My terrible situation

abby7625

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Great news!!!! I have thought of you off and on all day today, hoping for the best. Glad its looking up for you!!

loubelia

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sue, I am so glad that things are starting to look for you. I'll send you 'Let's keep them comin' vibes' toward you and Tybalt and Kitties

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy things are working out for you. So does this mean you get to keep your house? I'm a little ignorant when it comes to bankruptcy laws but I'm under the impression they have to let you keep your home?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I get to keep the house, provided I make the bankruptcy payments and my future mortgage payments on time without problems. This is not going to be easy; the bankruptcy trustee gets $550 a month and the mortgage co $950. That doens't leave a whole lot left once bills are paid and cats are fed. Fortunately, Tybalt's mom is an
and is going to help out month to month. This is going to be over the next 5 years, unless I win the lottery or something before that time and can pay it off early

This also makes my past due bills for the winter's gas and electric go away.
I don't feel bad that they are out the money, since they shut me off in error this past fall and didn't come out to turn the heat and lights back on for a week!!!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow the bankruptcy trustee gets that much?? Holy cow!! Well, at least you get to keep your home and won't have to worry about a place where you can keep your kitties.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom of 10 cats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yup, and they are going to take it right out of my paycheck. I get paid every 2 weeks, so half of that will come out of each check.

BUT...at least we get to keep the house.

tigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is great news
.. my lawyer tries to keep people out of chapter 13 because it leaves you with little money leftover.