margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

These were the after pictures.  .....As you can see, he was NOT amused!  
@Angels mommy   ....these are the best. 

Angel, actually does not look too 'wet-cat-like' in the first 2 photos, more muscular,  and his fur seems to fluff up quite quickly by the last photo.

He does look long, as you mentioned, tall, and muscular, as a wet cat.

But that 3rd photo...oh, my..."'if looks could kill'.. you'd be lying on the floor"...is a Heart song.  I'm pretty sure that Angel's looks in these 2 photos, out trump the other one of just 'such disgust'.

These look a lot more serious, but by the last one, Angel looks to be all okay, and ready to go. Sweet guy. 
  Unless he was 'counting to ten' and calming down, still.

As long as your bathroom was intact by morning, I think you were in 'angel's good books'. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Kelly, those most recent photos are hilarious.  Poor Angel.  View media item 337219  ,  is he really frusty and saying 'I will make you suffer for this later',  or is it more of a sly smirk  'Hah, got yah.  You figure I hated that nice little bath,  and now you're going to have to pamper me even more and give in to my every whim'.    Somehow I can't imagine you giving him a bath every month if he hated it.  

Hope you are feeling stronger today, now you have made it through Angel's scheduled last appointment.   Stay strong.  

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
  These were the after pictures.  .....As you can see, he was NOT amused!     
"Can I leave now?!"

Kelly-I love these Photos! I don't have anything to add because everyone above me has said it so well! Angel is the biggest Angel now. Its obvious he loves you as he put up with those baths! I loved him trying to climb and meow his way out.

Thank you for sharing these great photos!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone!   The pictures really make me smile too. Yes, he complained the whole time, but he really was a good boy.  That's why I got it down & done fast, so he wouldn't have to be in there any longer than he had to.   Yes, he really was muscular, I guess from all of those first few years outside, chasing squirrels!   I got to see just how muscular his legs were a couple of years ago. I think it was after he had his shots, or maybe after getting his teeth cleaned. Either way, it was when he must have had an injection in his back side / or leg. I remember I got up that night, & noticed him limping on his right leg. He has never done that before after any shots, etc...  so I was worried. He meowed pitifully, & acted like he could barely walk, & it scared me. I left a message at the vets that we would be in as soon as they open!  The Dr. took him back for an X-ray, & she said,

(this makes me laugh),  she put him down, to see how he was walking, & she said he walked a few steps, then laid down & held his leg out, like, "It's this one that hurts." All pitiful like. 
 We giggled & it still makes me giggle to think of that. "Angel the Drama king."  Anyway, the X-ray was clear, he was just sore from the shot, so it must have hit the muscle wrong or something, because that had never happened. BUT, his leg really was muscular, I said it looked like a big ol turkey drumstick on the X-ray!  So after that, sometimes I would say to him, "you got them big ol turkey muscle legs boy!" 

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Kelly, those most recent photos are hilarious.  Poor Angel.  :lol3:    His character always shines though in your photographs, and how he is focused on the shower screen while standing in the bath is perfect - like he just knows that sceen wasn't there before and when is it going to vanish and let him out, unaware of his meowmy taking photos from the clear exit at the other end.    Cat nap is right too when she says how well you can see Angel's lovely, fit and muscular figure there.  

I can't make my mind up on what Angel's expression is saying here though View media item 337219 ,  is he really frusty and saying 'I will make you suffer for this later',  or is it more of a sly smirk  'Hah, got yah.  You figure I hated that nice little bath,  and now you're going to have to pamper me even more and give in to my every whim'.    Somehow I can't imagine you giving him a bath every month if he hated it.  :uuh:    

Hope you are feeling stronger today, now you have made it through Angel's scheduled last appointment.   Stay strong.  :vibes:
To me, in this picture, he looks to me to be saying ',ah that's better. I feel fresher now ',

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
LOL, Not quite @Stewball, He was NOT happy. It's more like what @cat nap said, "If looks could kill."  

