My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I think that little interaction is good for both of you.
Thanks!  Yea, I don't think she gets a lot of attention, but I don't want to get attached either.  I've just always been a caretaking type, so I just can't help it.  My heart is still guarded a little though, but am glad to give her some attention when she comes to hang out on my porch. 

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks!  Yea, I don't think she gets a lot of attention, but I don't want to get attached either.  I've just always been a caretaking type, so I just can't help it.  My heart is still guarded a little though, but am glad to give her some attention when she comes to hang out on my porch. 
Kitty got some attention and you were able to offer. You probably don't see how big of a step that is.. Just enjoy the company.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also finally finished Angel's scrapbook earlier this week!    Of course I can always add to it, I have SO MANY pictures, but is finished for now. 

So, I took pictures of all the pages like we talked about, so you can all see it, as If looking at it in order, page, by page. 

Here it is. I added the story of "How Angel Adopted Me" at the beginning, it seemed like a good way to start it off, of how he came to me.  Then, the last picture is one of after I fed him when he had his feeding tube, so it was his last week. I didn't add the pictures from his last morning, as I posted at the start of this thread, because they are just too sad. Then, I added the last entry from his daily logs, that I posted on the GoFundMe update.

The small picture of him on the porch railing, is the first picture I ever took of him, when he started hanging out on my porch.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Beautiful. After court Monday I'm going to take a few days off from my at home law degree/veterinary research and try and work on Kitten's. I may reference your pages for ideas to get started. Not copy but inspire.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
The scrapbook is just wonderful.  It tells the story of a deeply loved and very special cat who lived a very happy life once he came to you.   You did a beautiful job on it.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly, your scrapbook looks amazing! You did an awesome job!
Thanks Jenny!   I started it, about 4 years ago I think. Adding here & there. 

Beautiful. After court Monday I'm going to take a few days off from my at home law degree/veterinary research and try and work on Kitten's. I may reference your pages for ideas to get started. Not copy but inspire.
Thank you! Wow, you are busy! I hope court is going well.
 Just a trip to Hobby Lobby will help inspire too. 
 I can definitely tell my earlier pages from the more recent ones, where I discovered more scrapbook supplies!  I also got creative w/ cutting things out. The page with the sunflowers on it was from some stationary I had & cut them from the paper. I also like the booklets of card stock paper, to glue pictures on like a mat.

I just used those scissors like pinking sheers on some of them. I also love Hobby Lobby because they have the biggest selection of scrapbook paper. If I can, I sometimes tried to match the picture w/ a page, like the one with grass, when I saw that, I thought, "perfect!" 

The scrapbook is just wonderful.  It tells the story of a deeply loved and very special cat who lived a very happy life once he came to you.   You did a beautiful job on it.  
Aww, thank you Margd. Very loved & special he was!  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kelly that is beautiful. your love and dedication to Angel is evident in every page. You two had such a special bond. 

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background
Kelly=Well done. Yep he is an Angel now and watching over you. I am almost positive that he is plotting with that calico kitty to sooth your soul. You let her love you. Because you deserve to be loved..that cat's facial expression looks like she thoroughly enjoys your company. I think its amazing that you let her in. Small steps..at least she seems to be speaking to your heart by the way she is looking at you..those eyes...and her colors...so very regal and beautiful. 

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Angel's scrapbook is beautiful.  Great job!  Of course looking at it made me cry, but I cry at everything  happy & sad.

Nice also that you have a new little feline friend.  Can't believe she just walked inside your place like that.  Any cats that wander through my yard won't even stop to let me pat them, so there's no way they'd ever come inside. Not that Ruby would let them!

Wonder if the little calico has been spayed?  If not, you know what that will eventually mean.  But for now, she actually does look a little thin. At least in that last picture.  I'd suggest having some treats for when she comes to visit, but then she'd probably be on your doorstep more than her own.  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here she is looking in yesterday, "Helloooooo, anybody home?"

"Oh, there you are, mind if I come in & check out the place?"

LOTS of sniffing going on!

what a cutie, Kelly you must be a cat whisperer, it is amazing how kitties find you and are so trusting of you. You have a gift 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, Thank you guys!  I really enjoyed doing it. However, last night I realized I forgot to put the poem in!  
 Uhhh! Those screws are such a pain in the butt to deal with!  I will just have to do it another day.

OR, I could just put it in the sleeve his picture is in in the very back & then put the picture on the other side of it. MAybe, I'll have to see. I may want to glue the poem to a pretty piece of scrapbook paper instead. 

As for my new little friend, It is SO tempting to even give her treats, but I fear that would be that same as feeding her, so to speak. She is so thin, I go back & forth about it in my head though. 

I think from now on, I will probably just step out onto the porch & visit with her.  I don't know what I'll be starting, if I let her in again!  I will also put some water out for her, when I see her out there.

So far it isn't very often. I think it was maybe twice this week, but usually less.  If she ever shows up in bad weather, I will of course let her in. I'd rather do that than her be hiding out somewhere not safe, if she isn't in her home.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

what a cutie, Kelly you must be a cat whisperer, it is amazing how kitties find you and are so trusting of you. You have a gift 
"Well Eric, I am a Leo, so maybe that's it."  
  No honestly, I have no idea!    
  Like I said, maybe she is smelling the squirrels, & birds that are up here eating all the bird food.   

