when they were 7 weeks old, but continued to have plenty of milk.

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok well I got all my cats at 8 weeks old. I think they are pretty much done nursing but just still try. She does get up and move after a minute and I don't know if that's her way of weaning them. Mom doesn't really do much with them. They play with there litter mates all the time and she just watches them.

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ok good![emoji]128522[/emoji]

nalasmomma

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my word!! So this started last night where Nala will start hissing and swatting at the kittens if they get near her! It's happened twice. This morning when it happened she was nursing them 2 minutes later! What is going on? I think it's time for them to go to there new home! We are keeping 2!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's just disciplining them - letting them know she's the boss. It's normal. How old are they now?