@MServant, I forgot to mention, just yesterday, I figured out that I was wrong on "the last chemo date."  I looked back at the sheets with it all on there, & what I didn't realize was that after that last treatment that he had, It would have started being every two weeks, not every week anymore, so it would have been July 18th. Poor baby didn't get to do that. I'm so sorry he had to go through that every week, & didn't get a chance to take breaks like that. I just hate that it started aggressively spreading, after it had shrunk them after a few treatments, & was hopeful he would beat it. "Stupid cancer!!"  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the purraise comments ladies. Yes, he was one smart kitty, that's for sure!  
  The vet just thought it was so cute, like a pouty baby, ...."It's this one that has an owey."  

That was my boo boo kitty!  

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pics of Angel. Of course they made me laugh and cry,he was such a delightful kitty. I hope you are feeling better,I know how hard this is. I also thought he would pull through, and prayed for both of you.By the way my name is Barbara,have a good holiday,am sending more love and hope to you. Love to see more pics of Angel.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Dear Kelly,

Thank you for sharing those wonderful pics of Angel. Of course they made me laugh and cry,he was such a delightful kitty. I hope you are feeling better,I know how hard this is. I also thought he would pull through, and prayed for both of you.By the way my name is Barbara,have a good holiday,am sending more love and hope to you. Love to see more pics of Angel.
Thank you Barbara, That means a lot. I hope you have a good Easter too!

Kelly I love the pictures of Angel, he was so beautiful and such a character. He is missed 
Thank you, he really was!  Yes, I miss him every day!
I love that face!!
Me too! Now you can see why I gave him endless kisses all the time!!!  "I just couldn't help it!"

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy
Kelly, I have been following your thread and feel as though I knew Angel. I posted a few times on your previous thread on Angel. I was one that thought your Angel would be one of the lucky kitties and would beat that dreaded disease. I had truly hoped that he would. I cried along with you and the many others here on this site when he lost his battle. Cancer is truly a horrible disease. I lost my kitty Mickey in 2014 from colon cancer. I still cry over his loss. He was my special kitty as Angel was yours. I do have two new kitties now, who I love very much. Believe me, they will never replace my Mickey. He will always have his own special place in my heart and I will always mourn his loss. I love my new kitties for who they are, and they have their own place in my heart. I also lost my mom to cancer. My true best friend. I truly hate the word cancer! It destroys so many lives, the ones that must leave and also the ones that are left behind.
Angel was truly a beauty!
My heart aches for your loss, as I do understand the pain of losing loved ones to that disease.
All your pictures of your sweet Angel are so beautiful!
I just loved your poem!
I wish I could write something like that for my Mickey. I am not that gifted, though.
My new kitty, Mittens is orange and white, sort of resembles your Angel.
Kelly, wishing you much peace as you struggle through the loss of your Angel.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Angels mommy
Kelly, I have been following your thread and feel as though I knew Angel. I posted a few times on your previous thread on Angel. I was one that thought your Angel would be one of the lucky kitties and would beat that dreaded disease. I had truly hoped that he would. I cried along with you and the many others here on this site when he lost his battle. Cancer is truly a horrible disease. I lost my kitty Mickey in 2014 from colon cancer. I still cry over his loss. He was my special kitty as Angel was yours. I do have two new kitties now, who I love very much. Believe me, they will never replace my Mickey. He will always have his own special place in my heart and I will always mourn his loss. I love my new kitties for who they are, and they have their own place in my heart. I also lost my mom to cancer. My true best friend. I truly hate the word cancer! It destroys so many lives, the ones that must leave and also the ones that are left behind.
Angel was truly a beauty!
My heart aches for your loss, as I do understand the pain of losing loved ones to that disease.
All your pictures of your sweet Angel are so beautiful!
I just loved your poem!
I wish I could write something like that for my Mickey. I am not that gifted, though.
My new kitty, Mittens is orange and white, sort of resembles your Angel.
Kelly, wishing you much peace as you struggle through the loss of your Angel.
Aww, Thank you so much for your very kind words. Yes, Cancer is so awful!  I am sorry you lost your mom to it. My mom is my best friend too, & can't even imagine! My mom went through breast cancer 11 years ago. Fortunately it was caught early enough, so all she had to do was have the surgery, no treatments at all, so that was a blessing indeed!  But yes, it is a very bad thing!

