Mystery solved!!!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I took Miss Zander to the vet yesterday to get her booster shot and dewormed. She is now 4.4 lbs and I'm so happy. She's gained about a pound since her last visit.

Her vet walked in the room and said, "So how's "nosey" doing today?" He thinks she is just precious. He checked her all over and said she looks great; of course we already knew that
.  He has her age at 6 months, but I'm not quite sure since she is so small. It could be because she was so sick before but she is still small. Maybe I just want her to stay a baby LOL.

She is now ready to be spayed so I will be scheduling her in a few weeks. I know I should do it as soon as possible but I've had a lot of things going on right now and need to get over some stress I've been dealing with before I put her through that.

I will post pictures as soon as I can get her stopped long enough to take them.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Enjoy your wonderful baby-cat for now and take the time you need to relx and feel in a positive place before you take her along for her surgery.  She will feel safe and heal best when you are not so stressed.   Take good care of your self and make the most of that gorgeous little kitten of yours to help you relax.
   Of course, remember that taking photos and videos of Zander would be a wonderful way to relax, and show us as many of your pictures as you like - we will be sure not to tire of them.  

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Enjoy your wonderful baby-cat for now and take the time you need to relx and feel in a positive place before you take her along for her surgery.  She will feel safe and heal best when you are not so stressed.   Take good care of your self and make the most of that gorgeous little kitten of yours to help you relax.
   Of course, remember that taking photos and videos of Zander would be a wonderful way to relax, and show us as many of your pictures as you like - we will be sure not to tire of them.  
Thank you so much. She has become such a blessing in my life. 

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, vets usually determine the age by looking at the teeth. Since she is too small to look like a 6month old, means what you said: that she was sick most of the time and didn't manage to develop perfectly.

BUT, there's nothing wrong in being "petite and beautiful"! 

I know, it's going to be a stressful period being spayed and joining the "grown up table" heheh! Try to do that when you are calmer (or is it "more calm"?) .

I was so much under stress when Grizzly got neutered that he couldn't catch a break.. poor thing! I was all over him, all the time.. It was like I was under a "demon of overprotectiveness" and I made his life miserable.. Thank God it took him only 48hours to recover completely.. Or else, I'm pretty sure, he would have murdered me.

It's harder with females.. Longer recovering period, more invasive surgery.. But if you shower her with love, tenderness, safety and patience, it will be easier on her 

She'll also have all of us on her side 

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have spent the last hour rereading this thread. I am still amazed at the strength of this precious little girl and the way she has captured my heart.

I guess her vet is about right on the money with her age. I figured she was about 5 - 6 weeks when I found her and he put her birthdate at May 26 so that would put her at just over 5 months. It's amazing at how the time has been. It don't seem like she's been with me that long yet when I look at the time and being with her it's like she's always been there.

She is an amazing little girl and I couldn't imagine life without her. Thanks to everyone here at TCS for all your support and kind words. You all have become very special to me also.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Aww
@kntrygrl256. Zander is a very special girl who really fell on her paws when she found you. It's been lovely following her progress to the cheeky, healthy, happy and lively kitten that she's grown into - thanks in no small part to your wonderful care.
...and so does she
Well said - couldn't agree more.  

fyllis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Look at those eyes!  OMG! She gets more adorable every day... and she is growing so fast! How beautiful!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Loving thing picture -  Zander looks like she's having lots of fun here. 
    How grown up she is looking too. 

Ruffle that fur for me, it looks so soft and inviting here.