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@cat nap
, I also hope that the study will help more cats.  That picture of Angel was when I got that new carrier the year before last. The statue of the angel was from my mom one Christmas. She said she couldn't find one with a cat, but then later that years or the next, can't remember, my sister did find one w/ a cat & she is pink w/ a yellow cat. They are up on top of the entertainment center now with another angel from a friend/client.

Yes, not trying to get attached to this little one, for obvious reasons, but hope she is taken good care of. I hope they at least leave some water out for her during the day. I think there is a young child there, as well as a small dog, so not sure of the dynamics there. When she came up on the porch one hot day, I brought some water out for her, but she didn't drink any. I think she comes up because she likes to smell the birds & squirrels. That big flower pot in the corner of my porch used to have a rose in it for years until it died out, so I just started putting some bird seed in a smaller bottom part of a pot, & putting it in there. So, I get a lot of birds, mostly cardinals & I think chick-a-dee's. She has rolled around in that corner before, so I think that is what she is smelling. 
I'd like to find out her name. I told my other neighbor who lives across from her up at the front of the driveway to see if she can find out, & how old she is. 
Anyway, here are some of the pictures I took of her. I do think that maybe I shouldn't let her in anymore, unless it's bad weather or something of course. I don't want her to get the wrong idea. I have to be careful.
But I do worry about her being outside all day by herself. I hate that.  She is also thin & light as a feather. 
OK, the first picture here, is to show you where she lives. I am at the end of a long driveway. Her house is on the opposite side down on the left, where that car is. You can't see the house, for all the trees.

Here she is looking in yesterday, "Helloooooo, anybody home?"

"Oh, there you are, mind if I come in & check out the place?"

LOTS of sniffing going on!

She's lovely.

kittylove53

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Kelly,

Every picture in your book makes me know how very much you loved Angel. The love just jumps out of every page. This is so touching I can not stop crying. I only know so well how you are feeling. Thank you so much for being able to share these precious photos. I have an older computer,and it probably will not let me see the pics on your other site. Your story and life with Angel has touched a deep part of my heart, and I thank you so much for letting us look into your life with Angel. He was such a special kitty.I understand how you opened the door to let the Calico girl in. You are a very loving and special person, and I also believe Angel has told this kitty to visit you. He wants to lift your spirits,because he knows how much you are hurting, as do all of us. I hope you will take some other kitties into your life. They will be so very lucky for you to be their cat mommy. When you think the time is right,it might be sooner than you think. Have a wonderful Easter,am sending more healing your way.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Aww, Thank you guys!  I really enjoyed doing it. However, last night I realized I forgot to put the poem in!  
 Uhhh! Those screws are such a pain in the butt to deal with!  I will just have to do it another day.

OR, I could just put it in the sleeve his picture is in in the very back & then put the picture on the other side of it. MAybe, I'll have to see. I may want to glue the poem to a pretty piece of scrapbook paper instead. 

As for my new little friend, It is SO tempting to even give her treats, but I fear that would be that same as feeding her, so to speak. She is so thin, I go back & forth about it in my head though. 

I think from now on, I will probably just step out onto the porch & visit with her.  I don't know what I'll be starting, if I let her in again!  I will also put some water out for her, when I see her out there.

So far it isn't very often. I think it was maybe twice this week, but usually less.  If she ever shows up in bad weather, I will of course let her in. I'd rather do that than her be hiding out somewhere not safe, if she isn't in her home.  
Oh no Kelly, I am sure you will find a way to get that poem in and give it the special place it deserves in Angel's scrap book.

I wonder if this pretty little female is sensing something about you and your home, that she wants to come and remind you of that special cat place you have in your heart and that it is still there when you feel ready.  

We have a really pretty little cat that wanders around my neighbourhood and for a long time I worried she was being neglected: she is always out no matter how bad the weather and was getting thinner every time I saw her.  Sometimes looking dusty and dirty which is very sad as I am sure she is a pedigree or close to purebred of some sort with lovely long, creamy fur and blue eyes.  When I talked to other neighbours up and down the street though they said the people she lives with do try to keep her in but she just always wanders back to where they used to live (they moved a few streets away about 10 years ago).   There are several of the neighbours who feed her by leaving little bowls of cat food and milk out for her when they see her out and about, and will encourage her to come in to their homes if they see her and the weather is bad.  I think the only reason she looks kind of thin these days is because she is getting old.  She is a precious little cat and ever so friendly.  So hard to resist any creature who looks at you like that little visitor of yours does.  

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
@Stewball  , Thank you!  

@kittylove53  & @MServant, Thank you for your kind words. I am so glad the photos let you see what I have in him. Such a sweet, special & funny boy. He really was my soul kitty.

Those are only a few in comparison to all the pictures I have of him. (I think 95% of my pictures on my computer are of him)  Yes, I do think the little neighbor kitty knows I am a kitty person, as well as probably still smelling Angel all over the place. I know I will have another one day, I have way too much love to give in my big Leo heart!  I have also always been a caretaking kind of person. I also just have a heart for animals.   

Until I am ready, it's nice to just have a little visitor once &  awhile. I also have birds & squirrels that come and eat the bird seed I put out.  

@MServant, That neighborhood kitty you spoke of sounds beautiful!  You should try & get a picture of her.