I'm glad you have your new kitties. I'm sure it helps. 

I know I will have another kitty one day, but it will probably be a while. I'm no where near ready yet. 

A neighbor up the driveway, has a little calico girl who has come up on my porch a few times to visit. She is sweet. She looks like she is maybe a year old, if that. I don't know the people, but when I saw her with her one day, I asked if that was her baby, & she said yes, & that they tried to keep her in, but couldn't, but they make her come in at night. Now, how much of that is true, I don't know, so I always keep an eye out for her.

I also think she only gets fed once a day at night (that's what another neighbor said)  & she is thin & sleek. Not emaciated, but I think she could put on another lb or two. As tempting as it is, I will not feed her though, because she has a home, & don't want to start that, or cause any problems with the neighbors. They must spot treat her, because she is clean, I haven't seen any fleas or anything on her, so that's good.

I did something the other day that I maybe shouldn't have, but I let her in. She was looking in my glass door, so I opened it & was petting & talking to her. Well, she walked right in & I didn't stop her. she just walked around a bit, checking every room out. She sniffed & sniffed, so as often as I vacuum,(usually twice a wk)  I guess she still smelled Angel's scent around. She smelled the rug in front of the kitchen sink, & laid down there for a minute. She also did that in two different places. In the office between the massage table & the hope chest, where Angel had laid two days before his last, & in the living room around where Angel's bed used to be. She was here about 15-20 minutes. I probably shouldn't do that, but it was nice to have a little visitor for a few minutes. 

I took some pictures of her, so I will have to load them soon to post.  

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Both photos show Angel, but what caught my eye, was the 'guardian angel statue' with the puppy. 

Well, to give you some cheer, just know that the puppy is no longer small, grew up, and was sent to watch the gates.

So now, the 'guardian angel' will be holding 'your Angel' in her arms, and both will be watching over you. Heaven needs cats, too. And who knows, maybe our cats, actually turn into 'guardian angels', too. Anything is possible.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@cat nap, I also hope that the study will help more cats.  That picture of Angel was when I got that new carrier the year before last. The statue of the angel was from my mom one Christmas. She said she couldn't find one with a cat, but then later that years or the next, can't remember, my sister did find one w/ a cat & she is pink w/ a yellow cat. They are up on top of the entertainment center now with another angel from a friend/client.

Yes, not trying to get attached to this little one, for obvious reasons, but hope she is taken good care of. I hope they at least leave some water out for her during the day. I think there is a young child there, as well as a small dog, so not sure of the dynamics there. When she came up on the porch one hot day, I brought some water out for her, but she didn't drink any. I think she comes up because she likes to smell the birds & squirrels. That big flower pot in the corner of my porch used to have a rose in it for years until it died out, so I just started putting some bird seed in a smaller bottom part of a pot, & putting it in there. So, I get a lot of birds, mostly cardinals & I think chick-a-dee's. She has rolled around in that corner before, so I think that is what she is smelling. 

I'd like to find out her name. I told my other neighbor who lives across from her up at the front of the driveway to see if she can find out, & how old she is. 

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I took of her. I do think that maybe I shouldn't let her in anymore, unless it's bad weather or something of course. I don't want her to get the wrong idea. I have to be careful.

But I do worry about her being outside all day by herself. I hate that.  She is also thin & light as a feather. 

OK, the first picture here, is to show you where she lives. I am at the end of a long driveway. Her house is on the opposite side down on the left, where that car is. You can't see the house, for all the trees.

Here she is looking in yesterday, "Helloooooo, anybody home?"

"Oh, there you are, mind if I come in & check out the place?"

LOTS of sniffing going on!

Last edited: