My Sweet Angel Baby Crossed the Rainbow Bridge 2/5/16

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I received the urn today. I just have to decide on what picture I want to put in the front now. It's only a 2 x 2&1/2 picture space, so will have to see if I can get that size, or close to it. I know cvs had some wallet size choices when I sent pictures there before, so will have to look & see if they have one that size. Then I can just go pick it up right down the street. Once I have that in place, I will put everything in there. It is way bigger than I though it would be. It's at least one size bigger than I thought it would be. Everything will fit though, so that's good. I will just take the blue velvet bag that has his ashes in it out of the black plastic box, & put it in there, along with the other blue velvet bag that has some of his fur in it.  I will probably unroll the certificate & fold it to fit in there too. It doesn't have the day I let him go on it, (2/5) it has the cremation date (2/11), so, not really a

"death Certificate,"  but more of confirmation that it is only Angel, & the date done. 

I think I will be placing it on the shelf where all of the cards have been. I think I will use one of the scrapbook sleeves to put all of the cards in, just to hold them, like a folder, & put it in the back of the book.

I think I am going to print out "Our Story, how Angel adopted me," & put it in the front of the book, & the final entry from his daily logs at the end, before the cards. 

Maybe I will do another scrapbook page this weekend, if I feel up to it. I am so tired! Between working, & going over to my parents a couple of times lately to work on my table, AND, I thought a friend was going to come in town this weekend, (but now he is sick, so not coming. a bad cold, sounds bad, so I said you can keep that, don't bring it here!)   so I had been getting everything done around the house, laundry, cleaning, etc...

. "I am exhausted!" " I feel like my arms are gonna fall off!!!"  I am SO overdue for a massage!! 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

I received the urn today. I just have to decide on what picture I want to put in the front now. It's only a 2 x 2&1/2 picture space, so will have to see if I can get that size, or close to it. I know cvs had some wallet size choices when I sent pictures there before, so will have to look & see if they have one that size. Then I can just go pick it up right down the street. Once I have that in place, I will put everything in there. It is way bigger than I though it would be. It's at least one size bigger than I thought it would be. Everything will fit though, so that's good. I will just take the blue velvet bag that has his ashes in it out of the black plastic box, & put it in there, along with the other blue velvet bag that has some of his fur in it.  I will probably unroll the certificate & fold it to fit in there too. It doesn't have the day I let him go on it, (2/5) it has the cremation date (2/11), so, not really a

"death Certificate,"  but more of confirmation that it is only Angel, & the date done. 

I think I will be placing it on the shelf where all of the cards have been. I think I will use one of the scrapbook sleeves to put all of the cards in, just to hold them, like a folder, & put it in the back of the book.

I think I am going to print out "Our Story, how Angel adopted me," & put it in the front of the book, & the final entry from his daily logs at the end, before the cards. 

Maybe I will do another scrapbook page this weekend, if I feel up to it. I am so tired! Between working, & going over to my parents a couple of times lately to work on my table, AND, I thought a friend was going to come in town this weekend, (but now he is sick, so not coming. a bad cold, sounds bad, so I said you can keep that, don't bring it here!)   so I had been getting everything done around the house, laundry, cleaning, etc...

. "I am exhausted!" " I feel like my arms are gonna fall off!!!"  I am SO overdue for a massage!! 
Ohh, Kelly, I still cannot believe he is gone sometimes. But I do know he is watching over you, so even though you have not felt his touch, yet, just know that Angel will always be dropping by, to keep an eye on things. 

The way you are arranging the things that you will be putting in the pet urn sounds good. And also keeping all the cards in a sleeve in the scrapbook, versus just in a file.

Last edited by a moderator:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I mentioned that I received the urn I ordered on Friday.  I spent yesterday looking through the many pictures I have of Angel, trying to find one that would work in that space on it for a picture. It's 2 inches high, & 2 & 1/2 inches wide. I picked about 6 different ones, & ordered wallet sizes, since they are the smallest, to see what would work in that space. I am going to pick them up today. Once I do that, & have his picture on it, then I will put everything in it. I hope one works, even the wallets seem big.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
This site is always so supportive to all of the members and the outpouring of love to Kelly and Angel is no exception. A lot of the later posts in this thread had turned to making Kelly laugh and no longer were about Angel. This thread is all about what a wonderful companion Angel was to Kelly :rbheart: , so let's keep the topic of this thread to Angel.

The other posts have been moved here -

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/315955/coping-with-the-loss-of-angel

Please do help Kelly laugh and smile and continue forward in this thread.

:hugs: :hugs:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I think I mentioned that I received the urn I ordered on Friday.  I spent yesterday looking through the many pictures I have of Angel, trying to find one that would work in that space on it for a picture. It's 2 inches high, & 2 & 1/2 inches wide. I picked about 6 different ones, & ordered wallet sizes, since they are the smallest, to see what would work in that space. I am going to pick them up today. Once I do that, & have his picture on it, then I will put everything in it. I hope one works, even the wallets seem big.
I bet you will find the perfect one. :hugs:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bet you will find the perfect one.
Thank you. It's a weird size to try & fit.  Especially because it's longer, vs/ taller, like the wallets come. I had to cut the wallet sizes down just to fit, & they were all not quite wide enough, but settled on one. (I think).

They really should make it the same size as a wallet print measures.  When I do the reveiew on amazon, I will mention that. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Perhaps, you could take a photo of Angel, to walmart, or any place that has those photo machines, and use the "crop" feature to crop them down to whatever size you wanted.

You use 'crop' ...then 'resize' to resize the photo...to whatever size you want. I tend to ask the people that work there, so that I don't have to print so many mistakes.

The place where you picked up the photos should know about this, too.

Usually this can be done on your computer, but not if your computer is acting up.

Cannot wait to see, what you have chosen for Angel's photo.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
   This is the box of his whiskers that I saved.  I was going to take the other blue bag w/ his ashes in it out, but since it all fits in there. I just left it in the black box. 

This is where I put it.  The shelf looks a little bare, but don't want clutter either, so it may get changed around later, but this is it for now. Maybe I will add a picture of him in a frame. These are the other two I tried on the urn. I do like the one of him in the chair, so I may change it out sometime as well. His face is so sweet in that one. We had been playing w/ "da bird." That's whats' in his paws.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, yesterday when I was going through the many, many pictures, I found this, so I uploaded it to Photo bucket, so I could find it easier again, & share it with you all. It's dark, so you can't see it that well, but well enough.

I may have to see if I can brighten it up some on photo bucket, but not sure you can edit videos. I'm sure someone would be able to w/ the right tools.  Not sure if I did this right. I copied the one that said embed. 

I hope you can view it. 

http://s1255.photobucket.com/user/kelly8-69/media/100_3114_zpsatcitkfn.mp4.html

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
  This is the box of his whiskers that I saved.  I was going to take the other blue bag w/ his ashes in it out, but since it all fits in there. I just left it in the black box. 

This is where I put it.  The shelf looks a little bare, but don't want clutter either, so it may get changed around later, but this is it for now. Maybe I will add a picture of him in a frame. These are the other two I tried on the urn. I do like the one of him in the chair, so I may change it out sometime as well. His face is so sweet in that one. We had been playing w/ "da bird." That's whats' in his paws.

Kelly, the photo you chose, is similar to a favourite of mine, where Angel is sitting regally on the outside concrete steps. 

(I will PM it to you later, because I have to find it, grab it, and then transfer it back to you.)

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You picked a wonderful picture of Angel. He does look cute in the chair. I am so sorry you lost the sweet boy. We all cared about him, he was a very special kitty

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww thanks you guys. Yes, we did have a special bond, as you can see in the video. I wish I could remember when that was. Now, you can understand even more, how special he was to me. He was just as smart as he was sweet!  He will definitely be a hard act to follow for any other kitty, which is also some of my reluctance. (when I am ready).  I think because of how close we were, it will be a while. He was just so special. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Aww thanks you guys. Yes, we did have a special bond, as you can see in the video. I wish I could remember when that was. Now, you can understand even more, how special he was to me. He was just as smart as he was sweet!  He will definitely be a hard act to follow for any other kitty, which is also some of my reluctance. (when I am ready).  I think because of how close we were, it will be a while. He was just so special. 
For sure. 
  But you'll know when. There is no rush. When your pain fades, then you will know.

And do all the things you want to do, first...travel, etc...that way when the new cat comes into your life you will be able to focus all your attention on him/her.

Angel will be happy to see you happy.

Also, I was always a little nervous when adopting a new animal, because I thought they would be too wild, or misbehave, or have health problems.

But then I figured, that any thing could happen, at any time,...and not to overly worry about things ahead of time...like I usually do.

The things our cats teach us, is to enjoy the good moments, and deal with the bad.  You said take it day by day...that is a good way to be. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

For sure. 
  But you'll know when. There is no rush. When your pain fades, then you will know.

And do all the things you want to do, first...travel, etc...that way when the new cat comes into your life you will be able to focus all your attention on him/her.

Also, I was always a little nervous when adopting a new animal, because I thought they would be too wild, or misbehave, or have health problems.

But then I figured, that any thing could happen, at any time,...and not to overly worry about things ahead of time...like I usually do.

The things our cats teach us, is to enjoy the good moments, and deal with the bad.  You said take it day by day...that is a good way to be. 

Thank you. Yes, exactly, I agree with everything you said. I am the same way, but after going through some of the things I went through with Angel, I want to be in a better place financially for sure! 

Last edited:

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

For sure. 

Thank you. Yes, exactly, I agree with everything you said. I am the same way, but after going through some of the things I went through with Angel, I want to be in a better place financially for sure! 

I totally agree with being in a better place financially, so that you can also stress less, when a new cat is in your life...and plan for the future.

(The reason I mention the emotional side more, is because it takes me longer to deal with that, then it does with the finances. But it's only because I share the finances with my sister.)

What you went through with Angel, had me thinking about if I would be strong enough to do it. And what would my limit be. I don't know. I have money put aside for each animal, but the emotional and physical toll might be too much. But you sharing your story about Angel, has me hoping that I would be strong enough.

There may be other illnesses, that I would have to think about, in the future...diabetes, ckd, heart, thyroid..etc.

But I just realized from reading your thread, and other threads here, that I can and would be okay. At least I hope so.

I have four young cats now, so I won't let myself worry about it too much...but I still have to plan for the unexpected...and also feel confident financially. 

Angel's threads and other threads made me realize this.
  Thank you for posting about Angel, at the most difficult times.

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, but I did go on cvs's site & the wallets were the smallest size to print out. I'm not sure, but would probably be the same anywhere else. I couldn't crop any more without cutting into the picture. I even checked on Photo bucket, but they didn't even have wallet size. The next time I stop at walmart, I can ask, but not sure it will change. Besides, I would have to send it from my computer. I couldn't do it there, because It's not on a camera card. Remember, my computer stopped loading from my camera card a year ago, so have just used my phone, & then have to email the picture to myself, then download it onto my computer. All a pain in the butt! 
I put everything in the urn today, so I have shed tears a couple of times today. Just seeing his picture on there with what it says.....

The picture on the box is really lovely.

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm crying right now because I know how sad this is to go through. The little mouse on top killed me. A cat without a toy is the saddest thing. Even now we try and make them happy.